Apple "Facts"

1. SimonRam
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

SimonRam , May 13, 2017 :
    I think you'll find war begins when people rebel against shit like you're spouting.
    You have an opinion, great.
    Is there a need for an apple drum beating excercise on a OnePlus forum? No.
    Strip off, take a naked selfie with an apple in your mouth and post it on an apple forum for everyone to beat off to.
    Job done. Maybe you'll be given a free phone, or possibly sectioned for being mentally unstable.
    ;)

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 13, 2017 :
    I gave facts. People chose to rebel. Their problem. Facts will, however, remain.

3. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

DrAakash , May 13, 2017 :
    Who asked for your facts? And arguing against those 'facts' is being rebellious? What are you..a king of the Apple Kingdom? You love Apple, that's great, maybe go to bed with it too, but I'm sure as hell nobody here gives a shit. You start the thing every week, hoping for someone to reply so that you can 'enlighten' them. Stop being a Messiah man, nobody needs your facts, and like I've said earlier, and you've ignored cuz it was logical and you don't have an answer to logical things, if someone wanted to, they'd have bought an iPhone already.
    So quit preaching, and if you do, don't complain when people roast your @$$.

4. sharmabharath199
    Honeycomb May 13, 2017

sharmabharath199 , May 13, 2017 :
    wat else should i tell to OnePlus MAKE THEIR PHONES COSTLY LIKE 80000????

see the pricing dude!!!!!

5. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 13, 2017

camohan , May 13, 2017 :
    Ok @Sudipkumarc pls ignore and move on to other thread.
    @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan pls use report button for violation of code of conduct.
    Replying each other will not help.
    Someone has to stop. If the argument still continues this thread is closed.
    Feel free to argue over pm if you are tempted.
    To everyone else pls stay on topic. If you don't like the thread move on.

nobelium76, pa5t1s, ssagheer and 3 others like this.
  6. Heisenberg_009
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

Heisenberg_009 , May 13, 2017 :
    Hypocrisy at its best. The first and second posts contradict in terms of innovation and leading the industry. Also where is the "leading" part when it comes to worker's conditions? the monthly wage of a factory worker is 750$ if he/she works overtime for a minimum of 20 hrs per week. Technically, these factory workers are also partners with Apple in making the products. But are they prospering? Again how are they the most valuable company on earth?
    The uniqueness of an iPhone is due to their marketing ability and no significant changes in design rather than actual uniqueness.

DrAakash likes this.
  7. Heisenberg_009

What about windows mobile and "crackberry" (Another term for Blackberry :p) in the early 2000s? And how can you even forget Palm brand? Their phone Treo 600 is credited to be one of the first smartphones (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm,_Inc.). Agree Apple led the smartphone industry to the form they are today but the smartphone invention should never be credited to Apple solely. IMHO Palm, Microsoft and Blackberry envisioned that handheld devices could be as powerful as PCs and even led the miniaturization. What was Apple doing then? Making the iPod while these companies led the innovation and when Apple deemed the innovation done by these companies to be sufficiently worth copying and reproducing, it stepped in and launched a phone. Granted it was successful, but the main point is, the credit should never be given to Apple alone.

ritesh808, MetalHead777 and DrAakash like this.
  8. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

don't single out Apple for workers' working condition. it is true for every company working in that country, including OnePlus.

blame the country and its government for not enforcing strict working standards instead of singling out one company just because they are the most profitable.

9. Heisenberg_009

I'm not singling out. Please read my post again. You yourself mentioned that Apple innovates and apple leads. That's the first point of your Apple "Facts". I'm just asking, where is the leadership in this aspect? May be apple leading will improve their conditions?
    Just because others are doing, doesn't make it right. And since apple "cares", why doesn't it lead in making worker's conditions better?

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

ideas and products being copied are not a one way thing. copying happens both ways. the iPhone was primarily responsible for how the smartphone industry evolved. it is a known fact.

Apple came up with a product that lead the way forward for the smartphone industry. don't disagree with your last line which says that credit must be given to others too. but Apple built the first product of its kind by incorporating these ideas in a very successful manner. and others followed. you can't change history.

11. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

agree that Apple must take the lead here too in enforcing better working conditions. but the problem is that people expect them to do it all without remembering that it is a collective responsibility.

if you take responsibility on your shoulders, you will have only one phone in the market to buy - FAIRPHONE. why didn't you buy that instead of OnePlus?

12. Heisenberg_009

Others didn't follow Apple. Apple became successful by the marketing the "Just works" mantra. The true innovation happened on the Android side of things. Wireless Charging, Android First. Quad HD displays, front facing speakers, Manual settings in Cameras, USB type C support, Charging one handset with another via USB C, Iris Scanner etc all happened on the Android side of the world. Apple does invest in R&D, but is it substantial given the size of the company? Samsung is bigger than Apple not in terms of wealth but in terms of the number of products it can manufacture. Samsung is less profitable because its handsets are a bit cheaper than Apple but more importantly, the R&D involved is higher. Making a Samsung phone is costlier than an iPhone.

Last edited: May 13, 2017

toastytoast1234 and DrAakash like this.
  13. adpro
    KitKat May 13, 2017

14. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

The fairphone which you keep mentioning, while being largely modular and socially responsible, packs a full hd screen, expendable memory (32 gb standard), and dual SIM slots. It manages all this, and still manages to undercut the base iPhone's price by over ₹10,000. iPhone features none of those 'innovations'.
    I'd be laughing at you if you say none of those features are really needed by anyone, since just a while ago the storage on the base version was a pathetic 16gb. More n more people are using two sim cards anyway.
    I hope you have a very logical and reasonable explanation for apple's premium pricing now.

15. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

'But those technologies are redundant, and an iPhone doesn't need them. Also Apple is working on its proprietary tech which takes time and which will be better than everyone else's. In the future you will have a lot of explanation to do'.

I can assure you he'll tell you these things now..

16. adpro
    KitKat May 13, 2017

adpro , May 13, 2017 :
    No offense to anyone... but I think Xiaomi is doing more innovation than Apple these days.

17. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

Agreed. The mi mix is a stunning device. And pretty much everything they make is terrific vfm. If only they could use stock Android..

18. AllsparkRjV
    Donut May 13, 2017

AllsparkRjV , May 13, 2017 :
    I Agree with your statement about Apple.
    I really love and appreciate the new Iphone 7.
    Apple, because of the iOS itself stays in an Independent dimension.

But i Love my device which is the Oneplus 3 more and i would say no to an IPhone, on these terms.

1st Because its way costly for what it actually is.
    2nd I bought my OP3 with my own money and i earned it.
    3rd It hasn't let me down in any occasion i came across.
    4th I love supporting a company thats driven by the community.
    5th I really love what is Revolutionary and yet Humble.

These statements doesn't mean Apple is bad, they just mean why i Love Oneplus more than Apple.

19. Heisenberg_009

Now that I came to know about its existence, I will certainly buy it if it was available here. It does have decent specs and looks promising but the problem is its availability and longer wait time. OnePlus was the best option when I decided I needed a better phone, so I bought it.

20. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

don't look at R&D from a profit angle. look at it from your product line point of view. Samsung is a giant conglomerate operating in various industries, smartphone being just one among them. compared to that, Apple has a very limited product line. so r&d as a % of the product line is far higher. besides, Apple buys it's displays from Samsung.

people don't buy a product, or continue to support a product based on a marketing tagline. they continue to support it if it "just works".