Apple "Facts"

1. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 12, 2017

G_plusone , May 12, 2017 :
    Copy cats do better than originals

And as for Htc they use way old chips in their devices when compared to other oems at a even higher price.
    They sold a snapdragon 200 chip equipped phone HTC Desire 516 when there was a snapdragon 401 powered phone Moto G available at a even low price.
    This is also a reason they are not doing well.

pa5t1s likes this.
  2. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 May 12, 2017

pa5t1s , May 12, 2017 :
    You mean, "successful in 1984?"
    Well, I can't tell you the whole story, Wikipedia or such will be far better than me, but...
    Just consider that, in 1984, there were no PCs in the sense we know them today: MacIntosh was one of the very first 'personal computer' with a friendly UI (that was stolen from Xerox, but anyway)
    Many things we know today about computers, OS and UI come from this era,with Apple's leadership: MacOS (before it became an Unix-variant), SCSI devices, Authoring software (before VB and VBA)...aso...
    Windows came after (the DOS era)...
    Later, because the sells were not that good (Apple was directed by a former Coca-Cola CEO), Apple came with another innovation : iPod, a music player like you didn't imagine before (another Job's idea)
    And then came the iPhone... Was it before or after Android, I can't remember (but Wiki will tell)?
    And that's all. iPad? nothing better or worse than a aPad...
    Main (dis)advantage: the ecosystem built by Apple to keep their customers....

So, yes, they were innovative... they were.

3. Ramdinpuia
    Honeycomb May 12, 2017

Ramdinpuia , May 12, 2017 :
    All true.
    But I have been staying away from all idevices, like it's got leprosy dunno why

4. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 12, 2017

superplus , May 12, 2017 :
    Thread title changed, since you provide no evidence for your "facts". Any issues, please feel free to PM.

5. Radeon962
    KitKat May 12, 2017

Radeon962 , May 12, 2017 :
    Tell OnePlus to make a Quad HD screen as well.

6. Radeon962
    KitKat May 12, 2017

Radeon962 , May 12, 2017 :
    Not that I care who uses what phone but that sums it up for almost everything here in this thread, these forums, the Apple forums, wherever.

People love to defend their choice which is great. In the end, no one really or should give a crap about what you, I or anyone else uses except for Apple, OnePlus, Samsung, etc.

That's why there are choices

Lancelot_69 likes this.
  7. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 12, 2017 :
    iPhone was a true innovation that changed the concept of a smartphone in 2007. after that, Android copied them and the rest is history.

after 2007, we haven't seen much innovation, except for improvements in every aspect - design by Apple & HTC, display by Samsung, etc.

the ecosystem argument is invalid. iPhones account for easily more than 50% of Apple's sales by value. by volume, it is far higher. 200 MN iPhones vs 36 MN iPads vs 16 MN Macs. some facts for you @superplus.

majority iPhone users don't have a MacBook or an iPad or even a subscription iCloud account. so it isn't a question of ecosystem.

you are right that we are yet to see something revolutionary that happened during the Steve Jobs era.

F_Kamil_Cieślik_RzEt likes this.
  8. fawaadshah
    Donut May 12, 2017

fawaadshah , May 12, 2017 :
    wtf is this forum for OnePlus or for discussing how great apple is....

p.s. : apple inc. invented the fruit apple and also the color black and the god particle ..

9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

by your logic, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Asus, etc should be ruling the industry. but that isn't true.

10. Deactivated User
    May 12, 2017

Lancelot_69 likes this.
  11. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

unfortunately that means we won't be able to buy OnePlus at the price it is currently selling!

so the collective responsibility automatically includes us too as customers.

do we have a choice?

yes - FAIRPHONE!

12. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

this forum is for discussing tech and anything interesting. anything non-oneplus can be discussed under Off topic.

13. pa5t1s

pa5t1s , May 12, 2017 :
    Well, you are talking about Apple since 2007... but the world already existed before! [​IMG]
    And it's a little "short" to say "iPhone... true innovation... after that, Android copied them and the rest is history." This is NOT how it happened [​IMG]
    For example, Nokia started the "concept of smartphone" before Apple.

BMver1, ssagheer, Hish98 and 3 others like this.
  14. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

the concept of a smartphone in it's present form is fully credited to Apple via it's iPhone.

and yeah, this is wiki speaking, not me.

15. pa5t1s

pa5t1s , May 12, 2017 :
    Well, maybe.
    "Pay those who work/manufacture/invent/create... the price they deserve.
    Don't pay those who add nothing to the equation but "stealing" money they don't deserve."

toastytoast1234 and DrAakash like this.
  16. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

again, it is a collective responsibility.

stealing? you are being unfair because you can't explain their success.

17. pa5t1s

pa5t1s , May 12, 2017 :
    Really? then the writer must be an Apple Fanboy! [​IMG]
    OK on "the achievement", not OK on "the concept".

18. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

me - not a fanboy. ever.

in all of my discussions and comments, I have never undermined any product.

I have only defended a product, which is unfairly and illogically criticized primarily out of ignorance.

19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 12, 2017

theshinybeast , May 12, 2017 :
    Codswallop!

20. pa5t1s

pa5t1s , May 12, 2017 :
    When a company is successful, it's the whole employees that are successful. So, why some are overpaid compared to others? did they "overwork" with their "overcapacities"- I mean, a lawyer, a Marketing guy, a shareholder...
    That is why there is so little innovations today: money talks first, before brain. JMO.