Are you waiting 2 months for the OnePlus One?

?

Are you waiting for the release of this phone or getting another phone

1. Yes

57.6%
  2. No

42.4%
  1. hihiivy247
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

hihiivy247 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Two months is not that long, I can wait. I believe it will still be competitve with its pricing vs spec

2. nik_pa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

nik_pa , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I'm not spreading disinformation the quote about mid-May is direct from David S. who as a staff member should be putting out accurate information in his posts in the Unveiling Live thread. If you have issues with the translations of other information take it up with them. As far as the "word" from OP all we have is what they posted in their live from and it says

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-unveiling-live-coverage.2031/#post-157272

Follow the link and read it yourself, if they don't release accurate info by one of their employees in their own announcement thread it's no ones fault but their own.

3. GuiltyNL
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

GuiltyNL , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I don't think so, I can see some members have been online soms minutes ago and this was the same during this day.

And even then, they should have scheduled it. Fly back some hours later, be there to answer questions. This is not the way it should have been.

4. GuiltyNL
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

GuiltyNL , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Well, maybe he is wrong, others are wrong. But its their fault not being clear about this.

It is a simple but stupid mistake. Maybe I'm pissed off for nothing, but I'm done with countdown timers. :)

5. dimi_p
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

6. HappyGoku
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

7. nik_pa

nik_pa , Apr 23, 2014 :
    People want answers to questions that should have been answered in the live announcement not more vague innuendo. They want to play with the big boys and shake up the industry then at least do what they do at an announcement and give the release information so people know what to expect.

8. hbgreg
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

hbgreg , Apr 23, 2014 :
    May is one week away, not two months.

9. hbgreg
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

hbgreg , Apr 23, 2014 :
    They announced the phone (specifications, features, design), the pricing, and a Q2 release. That's a lot of information, they are a new company and patience is needed.

10. nik_pa

nik_pa , Apr 23, 2014 :
    May is also 4 weeks long so and it is the first round of invites for the 16gb version, no number given as to how many or when the 64gb version is available. So if they go out late May that's one month down, and with no information of the invite system it could well be 2 months for some. For someone who wants it but can't get an invite the OPO is as good as vaporware.

DerangedPineapple likes this.
  11. Rodjeur
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

Rodjeur , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I wont wait even one month...too bad if i cant get an invite.....i dont understand why theres no sd in such a big phone but the other spec are great...so i get an invite i buy it or buy oppo find 7

12. hbgreg
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

hbgreg , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Well that's just speculation now, and some people are actually taking what the doomsayers in this thread are saying as fact.

13. Mrherringbone
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

Mrherringbone , Apr 23, 2014 :
    100% with you. Not a fan of smashing old devices, but still a fan of the phone.

Deactivated User likes this.
  14. eptesicus13
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

15. nik_pa

nik_pa , Apr 23, 2014 :
    The "they're a new company" line is getting old @Carl uses it all the time. Yes OP is young but the folks who founded it and run it aren't noobs. They have been around the industry and know the game and are just trying to build hype and excitement by trickling out information and as a result just causing people to say "screw 'em I won't wait/beg for a phone."

Yes because of OP's blunders. Also the leaks over the weekend were ignored by many as comments by doomsayers and yet proved accuarte in most details.

16. Jakub Smolar

Jakub Smolar , Apr 23, 2014 :
    2 months is way too long. However I doubt it will be 2 months. what 1+ should stop doing is this missinformation policy they follow. They should clearly talk business and tell us directly what, when, how exactly we will get the phone. This hide and seek tactics is annoying.

17. hbgreg
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

hbgreg , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Talking to you is the only thing that's getting old. Regardless of the experience they have the company is still new and not established. There were a lot of leaks before the release and some were true, some weren't. We don't know when the invites will exactly come out, we don't know when the phone will be exactly released, we don't know the exact situation. They JUST announced the phone and a Q2 release date and said the invites will go out starting in May. That doesn't mean the phone will be in our hands at the end of June/July/August some like are suggesting. Could it happen? Yes, anything could, but we could also have the phones a lot quicker... we simply don't know.

