Third Party Software

AR Core features on OP 3T not working

1. joehspicer Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM

joehspicer, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM :
    Hi all,

After seeing the new google maps AR functionality, I tried to find it on my phone with no success.

From searching around it seems that I need AR core installed, and that the 3T is compatible with this.

However, I cannot find it in the playstore. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I wrong in thinking that my OP3T supports this type of AR?

Many thanks

Joe

2. Sadra_Imam Gingerbread Aug 15, 2019 at 1:48 AM

Sadra_Imam, Aug 15, 2019 at 1:48 AM :
    It seems the name has changed to" Google Play Services for AR" and you should have already installed on your phone if you are using latest update 9.0.x

3. joehspicer Cupcake Aug 15, 2019 at 1:23 PM

joehspicer, Aug 15, 2019 at 1:23 PM :
    Thanks Sadra_imam.

You're right. It turns out I do have the 'Google Play Services for AR' installed, however certain AR features which I was hoping to use in various apps won't work.

The first is the google maps live view which overlays arrows onto the real world camera view of the screen. I don't have the option to use this visible in the app- perhaps I just need to wait for a more updated release of the app?

I also tried a VR car configurator app, however it would not let me download it at all because the play store stated my device was not compatible