Are "Budget Bridging" Phones Necessary?

1. SadDadDancer , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Same. My fiancee and I both got the N10 and we both absolutely love them. Most other sites I've seen do categorize them as mid-rangers.

2. anshumanpriyam
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021

3. Rcoupe_XBM
    Froyo Apr 11, 2021

Rcoupe_XBM , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 11, 2021 :
    I think these phones are great for recognize new brands of phones. For me this was way to know oneplus phones. I did buy cheap oneplus 3t phone then I starter to climb, because I see I will get better for more with same brand.

4. cmc36618
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

5. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Apr 12, 2021

6. 95_deepak
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

95_deepak , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Great thread.
    I guess it is very difficult and risky for a premium brand to release phones to cater to different segments but if this done smartly, then it will boost the revenues a lot. As we have seen that OP has been able to maintain a premium pricing as compared to other Android devices even in its budget range devices like the Nord such that one cannot say that Nord is the 'cheaper priced' OP device as that will hurt the brand value (similar to Tata Nano which failed for this very reason as it was advertised as the cheap car for middle class people).
    Given the above one would think there is not a clear 'Budget bridging' as such in OP because still all devices are premium devices in the android world but yes if looked into deeper then it would be possible to identify a subtle budget bridging as was explained in the post.

7. michaelliao07
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

8. Texsus86
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

Texsus86 , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Apr 13, 2021 :
    They may seem unnecessary to a private user, especially when alot of times you can finance the phone through a major carrier for mere dollars more to enjoy a flagship experience, but in a corporate setting, or any situation where there is a need to purchase a group of phones, the budget bridging phones are a great way to supply well featured phones without the extra fluff we expect from our personal phones.

9. Bunny1709 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Yes, personally I feel like Budget bridging phones are essential to maintain a good customer relationship and will provide a sustainability of the brand in the smart phone market among the rest of the competitors.

10. A_Sharma@DE
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

A_Sharma@DE , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Last year OnePlus (i.e. from OnePlus 8 series) started raising their device pricing and started entering the premium segment which is a good thing but I personally don't like the fact that they significantly raised their prices all of a sudden. I have OnePlus 7 which came at a starting price of INR 33k, this had the latest specs of that year but still affordable by many (I think) but now latest specs device starting price of latest series is INR 49k in India. I found this very shocking. So, I think Budget bridging is necessary if they cannot decrease the prices after reaching the current level (i.e. price of the latest high end device) as it will help gather more customers who wish to buy a latest spec device but within their budget. For example even if the price reached at around 35k level I will definitely consider buying that Device because it has the latest specs the company can offer at a much budget level price.
    At first I wrote a post at OnePlus 9 page about it is very costly and all but somebody reported and my post was deleted with a warning but when I saw the price of OnePlus 9R which is "budget bridging" device of OnePlus 9 series and that is good. 😂😅Still above 36k is expensive to me but I would consider it checking it out but not above 41k(that is laptop level pricing 😂 for me). I wish OnePlus introduces a R version with slight more lesser price starting next year so that I can once again buy one more OnePlus device. And it not that Nord series is bad but I don't quite like it.

11. 303276697017
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

13. shahi14323
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2021

14. thechangingtime
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2021

thechangingtime , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Most people do not need the latest and greatest phone, as these days most phone current models are just a slight improvement over the previous year model. Smartphones have gotten to the point of cars you buy from the same manufacturer car 2020 model vs. the 2021 model car. And most people do not buy or replace their car every year.

15. Khushii21
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

16. Meorfalah
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2021