[Submitted] Aquarelle and photo detail

1. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v , Sep 6, 2017 :
    Ok, I just took 3 pictures in dim light, The lights in this room are 3w LED's so it's pretty dim, and I'm in a dark patch.

So here is the first picture with Stock Camera (100% Zoom)
    PSX_20170906_205745.jpg

Heres the 2nd with Snap Camera with Denoise on (100% Zoom)
    PSX_20170906_205957.jpg

As you can Snap Camera Noise reduction actually gets rid of more noise and still retains far more detail. Seriously much better performance with Snap Camera even with noise reduction on.

And just for the sake of it here is snap camera with Denoise off (100% Zoom)
    PSX_20170906_210517.jpg
    As you can see, the noise is back but incredibly sharp detail.

So from what I see Snap camera performs a whole lot better than stock even with Denoise on.
    I was actually quite surprised to see more noise in the stock camera considering theirs so much paint like effect you would think this is a result of more noise reduction. But obviously it's either a case of not very effective Noise reduction algorithm, or a result of heavy processing in other areas.
    Where snap camera is very effective in removing noise and keeping a good and acceptable level of detail in it's images.

AleksB79, shaxtep, DJ Valente and 2 others like this.
  2. AleksB79
    Donut Sep 7, 2017

AleksB79 , Sep 7, 2017 :
    2017-09-07_13-19-42.jpg
    Pls, look at the picture. It's the same scene in a same time. The left side in Auto mode, the right is Pro mode. And here is a question: why the Auto mode increases ISO? It's may be 250 or 320 when it's shiny outdoor. Pro mode is much better and stability in this way - it's make low ISO, and the right foto is much clearer and detaled, but it has a low dinamic range.
    Please, make a good ISO at Auto mode in next updatings.

3. shaxtep
    Donut Sep 10, 2017

shaxtep , Sep 10, 2017 :
    As i can see, the OnePlus team does not care about its customers.

Since the announcement of OP5, almost three months have passed. We, the owners of the device, wrote messages here, on the forum of XDA, on Twitter and much more. But all is vain. No one is going to correct their own mistakes, the camera still shoots horribly.

Because of this, I had to sell OP5 and buy Samsung Galaxy S7. In my opinion, he is worse than OP5 literally in everything, but he photographs better (although his camera and photo processing are far from ideal).

I'm sorry that my first experience with OnePlus was so sad. They managed to make a greate smartphone, but they do not listen to their customers and do not want to improve the obvious problems of the camera.

4. F_Gaurav_Jagannath_zyKF
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2017

F_Gaurav_Jagannath_zyKF , Sep 12, 2017 :
    They are busy with special edition op5 launch lol

Walterdw24 likes this.
  5. F_Gaurav_Jagannath_zyKF
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2017

DJ Valente and shaxtep like this.
  6. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v , Sep 12, 2017 :
    I completely agree but did you try snap camera? As you can see from my post above it makes a big difference and improves on a lot.
    Theirs still plenty imrpvements needed one OnePlus's side that cannot be fixed by an app, but this app does make a big difference and helps a lot. Still some of the processing that snap camera takes from stock as it's part of the framework cause problems and hinder quality, but I have to say the quality is still highly improved using snap camera.

shaxtep and Android-Andi like this.
  7. shaxtep
    Donut Sep 13, 2017

shaxtep , Sep 13, 2017 :
    Yes, i tried Snap Camera. This is a good app in which you can turn off noise reduction and use many different settings, but there are two problems. First: there are always fuzzy areas (looks like problems with autofocus, but in small areas, may be problems with lens). Second: it work much slower than stock camera.

DJ Valente likes this.
  8. gwindlord
    Eclair Sep 13, 2017

9. DikiyEj
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2017

DJ Valente and Synergeia like this.
  10. Synergeia
    Donut Sep 19, 2017

Synergeia , Sep 19, 2017 :
    And ability to disable stabilization. And normal HAL without dots, which we can see even in stock camera app in bokeh mode sometimes.

Walterdw24 and DJ Valente like this.
  11. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2017

Android-Andi , Sep 19, 2017 :
    seems like they don't care or have bigger problems as this is still not solved or rejected (you know: it's not a bug if other OEMs have the same bug - haha)

DJ Valente likes this.
  12. gwindlord
    Eclair Sep 19, 2017

gwindlord , Sep 19, 2017 :
    It seems now it's time to look at OPPO R9s photos and probably find there the same effect...

DJ Valente and Walterdw24 like this.
  13. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 19, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v , Sep 19, 2017 :
    The OPPO R9s is still better than this. Even though OnePlus is basically created from OPPO
    Which is why I think it had to be software as it's the same sensor. Plus the 3 and 3t have better quality even though they're basically the same sensor except this one had better focus.

DJ Valente and Walterdw24 like this.
  14. Walterdw24
    Eclair Sep 20, 2017

15. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2017

Android-Andi , Sep 20, 2017 :
    I've talked to fgnm some days ago about preview freeze in Bacon Camera on OP5 and seems like the latest update fixes it. i loved that app on my OPO and great it seems to work fine now on OP5 too.

https://www.baconcamera.com

you might want to give it a try too :)

DJ Valente likes this.
  16. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v , Sep 20, 2017 :
    I too used this all the time on my OPO, loved it. Also using it now in my OP5, mainly for video as I like having the option of no stabilization/no crop to use with my gimble

DJ Valente likes this.
  17. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2017

18. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 26, 2017

19. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2017

Android-Andi , Sep 26, 2017 :
    I talked to some other devs and got told about the default sharpness: "We did some sampling and decided that 12-13 brings the best results based on OP3., 12 (level 2) seems good."

maybe you like to test it in Snap or ParanoidCamera, it's default to level 1 ATM.

v0 HaVoK 0v likes this.
  20. v0 HaVoK 0v
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 26, 2017

v0 HaVoK 0v , Sep 26, 2017 :
    Thanks for this, yeah I will test right now to see what the differences are.
    BTW was just wondering if you would bring Chroma flash back? It's not a terribly needed feature, but it worked well.
    Will report back and let you know what I think, also testing ParanoidCamera.
    Testing them both in lowlight right now.

Android-Andi likes this.