[ARCHIVED] How to ship OPO to Malaysia? (Forwarder and SIRIM included)

1. exkaizen
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2014

exkaizen , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I believe those buy OPO case or accessories together with the phone shouldn't be a problem as it will be ship in a box which considered as 1 item.

On my case, I bought tempered glass and phone case from different seller in Amazon thus having three item in a shipment.

2. poweruser0001
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2014

poweruser0001 , Nov 6, 2014 :
    Hope that you have received your OPO. You can now breathe a sigh of relief. Finally safe and sound after a long, long journey.

To clear the air (if you don't mind)
    1. Did you fill up the SIRIM forms yourself or were the forms filled
    by the forwarder?
    2. If you were taxed by Customs, please double-check on the official receipt just to confirm you were taxed under "Others". There must be a code number for this. And if you feel it shouldn't be, you might have the option to appeal, I think. (Please verify this, I am not sure on this.)

It may be very bothersome, it's up to you. But we will definitely be able to confirm something. Meanwhile, you must be busy updating the updates.

finaldentiny likes this.
  3. nandafry
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2014

nandafry , Nov 6, 2014 :
    Just so you know, if you request for the item to be delivered to a location they don't cover, they would transfer the parcel to Poslaju for you. This applies to both FedEx and DHL if I am not mistaken. Be sure to get your tracking number from them if the parcel is labelled as "Delivery arranged no details expected" at Subang after clearing customs. Mine was supposed to be sent to Mentakab, but got transferred to Kuantan, then Temerloh, then after a scary message "Counter delivery due to out of delivery coverage area", finally reached my doorstep. Maybe my address is too "ulu" to them... the postman was complaining:eek:

4. exkaizen
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

exkaizen , Nov 7, 2014 :
    Yup... finally got mine yesterday :D:D:D

1 - SIRIM form I submitted myself and for OPO no problem/issue only it shipped together with my TG & case which having issue with taxed by customs.
    2 - Tempered Glass was tariff coded under 3919.10190 which falls under others entitled for 20% import tax and 10% sales tax and Phone Case was tarriff coded under 4202.29000 which falls under others entitled for 10% sales tax. I've informed DHL to confirm again with customs and the taxed still imposed under same value on both by items.

I've previously bought these things (except Tempered Glass) and this is the first time I'm being taxed for the same item o_O. I've decided to pay RM66 instead of go to KLIA to appeal as I believe it's about the same cost when we calculate the car patrol, tolls and parking charges and might be still taxed imposed.:(

banchew and finaldentiny like this.
  5. poweruser0001
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

poweruser0001 , Nov 7, 2014 :
    Your explanation is very clear.
    Your decision is realistic and pragmatic.
    Different days, different shifts, different encounters.

6. poweruser0001
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

poweruser0001 , Nov 7, 2014 :
    Did you read that tempered glass is subject to customs tax? I hope yours slip in unnoticed.

7. ymchong
    Donut Nov 8, 2014

ymchong , Nov 8, 2014 :
    my very first post ☺
    anyway looks like oneplus has gotten sirim certification on 06-nov. so for future buyers do we still need to apply for epermit?
    probably get customs tax instead of sirim epermit?

Attached Files:

banchew and kampuamee like this.
  8. ymchong
    Donut Nov 8, 2014

ymchong , Nov 8, 2014 :
    based on the sirim certification it is really good news for malaysia opo fans. it basically means they will be shipping to malaysia real soon (likely from 2nd pre-order onwards). looking forward to that announcement from opo.

9. kampuamee
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2014

kampuamee , Nov 8, 2014 :
    yay, what a great news :D

10. poweruser0001
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2014

poweruser0001 , Nov 10, 2014 :
    Most likely neither. As in the case of Xiaomi, the forwarder will send your smartphone package to your doorstep after clearing Customs and SIRIM.

11. nur azlin
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014

nur azlin , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Hi need help, can't place my order, paypal can not recognize the address... i'm using comgateway address

12. kuanhwa
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2014

kuanhwa , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Check whether you put the address correctly.

finaldentiny likes this.
  13. nur azlin
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014

I fool
    I follow exactly the address that they gave me

14. kuanhwa
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2014

kuanhwa , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Print screen.. Or solved?

15. nur azlin
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014

16. kuanhwa
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2014

17. nur azlin
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014

i haven't make a payment yet, once i clicked the placing order, they come out the screen print page

18. finaldentiny
    Community Veteran Nov 13, 2014

finaldentiny , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Where are you shipping to?
    double check on your shipping address...

19. nur azlin
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014

to portland, oregon

20. nur azlin
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2014