Apple

1. sanki_man
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 10, 2015

2. StaminaOP
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

StaminaOP , Sep 10, 2015 :
    The Surface Pro line is actually one of Microsoft's best selling products right now, but it caters to productivity and students which makes sense with the pen and the ability to take notes. I have owned one and it was amazing. You really have to use it to understand how great it actually is. Since I returned it since I want the sp4 i've been sitting in classes just thinking, man this would be a lot easier if I still had the sp3

sfomin likes this.
  3. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 10, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Sep 10, 2015 :
    It is one of their best selling products but since microsoft has not done much lately in the overall scheme of things, it's not saying much.

4. StaminaOP
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

They did just make Apple come out with a copy cat of their Surface XD

sfomin likes this.
  5. sfomin
    Nougat Sep 10, 2015

6. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 10, 2015

If Apple did copy microsoft they did it because there was a request from their professional customers to come out with something like the surface or a request from one of their partners like IBM.

No one cares about microsoft anymore. The surface is overpriced (at least to me) and windows 10 will not bring back the time when microsoft dominated.

Even for education, microsoft is being passed over for the dumb chrome os and chromebooks.

The only reason the general public even considers a windows computer is because of the affordability that windows oem's provide compared to an apple computer. When you don't consider the financial ramifications involved, Apple will always be a better option when it comes to mac/windows.

I will say that if the ipad pro only comes with 1GB of ram, then that is pathetic.

7. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Sep 10, 2015

sfomin likes this.
  8. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

ouyamaster , Sep 10, 2015 :
    Nothing apple ever made was original.
    They are in the business of polishing up other companies ideas and taking credit for it.
    Then abusing the patent system by buying the patents. Sometimes suing the inventor for ideas that apple stole. They tried to take credit for ms windows but apple copied xerox. They tried to play God and sue Samsung for making a rectangular tablet. How can shapes and rounded edges be patented. Something definitely isn't right with that.

9. gringoboy
    Lollipop Sep 10, 2015

gringoboy , Sep 10, 2015 :
    One could legitimately argue the Surface is a Microsoft copy of the iPad.

10. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

Wrong

http://www.businessinsider.com/here...w-badly-microsoft-blew-it-with-tablets-2013-5

Worked as an it guy in a hospital years ago way before iPad. They had Toshiba tablet PCs running windows xp.

All it companies copy each other.

However Microsoft's engineers did create the tablet.

Apple never created anything.

If Microsoft copied the iPad it was after apple copied the entire tablet idea to begin with.

Nor did apple create the first smartphone IBM simon. Or the first touch screen smartphone the LG Prada. More like apple stole their design and created the iPhone. Steve jobs was dillusional calling android a stolen product. Since everything apple ever created was a stolen idea.

Poetrycyborg likes this.
  11. Poetrycyborg
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2015

Poetrycyborg , Sep 10, 2015 :
    Can't argue with unbiased truth. I'm an Android fan but respect Apple (despite their prices). They make a solid product and they've always been late to the game with features buuut... they make it work. That's their biggest advantage of their hardware + ecosystem. Personally I would like to have both Android and IOS devices but IMO that's impractical.

12. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

The only good thing I can say about
    Apple is that for the non tech savvy its devices integrate well. Its much easier to maintain one device at a time when one provider makes both hardware and software.
    However I don't respect them taking advantage of and overcharging those who don't know any better. If you are tech savvy at all even a slight bit. The limitations of apple products is clear as day. Also if you are willing to learn new things android is not hard to learn to use. Apple can't win this battle forever with the growing number of Android OEMS. Android has something for everyone and Samsung has done a good job of dummy proofing its devices. Apple is just one option in a sea full of options.

13. StaminaOP
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

at least you get a real computer with the Surface unlike the iPad Pro which is a TABLET for the price of a computer.

14. StaminaOP
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

well you could call every tablet that but technically Microsoft created the first tablet pc a decade ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So you tell me who copied who? Another Apple misconception.

You should really watch this video.

15. Beng67
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2015

Beng67 , Sep 10, 2015 :
    Agreed re: the specs. Apple tend to say specs don't matter when they are poor then shout about them when they are improved. Glad your Macbook Air has been OK. Mine is a mid 2011 version and I still use it , especially as I added additional storage via a transcend jetdrive - it is slow but recommended ! Guessing yours is newer and wi-fi was fixed by then.

16. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 10, 2015

mine is the mid 2013, the ones with intel haswell. had amazing battery life with mountain lion. mavericks was not impressive. i like yosemite but battery life is never going to be the same as with mountain lion.

17. Beng67
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2015

Beng67 , Sep 10, 2015 :
    I had many Android phones over the years and got sick of the custom overlays and slow or non- existent android upgrades, and vowed to only buy clean Nexus Android devices from that point on. You are right though , even Nexus devices have not been without problems too.

My Nexus 4 did not have LTE (as you say) and more infuriating it did not support USB OTG - all the original documentation and packaging said it did. They found out it didn't work after the first batches were released.
    My Nexus 7 2012 (with SIM) appears to be out of favor and is very slow to get android updates, and struggles these days. It didn't have MHL out or HDMI out (although I've just got that to work over wi-fi with a chromecast)
    My son's Nexus 5 suffers from poor battery as you pointed out.

So, I'm thinking an ONO or and OPT with minimal custom android overlay might be OK , especially with the two SIM slots and SD card.
    Has OnePlus made any commitment to providing android updates to its devices ?

18. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 10, 2015

i'm sure they will but the way oneplus reacts to customer concerns isn't exactly reassuring. there are some people in this forum concerned about band 12 support with tmobile. tmobile has asked motorola to disable band 12 in their unlocked moto e and moto g. people have been asking oneplus to confirm if the oneplus 2 will support VoLTE on band 12 or wi-fi calling but so far oneplus hasn't said anything.

oneplus should make it their business to answer their customer concerns but oneplus has shown they don't give a f#$k about their customers. too much hype and blubber when it comes to their devices.

Beng67 likes this.
  19. moularyves
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2015

moularyves , Sep 10, 2015 :
    I don't like the two I got an invite and did not buy it. I am still very happy with my one.

20. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 10, 2015

I would rather buy a good copied product than a bad original idea