Apple "Facts"

1. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 12, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 12, 2017 :
    And frequently around these parts the brain doesn't even bother getting involved at all.

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 12, 2017 :
    income inequality - again, Apple is not alone. shouldn't single them out.

pa5t1s likes this.
  3. Sudipkumarc
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 12, 2017

Sudipkumarc , May 12, 2017 :
    Do not talk about copying not when you are defending a company like Apple. Very existence of Apple is because of copying or perhaps stealing from PARC. Apple is not alone and Microsoft Corp is right with them. Apple hired Bob Belville and MSFT hired Charles Simonyi. Now who are they and why they are important? Because the they are ones who worked on Xerox PARC. The only problem was as once PARC scientist Larry Teslar (ironically he also joined Apple) said "Apple understood what we had a lot better than Xerox did".

So now did Google steal from Apple or was google bound to find it's own solution - isn't this works both ways?

You should be thankful to this forum that you are able to defend so called "Technology" & "Products" here. Do this on Apple forum and you will get mad squabbles by fanboys out there!

Either way I wouldn't argue with you! You are talking about Technology while being emotional!! Have facts and let's talk! As I said in my first comment no disrespect to Apple but no love for them either. Enjoy your Friday and have a good weekend!

4. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 May 12, 2017

pa5t1s , May 12, 2017 :
    Yes, totally agree: I wasn't Apple-specific ;)

5. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

facts and numbers are all available in abundance.

true, copying is a bidirectional process.

in the end, despite what we might say, the fact remains that Apple is the most successful, most profitable company in the world - the primary driver being the iPhone!

are we able to explain that?

enjoy your weekend!

6. Emalinho

7. Sudipkumarc

Now you are being truly ridiculous and annoying!! Where in the hell did I refute that
    ??

Did you even read my comments? You are not so much of a fanboy you say but you are behaving like one. I was being clear and precise in my comments but you keep coming back with your ".....in the end" statement? Yes I know what Apple is and where they stand but in my day to day life I have nothing to do with Apple. Apple does not affects my daily life; Microsoft & Google does! I can live without having an Apple product but I sure as hell wouldn't be able to without Microsoft and Google. Defending your choice is a good thing but don't impose it on others.

So far everyone has who has replied to you has been sensible enough to respect your free will to share anything you would like to share on this platform. Give them the respect in return - try learning that. Don't keep coming back with your "....in the end" statement. That is super annoying. Thanks!!!

Last edited: May 12, 2017

ritesh808, Hish98, G_plusone and 2 others like this.
  8. semper80

semper80 , May 12, 2017 :
    Until now, there are Apple ... and the others. It's like talking about the analogy: Mercedes ... and other cars.

9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 12, 2017

Respect as in what - agreeing to brainless bashing of a product they don't understand? I don't give a damn if you find it annoying. You can excuse yourself if you disagree, but don't start preaching here.

10. Sudipkumarc

Not the first time we had an interaction I mean (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/best-sound-module-for-oneplus-3t.533140/) remember! "Start Preaching" O you definitely don't want that. Agreed you know just about everything and probably are the next best thing! My mistake I even got myself into this S***. I will excuse myself and you continue to be arrogant. Thanks!!

ritesh808 likes this.
  11. MrHari_theCarguy
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

MrHari_theCarguy , May 13, 2017 :
    Apple has lost its track after the death of steve jobs.w e havent seen any wow factor from apple products these days.There is no new innovations from the company.i mean honestly what are we paying for their 70k iphone 7 plus.
    no qhd display
    no headphone jack
    no fast charging
    no wireless charging

12. MetalHead777
    Honeycomb May 13, 2017

MetalHead777 , May 13, 2017 :
    Beat it bro! Take your Apple praises elsewhere. Pretty sure nobody wants to see this here. Take it to an apple forum Fanboy

DrAakash likes this.
  13. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

cssrc1974 , May 13, 2017 :
    there is no point boasting about APPles profitability. it's not a company which makes products for the masses. even one plus does not. but the point argument is can Apple make a product like one plus and sell in the same price band. obviously there would be quality issues in one plus. but Apple also has. initially Apple claimed it was hackprrof and virus proof . but look at the same now. and why on earth a company would need a profit margin which is more than 40%.
    clearly it is able to create the hype. but it is losing market share because companies like one plus has shown that Apples halo effect can be beaten.
    we can charge our phones once in six hours easily most of the times. and the software is good if not the best.
    so hail one plus for what it has offered. if one plus is not here you would not be able to write against it.
    so kudos to a company which has the audacity to sell us the 3 and 3t at half the price.
    I don't care the halo of Samsung and Apple.
    I have used almost 3 devices from each company and I would give one plus the best vote.
    Hell Yeah.

MetalHead777 likes this.
  14. redcreamgryphon
    Froyo May 13, 2017

redcreamgryphon , May 13, 2017 :
    they're selfish and their policy goes- people gotta adapt to our design, not we adapt to people's needs.
    Also they contribute ZERO PERCENT to the gross overall technological advances, do not share their drivers and stuff.
    Apple holds back tech from moving forward.

DrAakash likes this.
  15. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 13, 2017 :
    O
    Oh! So you mistook your help as a way to assume a higher ground and my patience and politeness as weakness so you could start giving advises.

I'm fine the way I am and I don't appreciate unasked advises. You do get into S*** when you are mistaken about facts.

16. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

He
    Headphone jack is on its way out and you would see that going forward.

The others you mentioned are work in progress.

Yes, apple products are overpriced.

But what is also true is people are quite mistaken on what they can do with their products. Some features have been deliberately removed on security grounds. The fact that we may not understand the reason doesn't mean that there is no reason.

They employ the best of engineers and techs to work on their system. Are you saying they don't know the market and what they are doing?

17. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

DrAakash , May 13, 2017 :
    Which of those is a security risk? Work in progress.. everyone has had this tech for at least 2-3 years now, and you still believe Apple is innovating.. makes no sense. All these arguments are from your previous thread, cuz now you'll say that Apple is working on its proprietary tech which will be better than the competition, when they can't even catch up to the existing standards. These are FACTS which you will deny now cuz you're a fanboy.
    You've said multiple times that you're trying to defend the iPhone from people who bash in cuz they're ignorant.
    Who exactly was bashing the iPhone before you created this thread? PEOPLE DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT THE IPHONE HERE!!
    This is like starting a fight alone and then looking for people who will join in.. makes no sense. To you it might make sense, cuz you have an open mind.. allegedly.

ritesh808 and toastytoast1234 like this.
  18. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

They make products for "their" market. Yeah, it isn't a mass product and they don't want it to be one either.

Do you know how innovations happen? Requires huge investments in R&D and takes time. A lot of time. A very small % of your R&D work results in a concept/ design/ product that can be actually implemented commercially to make it a success. Apple is a private company and keeps its tech proprietary. Samsung and Google too spend huge amounts of money in R&D and that explains why their products are expensive too. Do any of these small companies have that kind of expenditure? If Apple, Google, Samsung, etc stop investing in R&D, you will stop seeing innovation for a long time unless another company takes their place.

I don't undermine a product like others, most of whom actually don't even know the product that they are criticising. OnePlus has its own business model. They have indeed done a commendable job of putting together high grade components in a device that is very affordable. Do they have the kind of R&D like the big names. No. Even the Dash Charge apparently is a concept borrowed from elsewhere. But they have implemented it very nicely.

Innovation comes at a cost. And if a company can't recover its costs and make good profits from the products it makes, innovation obviously won't happen. And there won't be anything to copy either.

19. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

20. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017