Apple "Facts"

1. funmunke
    Marshmallow May 25, 2017

funmunke , May 25, 2017 :
    Then help me make it something of value with alternate Apple facts.

sfomin likes this.
  2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

3. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

4. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran May 25, 2017

5. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    Yeah but, my job makes me a kind of Internet Batman, so sometimes I just have to protect the city and point out the wrongdoings of the evil :D

6. saransh.jain.18
    Cupcake May 25, 2017

7. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    Well done Captain, perfect timing...

8. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 25, 2017

9. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 25, 2017

G_plusone , May 25, 2017 :
    If you are not so lucky enough you might become an iBoy

funmunke likes this.
  10. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2017

Yash Bhardwaj , May 25, 2017 :
    Hey we need to stay on topic or we will have to handle reminders from mods.
    Fact:Apple is the best brand for d*mb people.
    Fact2:
    Screenshot_20170525-111704_01.png

Heisenberg_009, Baymax and sfomin like this.
  11. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2017

johnhart , May 25, 2017 :
    This is coming from a lifelong macOS/iOS user (1986-2015) that dumped both for Windows 10 and Android. And a respected store employee in the early 2000s.

1. We innovate. We lead.

Two topics, both pointless.

Innovation used to be a big thing at Apple. Not so much in the Tim Cook era. Sure, they still innovate here and there, but so do other companies. So a pointless point. Leadership requires being ahead of others -- yet there are many examples where users wish Apple would follow the lead of others. Invalid point.

2. We make performance oriented, premium products.

So do others. Pointless point.

3. We make our customers happy. So they keep coming back to us.

So do others. Pointless point.

4. We are the most valuable company on Earth, our competitors and even others are way behind.
    5. We prosper

a. One point repeated. Gets to only count once if relevant.
    b. Not relevant. (The best meat sandwich anywhere is a Houston's Roast Beef dip. Does the zillions of dollars McDonalds possess make that sandwich taste bad? Or McDiarhea taste better? Nope and nope because the amount of money in the bank has no correlation to a product's quality.) Pointless point.

and those who partner with us, prosper with us.

I don't care which pickle manufacturer makes McDonalds pickles and if they prosper. I only care if the pickles are any good. Pointless point.

6. Our products are unique.

Depends how you define unique. I own a Beelink AP42 Mini PC. It's unique in that Apple offers nothing so small. Or so inexpensive. It's not utterly unique because Voyo released a similar looking model months earlier. Pointless point.

When you see an iPhone, you know you saw an iPhone.

Take away the branding on the back and install an image of Android and most people who have no idea it was an iPhone. I know this because I use Nova Launcher on my OnePlus and designed it to look more like iOS (all apps, no widgets) and people ask me which iPhone I've got. lol Wait for it: Pointless point.

7. Our products and technology are proprietary. We are not a charitable organization.

Doesn't help me. And why do you keep saying 'We'? I know for a fact Apple discourages real employees from saying anything like this in public. In this way you can't be speaking on behalf of Apple. The we you're referring are the other voices in your head apparently. 3... 2... 1 -- Pointless point.

8. We give back to our society via our corporate responsibility program.

'We' (lol) park zillions of dollars offshore that are supposed to be tax revenue. Worse than a pointless point: myopic propaganda.

9. Our shareholders are a happy lot. Those who missed us, regret what they missed.

I'm a involuntary shareholder. And yet I hate Apple's greedy direction and uninspired ideas. And would discourage anyone from buying anything Apple at this point.

Pointless points, one and all. That was some impressive blank shooting my friend.

If this initial post was satirical -- well done, I fell for it.

Last edited: May 25, 2017

12. sfomin
    Nougat May 25, 2017

sfomin , May 25, 2017 :
    Played the apple stock a few times for a small profit. Can you sell?

13. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 26, 2017

Baymax , May 26, 2017 :
    I tried to make a point of this. He shot it down with some quote about being clever. He is obviously biased by Apple.

i still hold true to my post here [​IMG] :
    I think we have all been played, John.

14. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 26, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 26, 2017 :
    That's some fighting talk. Top 5, I'll give you.

These people need to make their minds up - it's the rounded corners look & feel thing all over again, except that apparently an iPhone still stands out from a mile away. You can't have your cake & eat it, unless you made an awful lot of cake.

No shit, like you say they don't even pay their taxes so I don't see them setting up a widows & orphans fund at the Foxconn factory any time soon.

He's obviously a troll, but I think he actually believes it as well - basically the worst of both worlds.

And you were doing so well.

15. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator May 26, 2017

SoniaB , May 26, 2017 :
    last few pages of the thread cleaned.
    Everyone, please stay on-topic. We are all allowed to have an opinion ... but just because you do not agree with another user(s), does not give you the right to derail the thread either. That applies to everyone posting in here.

@Sridhar Ananthanarayanan reading the thread, I do feel it has just about ran its course. There is zero active engagement from any party. So any further derailing of this thread and it will be closed.

Baymax, dsmonteiro, adpro and 2 others like this.
  16. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 26, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 26, 2017 :
    Thank you. If people remain with the topic, no thread would get derailed. When people don't agree with something, they have 2 options:

1. Ignore and move on
    2. Disagree and present their point of view

But what is happening is they begin posting irrelevant stuff, demeaning other opinions and views, and the thread begins to derail. In other words, destroying the usefulness of a community meant for knowledge sharing and helping each other out.

No wonder you have to keep coming in.

Last edited: May 26, 2017

17. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 26, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 26, 2017 :
    Respect your views, despite disagreement on some. This is the kind of response we look for in a community - constructive and respectful, without compromise.

There was nothing in my post to suggest innovation was limited to Apple. Innovation is happening everywhere, Apple again being no exception. How I look at it is this:

Apple made the most successful product (in many sense) - the iPhone which revolutionized the concept of a smartphone. Everything else we see today followed that. Bearing in mind that the company is a "for profit" company, and the fact that the iPhone has consistently been the best selling phone model (at least in the top 3 every year since launch), they didn't want to do anything different that would hamper it's success in any way.

Yes, much of what we see is a spec upgrade over preceding years, but given that it still continues to top the charts, and being primary source of profit for the company, they aren't doing much to change anything. But we shouldn't write them off on the innovation front. Again, Steve Jobs was the man behind the idea, but we can't be disrespectful to all the others who have contributed to the success of the product. It would not be incorrect to say that the marketing team probably did the best job in the company.

Where you say - "so do others" - there was nothing in my post that suggested only Apple did a good job. Again as before, if I say X is good, people should read just that. But what is happening is people read my comment as X is better than Y. Not my problem.

One of the reasons why Apple doesn't want to allow homescreen customization is the fact that they want to stick with a certain design language. It is true when we see the home screen of an iPhone, we know it is the iPhone. Even Android, with it's material design guidelines, made white icons on status bar mandatory. Each company has the right to make decisions for their products, and if the product is successful, that too one as successful as the iPhone, it is a tough decision to try and change something.

Apple is a MNC. It is not serving one market, even though it is headquartered in one country. The primary objective of any company is to reward it's owners (shareholders) and take decisions with that being the primary end objective. Making products are a means to that end. Saving tax in a legally allowed manner is perfectly acceptable. That doesn't take away their social responsibility. They aren't socially responsible for the US alone.

Again, we don't have to necessarily agree with each other.

18. adpro
    KitKat May 26, 2017

adpro , May 26, 2017 :
    With all due respect to you and other mods,
    How can a comment be off-topic in off-topic section unless it is abusive/provocative?
    Why mods are being extra sensitive in this guy's threads?

19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 26, 2017

dsmonteiro , May 26, 2017 :
    Off-topic category means it doesn't fit into any other category, not that you don't have to adhere to the thread's topic. That's a common misconception.

As for the mod part, I guess it's because his threads tend to get more derailed than others. I, for one, report every time he starts attacking users or posting random quotes.

20. adpro
    KitKat May 26, 2017

adpro , May 26, 2017 :
    Appreciate your response. Thanks.

21. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 26, 2017