2. 1989
    Donut Oct 29, 2017

1989 , Oct 29, 2017 :
    my op3t screen lock not working.
    not getting locked if I press power botton

3. Nakshasgowda
    Donut Oct 30, 2017

Nakshasgowda , Oct 30, 2017 :
    yes exactly. we want two separate pattern for device unlocking and app unlocking but both can be unlocked with same fingerprint, just like Xiomi mobiles. Very interesting and necessary feature.

NiklausVats and PARTHI_SaNjay like this.
  4. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 30, 2017

GopalB. , Oct 30, 2017 :
    are you a developer or something for oneplus, or you just like to toy with new users this way???

PARTHI_SaNjay and Deepakreddy485 like this.
  5. Nilaxi Delhiwala
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2017

Nilaxi Delhiwala , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Separate pin, pattern as well as separate fingerprint for applock and phonelock should be provided for security purpose. Do incorporate as soon as possible.

6. NiklausVats
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

7. krishna889494
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

krishna889494 , Jul 23, 2019 :
    No sir we need separate password for applock and lock screen. The password for locking all the apps should be different from the lock screen password

8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 23, 2019 :
    Why are you bumping multiple old dead threads!?

9. TheMystic
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2019

TheMystic , Jul 23, 2019 :
    It is a good idea. But I don’t think OnePlus would be implementing it any time soon.

So better to use a 3rd party app lock. But since fingerprint scanner is what we always use, why is the setting a different pin so important?

10. TheMystic
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2019

When will you stop complaining? Atleast the guy has “searched” and not created a “redundant” thread.

11. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 23, 2019 :
    I have no problem if it was one thread. He bumped quite a few.

12. TheMystic
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2019

That’s okay. He is looking for a solution.

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 23, 2019 :
    Which was already provided in a couple of threads he had already bumped.

14. TheMystic
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2019

Still. If creating a duplicate thread is annoying, so is commenting all the time about “searching” (which is broken), and more so since it really isn’t about searching alone. Because it is more about going through 100s of comments to really find one that is relevant and that answers the query/ provides the solution. That is researching or digging through junk.

Now you have gone one step ahead and complaining about someone posting a comment in multiple threads. That is overdoing it. Take it easy.

15. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 23, 2019 :
    I have no idea what you are talking about. It was a simple question to know why he was bumping multiple old threads.
    And i don't know why you keep saying the search is broken. It works perfectly alright for a basic search.

And isn't the user supposed to sift through multiple posts to find an answer? Or at least Google it? Isn't that how a forum functions and also is one of the key rules of a forum?
    This isn't any customer support where you can just ask a question and go the answer. The forum is like a library. You are supposed to search for the answers yourself.

16. TheMystic
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2019

Given how much of the comments are irrelevant or unhelpful, you might have to spend too much time looking for what you want. And yes, search feature on this site/ app is indeed broken, or so it is every now and then.

Forum rules also prohibit trolling or unhelpful posts, and many of the rules upholders are first ones who violate that. Sure this isn't customer support, and it is a good thing because as fellow users we are here to help each other out. The library that you are referring to is filled with junk, and requires a cleanup. May be you could help with that just as you keep pointing people towards using a broken feature.

17. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 23, 2019 :
    Man. You just keep rambling on the same thing. I have told you, the search has worked for me everytime I need some information. It has worked to a point that I have not created a single thread till now.
    You are yet to tell why you think it is broken.

And the forum would not be filled with junk and wouldn't have required a cleanup is people did the search first. Don't you think?

18. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 23, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jul 23, 2019 :
    it's funny to me when people willingly give out their lock screen password to others and then complain about security for their apps. Maybe don't give out your lock screen password to other people and he won't have an issue

19. TheMystic
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2019

It has failed me too many times, hence the conclusion. But I did find many others too complaining about the same thing, before concluding that is.

Like I said, the junk I'm referring to is mostly unhelpful and irrelevant conversations that are part of every thread, just as the one we are having now. Not everyone has the time to go through all these all the time. More specifically in this case because someone raised a query on multiple EXISTING threads and you have a problem with that too.

20. krishna889494
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

krishna889494 , Jul 23, 2019 :
    Sorry for the whole trouble guys, i am new to the oneplus community that's why i didn't knew the rules properly. Earlier i was using Poco F1 and the app lock in that had a different password than the lock screen and it used to ask for password everytime we exit and come back in the app. I didn't find this feature on my one plus 7. That is why i thought of asking the same in the community as i have heard that oneplus community is one of the best community and they listen to their users feedback very quickly . I will remember the rules from now onwards.. But still if we can get the same features for applock as on redmi devices it will be very helpful.