[Application Closed] Join our online OEF: OnePlus 8 Series' Camera

1. 2bykarthi
    Cupcake May 16, 2020

2bykarthi , via OnePlus 7 , May 16, 2020 :
    Please improve stock camera app like Pixel GCam. Colors are more saturated in Stock camera. pictures are not that great. Need to improve camera app.

bharatjain66 likes this.
  2. juangigl
    Froyo May 16, 2020

juangigl , May 16, 2020 :
    hopefully, the issues and updates on camera of previous oneplus series will also be discussed...atleast they will have the implementation of the software and other camera features of oneplus 8 series to their older models...got the feeling of being forgotten (users of older models)

bharatjain66 likes this.
  3. JayeshBathe
    Eclair May 16, 2020

bharatjain66 likes this.
  4. bharatjain66
    Cupcake May 16, 2020

5. safiq2495
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

6. shrutikantpujari
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

7. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread May 17, 2020

DeeJaaWoo , May 17, 2020 :
    It was my error ... i changed point 2 ... Hope someone implement these ...

8. T1581184669719
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

9. RitikChopra
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

Attached Files:

10. D1582093787334
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

11. jfplopes
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

jfplopes , May 18, 2020 :
    Definitively the most important topic to discuss given the camera quality fight going on in the market.
    I think the main request is overall improvement of the camera results when compared to devices like Pixel 4,iPhone 11 and others.

Specs wise devices like the OnePlus are more then capable of delivering even better quality than say a Pixel 4 if only they could get access to the machine learning algorithms Google uses.

With that said, these are my main requests for OnePlus 8 camera improvements:

- Prioritize quality over quantity of options. Most people would rather have 1080p/30 fps looking better then any other device, than having the option to record in 4K/120fps or 8K/30. Sure many people buy based on specs. Until they compare with a device like the iPhone or Pixel with worst specs on paper and in some cases cheaper, but with better visual results. Then they jump ship and never come back. That´s a consumer you lost. So, It would help to focus tuning and testing of the main photo and video profiles instead of adding camera options that provide really bad results. As an example that can´t be changed now of course. It´s better to have a telephoto lens that improves the overall quality of the main camera, then add a macro lens that gives poor results in most scenarios.

- Crowdsource photo quality results. When I take a photo give me an option to take several shots and chose between a number of different results. And let me also share those results with you. That way you can learn from the pictures your user base takes. See what works and what doesn't. That could potentially also help you develop your own machine learning implementation.

- Better quality of recorded video. Lag/stutter free video with less visual artifacts. Many of the footage taken with OnePlus 8 and uploaded to Youtube shows some lag or artifacts.
    Some examples:

- iPhone 11 example.

- Another suggestion. We know that at certain zoom level the image quality really gets degraded to a point that doesn't look good at all. Give an option to disable zoom past a certain level where image starts to really degrade. This helps us capture decent video and photos without having to worry about the results while shooting.

I think smartphone makers like OnePlus are aware of this. But as a consumer I´ll have to raise it here.
    The Pixel phones are stealing sales in all price tiers despite lower specs. I was very close from waiting for the Pixel 4a and buying a well balanced device with great photo quality then going for the OnePlus 8. My point is, a device like the OnePlus 8 at it's price point has other advantages over lower priced phones, but despite that it really needs to clearly win the camera race in the most important modes for their consumers.
    If there is an area where I would focus my resources is in the camera side.

Hope my feedback is useful

Last edited: May 18, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer likes this.
  12. KRISHAMEENA
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

13. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread May 19, 2020

SeaRefractor , May 19, 2020 :
    Focus peaking makes perfect sense on stand alone cameras, but could also be very useful on the OnePlus phones. With either OnePlus branded or third party lenses and a "manual focus" mode, the camera functionality would yield a new creative potential. I use it all the time when I'm using manual focus mode with prime lenses (some that are not motorized). Would be a cool feature that not many others support.

sandeep.ebenson likes this.
  14. Areyouanand
    Eclair May 26, 2020

15. mahinani
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

mahinani , May 29, 2020 :
    can anyone please tell me ..when one plus 8pro gonna release and why today it was not released..