Apple will fight child abuse by scanning photos uploaded to iCloud. Your thoughts?

1. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Aug 9, 2021

Cheetosdust , Aug 9, 2021 :
    Many thanks, I believe it complements well what was written before. ;)

otto2, Bobbie63 and Swejuggalo like this.
  2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 9, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 9, 2021 :
    Like @Swejuggalo said, where does it end? How "good" the intentions might be, is it up to a private party to be on the seat of an "investigator" and what is the next step?

Taking the seat of the prosecutor?
    Sitting down in the Judge's seat?

Why just child abuse, not terrorism (would really be walking the edge as what some counties call a terrorist, is called a journalist in other countries), Tax evaders (Apple?? Nèh, guess not). Hey but maybe jaywalking might be an idea?

3. THEOGE17
    Froyo Aug 9, 2021

THEOGE17 , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 9, 2021 :
    They shouldn't be allowed to do this. No company must be allowed to do this.
    Apple already has a history were Siri was used for secretly listening to what users were doing.
    All that they can do is educate their customers to keep phones out of reach of underaged and hope for the best.

otto2 likes this.
  4. F1628509891810 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 9, 2021 :
    Total loss of privacy and it will result in a lot of errors . And at that point innocent people will be given bad stigmas. Ai will bias social score innocent people who will have hard time fixing it.

otto2 likes this.
  5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Aug 10, 2021

theshinybeast , Aug 10, 2021 :
    No, I'm obviously not against it and yes I am willing to give up what little privacy I have to fight against these complete and utter c***s.
    But I don't trust Apple either.
    So if they really do catch and seek out these totally repugnant excuses for human beings, I'm happy to go along with that, even if my, by now non existent, privacy is forfeited.
    Catch the nonces.:mad:

6. AbhimanyuThakur
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2021

otto2 likes this.
  7. J1627013414095 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Aug 10, 2021 :
    the problem is ya give an inch they brand it inch™ and take a mile setting exorbitant parameters of distance YOU agreed to. i have NO faith in their ability to limit it to doing only the good deed it was designed for bypassing privacy barriers to get filth off the streets but all the ways it could be missused planted evidence covertly to incriminate the innocent for maybe even political reasons offering the service to 3rd parties which makes it even MORE Dangerous. trust me i want rapists & child molesters to be removed from thier "feeding grounds" too! but providing an easily misused system like this not to mention privacy violations is just wrong move for America and beyond and also the chances they would make it easier for any other manufacturers to implement is just DEVASTATING.

V1599485385820 likes this.

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 10, 2021

dsmonteiro , Aug 10, 2021 :
    What aspect of communism philosophy does this relate to?

drmartin likes this.
  11. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 3, 2021

12. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 3, 2021