18. Jakub Smolar

Jakub Smolar , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Which is why 1+ has to tell us. They have revealed their phone. If they did not figure out how long till the release then they have not only a questionable information policy, they woin't be able to survive out there in the wilderness with all the big guys (even at this low price). Now it is time to start delivering, and they should start delivering informations about the availability of both models. I know 1+ likes the "mystery" woohoo, but it is time to act. Compared to other phones, the price is the only difference. The longer 1+ wait till the release, the more people will just move on. Anyway - OPPO find 7a has the same stats (almost), in certain areas its better and I'll pay 50 bugs more for getting in in a week or so. I will wait at least they lower themselves to tell us the availability of the 64gb model, then I'll decide. If they start playing their mindgames, I'll move on, my phone is broken and I need one for work and studies and this waiting for every little piece of informations is annoying.

19. nik_pa

nik_pa , Apr 23, 2014 :
    For a company whose motto is #NeverSettle they seem to be fine with settling in some areas, like providing information people need to make decisions.

Q2 is a long time so announcing a Q2 release is vague with other major releases planned. Invites for the 16gb are announced as May but no numbers or other information about it. They need to capitalize on the hype and get the phones out quickly and they know it.

If you want to apologize for them and wait that's fine.

I wish them well and would love for them to succeed and change the face of the industry but with their current approach I don't know if they will. People are fickle and tech changes rapidly today's flagship killer is tomorrow's average device. QHD is around the corner, 801 phones are becoming common and 805's are on the horizon, distant but there.

I love the phone and want it but I will only wait so long - either until my current one dies or something better comes along at which point I will wish OP success and wait to see what their next phone brings.

Jakub Smolar likes this.
  20. OnePlusOne
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

OnePlusOne , Apr 23, 2014 :
    [Quote = "Jakub Smolar, Post: 231096, Mitglied: 2120"] Welches ist, warum 1 + hat, uns zu sagen. Sie haben ihre Telefon enthüllt. Wenn sie nicht herausfinden, wie lange bis zur Veröffentlichung dann müssen sie nicht nur eine fragwürdige Informationspolitik woin't sie in der Lage, dort zu überleben in der Wildnis mit all den großen Jungs (auch bei diesem niedrigen Preis). Jetzt ist es Zeit zu beginnen liefern, und sie beginnen sollte, liefert Informationen über die Verfügbarkeit der beiden Modelle. Ich weiß, dass 1 + mag das "Geheimnis" woohoo, aber es ist Zeit zu handeln. Im Vergleich zu anderen Handys, ist der Preis der einzige Unterschied. Je länger 1 + warten, bis die Freigabe, desto mehr Menschen werden einfach weiter. Wie auch immer - OPPO find 7a hat die gleichen Statistiken (fast) in bestimmten Bereichen ist es besser, und ich werde 50 Bugs mehr für immer in in einer Woche oder so zahlen. Ich werde warten, zumindest haben sie senken sich, um uns die Verfügbarkeit der 64GB-Modell, dann werde ich entscheiden. Wenn sie spielen ihre Mindgames starten, werde ich weitermachen, mein Handy ist kaputt und ich brauche eine für die Arbeit und Studien und dieses Warten für jedes kleine Stück von Informationen ist ärgerlich. [/ Quote]
    Ich stimme absolut. Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Mein S3 ist für 1 Woche kaputt und jetzt weiß ich, wie es ist, sich ohne ein Handy zu bekommen. Sie sagten, dass sie nicht wie die anderen Stellen Pre Order weil Pre Order bedeutet lange Wartezeit (und zahlen für die Produktion, aber das könnte auch mit einem Pre um zu regulieren.) Aber jetzt sind sie tun es nicht anders, wir haben jetzt Wait 2 months, then we need an Invite. These are again one months until you invite gets, if at all. These are wait 3 months. I think until then I can buy a S5, because delince in prices.

Krebel84 and Jakub Smolar like this.