[Application closed] Join our Open Ears Forum: Camera | Hamburg, Germany

1. Jimmy Z. OxygenOS PM Staff Member Feb 7, 2018

Jimmy Z., Feb 7, 2018 :
    Camera-Open-Ears-Forum.jpg

Dear Friends,

There's a reason why we print on every box “Created together with our fans." We see you as an integral part of the OnePlus Journey. We know growing is not without issues - when you are out there, sometimes you don't bring it home. The upside of this is our vocal community, who steers us back to the right path.

Last year, you made it loud and clear that our camera wasn't delivering all it could. Pictures for many of you are one of the main reasons to upgrade from an older device. Photos are how we reconnect with old memories or show the world how we see it.

Our team will continue to improve our software, but that alone will not solve everything. That's why we want to hear from you about what's important and where we need to improve first.

[ How to join us? ]

On March 3, we will hold the Open Ears Forum: Camera in Hamburg, Germany. Applications are open to all European residents. The selected applicants will have their travel and accommodation costs sponsored by OnePlus. Fill the form here to join: https://goo.gl/forms/bQut4U8AwXZNQ8ZQ2

We will invite 20 users to join us. Entries are open until February 19 at 10 PM (GMT). We'll announce the participants on February 21 at 10 AM (GMT). For our fans across the globe, don’t worry, once we wrap-up this event, we will release a survey to listen to your ideas as well. We look forward to seeing you there!

Notice: This will be an English speaking forum, so we ask that you only apply if you speak fluent English, as we want you to be able to fully participate in the event.

Never Settle

Update:

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who applied this application! The form has been closed, We'll contact the winners via email very soon.

2. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Feb 7, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y., Feb 7, 2018 :
    Want to add some bullet points since @Jimmy Z. is offline right now.
    • What's so called Open Ears Forum?
    • Why we plan to make a Camera-focused event?
      • To systematically improve our Camera performance in a long term by partnering with our users (online + offline).
    • Are we going to have more Open Ears Forums?
      • Yes, we'll have more events based on different topics this year. Stay tuned. ;)

3. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2018

4. jimeetjim Eclair Feb 7, 2018

5. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Feb 7, 2018

Cheetosdust, Feb 7, 2018 :
    Hey @Jimmy Z.

great, great initiative. Kudos.

Really hope the 20 that are chosen have really something to say and that the rest of us get the gist of the event here on the forums.

6. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 7, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Feb 7, 2018 :
    I see you are listening to your OnePlus fans!! :) That's the first step to success ;) Second step is to improve it. I have lots and lots of questions and also feedback :)

7. 97pratyush Honeycomb Feb 7, 2018

8. sfomin Marshmallow Feb 7, 2018

sfomin, Feb 7, 2018 :
    not if you are ignorant about it, like oneplus is...

F1509621679486, Sun90, stadi and 17 others like this.
  9. G_Thenuja_Marasinghe_pLl Froyo Feb 7, 2018

G_Thenuja_Marasinghe_pLl, Feb 7, 2018 :
    plz upgrade the camera performance in op3t
    it's a great device but the camera is meh
    I'm used to use 2 phones and now I'm using the 3t and the 5
    so please update the old ones camera

10. v0 HaVoK 0v Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2018

drszali, finneus, Zluk and 8 others like this.
  11. Mukund760 Honeycomb Feb 7, 2018

Mukund760, Feb 7, 2018 :
    Doing it just before launching OP6 huh. you can't fool us again OnePlus. Just improve Op5/5T camera performance. Hosting these useless Events won't solve the problems. You can't gain our trust by doing these events.[e]1f620[/e]

12. UnrulyTbag Guest Feb 7, 2018

UnrulyTbag, Feb 7, 2018 :
    But if everyone made it loud and clear a year ago the camera was below par, why is it only now after the 5T you make comment of it? Is this another excuse for a massive price hike only to reveal another below par camera?

13. F1509621679486 Gingerbread Feb 7, 2018

14. GopalB. Marshmallow Feb 7, 2018

GopalB., Feb 7, 2018 :
    Great initiative oneplus...
    Let's hope only those will get the chance who actually know something about photography and also the issues with the camera...

15. Pradeep@1+ Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2018

Pradeep@1+, Feb 7, 2018 :
    Jimmy this once again seems to be a great effort from the OP team side to take up our voice to improve the overall quality of the devices from the camera point of view and all the users not only of just new flagships are looking forward to it. Good luck. [e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

16. G_jonny_cool_nxOr Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2018

G_jonny_cool_nxOr, Feb 7, 2018 :
    thank you so much for hearing our complaints related to camera and organising an event just to hear our Feedback .. Yes oneplus needs to improve its camera software coz oneplus 5 has all the latest hardware for portrait as well as for normal pics to be clicked .. I'm really happy to see oneplus had really took this camera issue seriously and will work to make it perform much better

drszali, N1518800933130, Zluk and 5 others like this.
  17. venkyred20052 Froyo Feb 7, 2018

venkyred20052, Feb 7, 2018 :
    I agree please fix camera beautigication issue.
    when we disable / turn off beauty mode, why it is still beautifying pictures.

18. Shivang Joshi KitKat Feb 7, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Feb 7, 2018 :
    I would be participating in the Survey as I am not European Resident.

It's great to see your team taking this into consideration.

19. muharrem1961 Froyo Feb 7, 2018

20. gamerxsoft Gingerbread Feb 7, 2018

gamerxsoft, Feb 7, 2018 :
    To all European elite members, please raise the following concerns:
    1. Despite having such great hardware, why 5T is inferior in maintaining picture sharpness.
    2. Why precision is absent i.e why it produces different quality with every click.
    3. How google cam mod and others can give camera mod that clicks better pic than their own software.
    4. Last one : Are they doing this for OP6 or they have some plans to use this feedback for 5 or 5T.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018

21. MhmmtAtes Froyo Feb 7, 2018