Apple "Facts"

1. adpro
    KitKat May 13, 2017

adpro , May 13, 2017 :
    Want to make one more harsh statement. Apologies if it hurts anyone.

Innovation at apple died with Steve Jobs.

Now all they have is gimmicks and marketing. Basking in the goodwill and reputation created by Jobs. Bubble will burst someday.

2. Heisenberg_009
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

Heisenberg_009 , May 13, 2017 :
    Okay as you said, let us take R&D of a smartphone. Samsung is a company that makes displays, processors, cameras, storage solutions, security software (KNOX) etc. These are the things just off the top of my head. Apple does innovate but look at the line on Samsung's side. All of their innovations not only benefit them but actually have a benefit to the whole industry. Seeing this, how can you argue that Apple's R&D % is higher on smartphones than Samsung?

3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 13, 2017 :
    now you want to dictate pricing strategies to a company that has successfully proved how profitable it's pricing is over a decade?

I am not saying innovation is only Apple's forte. innovation is happening everywhere. but you keep saying Apple doesn't innovate, yet you can't explain why it is so successful.

with regards to working conditions, it is the same with every company. if you really feel something about it, take responsibility and do your bit by not buying any product that these companies make, including OnePlus.

that would mean you are left with only one choice - FAIRPHONE.

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

I will come back to you when premium Android flagships do away with the headphone jack to make way for other features. start preparing your answers from now as your existing argument on royalties won't stand then.

5. Heisenberg_009

I'm sure even if they do away with the headphone jack, they will come up with a more useful feature other than a more powerful vibration motor. xD

DrAakash likes this.
  6. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

you explained it yourself. there are so many products that Samsung makes which benefit from it's R&D expenditure. but if you leave out the money spent for it's other lines like TV, cameras, storage, construction, etc. you "may" find that the allocation to smartphones is lower.

but even if it is higher, we aren't arguing who is spending more. we only need to be mindful of the fact that r&d precedes innovation and these small companies who are basically an "assembling" unit are totally reliant on the big names for innovation in future. not that I am blaming them. I'm happy that they are making products affordable for the masses.

7. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

DrAakash , May 13, 2017 :
    Can't you read or what?? I asked you what makes an iPhone so expensive, so tell me that. I know about fairphone, stop writing it in caps like you're innovating a new term or something. I've already showed you how your favourite phone is beaten by a phone while being socially responsible and packing in more features to boot.
    I didn't even argue that Apple isn't successful, you're just blabbering that line like it makes any sense!!

SimonRam likes this.
  8. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

haha. but I can assure you get a super premium feel when it is in your hands. ask those who use it. not those who only form opinions from online android forums.

9. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

Stop recycling your comments from previous threads really. If not Apple at least you should innovate as a loyal fan. And unless you're using a time machine, don't quote the future developments.
    I didn't even ask you about royalties here, you really can't pay attention to anything but Apple. This is disgusting.

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  10. ssagheer

ssagheer , May 13, 2017 :
    Here is my personal opinion about Apple and OnePlus devices.

I own an iPad and we've had an iPhone in the family. I have been on Android smartphones for nearly 5 years.

OnePlus 3 is the best device I have ever purchased.

Apple doesn't come close to making me as happy as I am with this smartphone.

DrAakash and adpro like this.
  11. Heisenberg_009

That's the whole ideology behind apple marketing. It FEELS good to use it. Premium feel is associated with Apple. And that's how they became successful. As @whodatboi pointed out, Apple is a more of a fashion icon than a technological innovator now. Granted it did innovate back in the 1990s but not anymore.

whodatboi, DrAakash and ssagheer like this.
  12. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

you will have to explain how FAIRPHONE beats iPhone. this comment is as disgusting as anything can be.

people are happy to pay a premium for a product that "just works" and get support if something is out of place.

features and specs are all you count, performance and application is probably something you haven't experienced so you don't understand.

you need to experience it first.

Apple has priced it's products rightly for "it's" market, and it is okay for them if anyone not in their target market doesn't agree with it.

13. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

nailed it yourself. it "feels" good because it "performs" great.

14. adpro
    KitKat May 13, 2017

adpro , May 13, 2017 :
    .....And the worst part about Apple is... It doesn't even have a forum/community for its fanboys...They have to go to other forums to talk about Apple:p

15. Heisenberg_009

Yes it performs great. But that is no justification to the premium we are paying to buy it. In terms of real value, any Apple product is crap. I'd rather buy a high specced android and customize it to my liking. And feeling good and performing great doesn't imply great innovation.

ssagheer, adpro and DrAakash like this.
  16. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

I've experienced pretty much every iPhone since the 5, so you're not the only one with the 'experience'. And it's nothing special, and for the prices, is downright pedestrian.
    The fairphone beats the iPhone on terms of features, value and social responsibility, while being cheaper. Since you brought up social responsibility in your 'facts'.

ssagheer and Heisenberg_009 like this.
  17. Heisenberg_009

Nailed it.

toastytoast1234, ssagheer and adpro like this.
  18. Angus513
    Froyo May 13, 2017

19. ssagheer

ssagheer , May 13, 2017 :
    I don't think it performs great anymore. My app-loaded OnePlus offers better performance than my full formatted iPad

20. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

well you need more experience to judge.

agree it is pricey, but target market is prepared to pay that price - only thing that really counts.