Apple iPhone User Ready To Switch!

1. mukee2
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

mukee2 , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Hello OPO community!

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this OPO phone and need your advice,

Is it difficult to get the invite? I've been on the forum a few weeks but no luck to date
    :-(. Unfortunately I sold my 5S so it's phoneless time.

Can someone coming from iOS adapt ok. Any of you coming from iPhone ?

Is the OS stable now and improved since release

Ideally I'm hoping to buy the first phone immediately and s second for my girlfriend, also iPhone user.

Thanks !

ronoldo, manas.mr and Louluvre like this.
  2. suprem.sanaye
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

3. Louluvre
    Jelly Bean Nov 8, 2014

Louluvre , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Have you ever found a 40 year old sexy woman who likes videogames? The invites are like this: not impossible to get but really hard to come by.

4. Necronaut
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2014

Necronaut , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Improvements-yes from the initial launch. However, still a WIP.
    Coming from an iphone 5d, don't expect seamless, but expect a full featured device.

5. manas.mr
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

manas.mr , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Ohh!!!!! my my......what a surprise......thank u opo.....being a pround owner....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. wayne_sony
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

wayne_sony , Nov 8, 2014 :
    for me, its stable and pretty smooth so far. I've used iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 in the past. switching to android was no problem.

7. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2014

8. Bare95
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

Bare95 , Nov 8, 2014 :
    It's like open world you'll like it.

9. sukhwant
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

10. sukhwant
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

11. Fquiros91
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

12. SunHillCopper

13. bnonymous
    Jelly Bean Nov 8, 2014

14. SunHillCopper

SunHillCopper , Nov 8, 2014 :
    everytime I take a selfie !!
    Ok I lied about my age ...

Louluvre likes this.
  15. Strosek
    Eclair Nov 8, 2014

Strosek , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Once you have experience the power and freedom you'll never go back that's for sure.

16. raaomoka
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

raaomoka , Nov 8, 2014 :
    I just got mine yesterday :) I came from 5 years of jailbroken iPhone, and thus far, I'm overall liking what I see. As you can already tell by now, I'm the kind of guy that likes taking full advantage of my device, and I'm slowly learning about every feature of the device. A few minor gripes thus far:

- The screen-off gestures don't seem fully polished. Like the V gesture to toggle the flash light, and the tap-tap to wake gesture seems to be buggy. When I perform the V gesture, it was working at first, but then it seemed to have gotten slow; when I draw it, it doesn't turn on until I press the power button (which kinda defeats it's purpose). The tap-tap gesture seems to have totally stopped working...I did enable privacy-guard on certain built-in apps (especially the evil Google spyware ones), so, there's the possibility that this is a consequence of that move, as it always warned me that enabling privacy guard for built-in apps could 'cause the system to misbehave...I'll figure it out sooner or later. The overall phone never got slow, it's just that particular feature. I could still turn on my screen, smoothly pull-down the notification area and toggle the flash light without any problem. I ended up disabling the v gesture, still have yet to find out how to re-enable the tap-tap to wake gesture.

- Manipulating every aspect of the device isn't fully intuitive out of the box, so, you gotta have the patience to check every corner when looking for certain settings :p For example, when fiddling with the default home-screen clock widget, I was looking for a way to change the weather info due to it being invalid. So, I tapped around the widget, didn't see any option to change the weather. I then added a copy of the widget to my home screen, and the options to customize it appeared, I successfully customized it and then hit done. Tapped around it again looking for a way to edit that weather detail and looked for a weather app, no luck. Then I began thinking, "oh, this particular widget is a set-it-1-time-stuck-with-setting-forever widget...not very friendly". Then while browsing through the other parts of the phone, I came across the lock-screen setting, and behold, the option to customize that "home-screen" widget's settings (as well as all the settings of other home-screen widgets) was hidden in the "lock-screen" section o_O

- Very, very minor; in the music app (Play Music), you can only delete songs 1-by-1 on the device, can't delete an entire album or an entire artist. However, you can much easily manage most of that via your computer; just plug it into your Windows PC via the USB and you can edit the music library right there in file explorer...no need for iTunes bloatware.
    Either ways I'm a patient guy, and I have the very active community here to answer whichever questions I may come across as I'm adjusting to the post-iPhone era ;) Also, to be fair, I have to also share the benefits I'm really enjoying thus far:

- Wall hugging seems to truly be history now :D Through out today, I was browsing with this beast, tethering it's data to my Surface Pro, taking pictures/screenshots, sharing picture files between it and my Surface Pro via Bluetooth (something dumb phones have been doing that the stock iPhone still can't do today), making and receiving phone calls, installing apps via cellular data, exploring the beast's settings, etc. After all of that, I'm still left with over 50% battery juice right now. By now I'd be looking for a USB outlet for my iPhone :p But don't take my word for it, see the battery stats for yourself:
    Screenshot_2014-11-07-23-10-42.png Screenshot_2014-11-07-23-10-47.png

- When doing multi-tab web browsing, I NEVER had to worry about my tabs refreshing (due to lack of RAM) when I switch away from them to another tab. I could be posting a big reply in one tab, go to another tab to grab details related to my post from the internet, and return to the posting tab without any worries of losing my post. This is something I never could do through out my iPhone years (even with stock iOS) and the latest iPhone still can't do it, 'cause Apple is still greedily milking iSheeps of all their cash with 1GB of RAM...saving that as a "revolutionary" feature for the iPhone 6s :mad:

- The fact that I can root the phone and unlock it's boot loader right out of the box AND not worry about my warranty being voided is a neat benefit for me. Although I could easily just restore my jailbroken iPhone via iTunes b4 taking my iPhone for repair, this just adds a little peace of mind :) Plus, I can restore/update to ANY firmware at ANY time, without the worries of not liking new updates and being stuck with them, 'cause of some herd master dictating what I can/can't install on a device I paid for with my hard earned cash. On top of that, unlocking the boot loader is something jailbreaking never offered.
    That's all I have for now. There's still a lot more to discover :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  17. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Nov 8, 2014

18. bhargav_me
    Froyo Nov 8, 2014

bhargav_me , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Seriously I have got the same story ... I am using an iPhone since past 4 years and want to shift to OPO, but this invites are really tough to get ...

19. ronoldo
    KitKat Nov 8, 2014

ronoldo , Nov 8, 2014 :
    I will be converting from the iPhone 5S. OPO should be here next week.... iOS8 is a disaster.. .i can't wait to move to Android OPO....

20. ronoldo
    KitKat Nov 8, 2014

ronoldo , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Just look up some of the reviews on YouTube or Google it.... it's a great phone according to every reviewer that has used it...