Apps in full-screen mode via OnePlus 6

1. Ash_Anshuman
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2019

Ash_Anshuman , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Okay, so, I'll try to be as respectful, constructive, and kind in my remarks as possible. I bought my first One plus device last year in June. I was really happy with my purchase. The operating system was smooth and the makers had undeniably done a good job on the device. Even the Pie update was released for One Plus 6 in time.

But One Plus makers really don't care about the satisfaction of their users. They are least bothered about it as long as the phone sells and they are earning profit out of it.

I love reading and I have google playbooks installed on my One Plus 6. It feels good to have a large screen and read on it. After updating to pie I could no longer use the full-screen display for most of my apps. For example, Clash Royale, Amazon Kindle, Google Play Books, and even Pubg.

To exacerbate the situation, the apps stopped appearing in the full-screen display settings. I reported the problem to the One Plus community and to date, the problem hasn't been rectified.

It's amazing how these buggers even talk about development! One plus 6 users were supposed to get Android 10 on November 2. Considering it was a staged rollout, some would have got it by 15. The update had issues. Okay. I understand to err is to human, but none of our kind moderators here came forward with an explanation. Not that we are entitled but it would have been great if this so-called "Community" app was used to communicate.

A few days back I was thinking of switching to One Plus 7 Pro, but I'm so glad I didn't. If this is what a user has to endure after paying a hefty amount of money, it's not worth it.

One Plus can do better.
    View attachment 1193085

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019

2. tide1109
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2019

tide1109 , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 2, 2019 :
    A big role has Google in the notch implementation. Google has some guidelines that OnePlus respects. The support of the notch is also a topic by the developer of the individual app.
    That could be Google with Play Books too.
    The incompatibility of Clash Royale is specific to OnePlus devices. This issue is fixed in Android 10. Clash Royale on other devices does work fine.
    A relative new update of PUGB does add the support of the notch.

Here is a deeper explanation of the notch and fullscreen option:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/explained-notch-and-apps-to-display-in-fullscreen.1132100/

bojantomic likes this.
  3. bojantomic
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2019

bojantomic , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 4, 2019 :
    What is the point of notch cutting into your game anyway? So that you are unable to access certain controls, or see certain parts of the game? OnePlus is just being logical, along with Google. They cannot make everyone's wishes come true.
    When it comes to the update, it had some serious issues with bootloops, hence, it was paused. If you still wish to upgrade, I'm pretty sure you can do it through Oxygen Updater.

Artemus likes this.