Armor skin vs Nillkin 9h

1. junny01
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2014

junny01 , Aug 19, 2014 :
    --- NOTE: I HAVE purchased and tried both protectors---

I've had my phone over a month now, and a fairly detailed "in use" review is due, probably closer to the end of the month.

In the meantime, here's my 2 cents on screen protectors:

I ordered the Nillkin online in India, not knowing that my brother was bringing me an Armor Suit from the US when he visited earlier this month.

I tried the AS first, it was a gift after all.

--------------------------Armor Suit:

A) Packaging: The packaging was excellent, and the protector looked great. It was nice to have all the instructions in English!

B) Installation: A bloody nightmare. I honestly thought it was an April fools joke. I had to almost drench my phone in their liquid solution to get this thing on... and then it needed the whole night to dry. Very very bad experience. Despite having installed about 10 protectors on various phones in the last 2-3 years (correctly, i might add) I couldnt get this perfect.

C) Touch and feel: It is a good quality protector, and it has a slightly rubbery, soft texture to it that I quite liked. But I removed this after 2 weeks of use, because the imperfections in installation were getting to me. Touch and colors were fine.

I DONT recommend you buy this, primarily because of the installation nightmare.

--------------------------Nillkin:

A) Packaging: Great, not as unique as the Armor skin, but functionally perfect. Packing has a mix of Chinese and not entirely correct English.

B) Installation: 5 minutes max, no overnight drying needed. Be careful with alignment! The biggest advantage of tempered glass protectors is the ease of bubble removal! The anti static dust strip seemed like a fun novelty (feels like you are waxing your phone) but it is practically useful!

C) Touch and feel: I cant decide whether I prefer the soft Armor Suit feel of the obviously hard Nillkin, BUT, the touch accuracy seems better on the Nillkin. It does pick up a little more grease than the AS, but its much easier to clean. The Nillkin looks great as well, despite being thick, colors are crystal clear!

Highly recommend a screen guard! Hope my mini review helps a few!

2. Cyberdude
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2014

Cyberdude , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Just got my Nillkin 9h and fitted it today - very easy to fit - looks good - haven't tested the toughness with an axe or anything yet (someone else can try that), but I can say I wish I'd discovered the Nillkin 9H before and not wasted my money on a pack of shitty Orlyz screen protectors which have now gone in the bin

tonitaa and shuvodeep like this.
  3. Qwest108
    Froyo Sep 17, 2014

Qwest108 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Do you have a case? If so does it fit with nillkin or did you have to buy a different one?

4. Simone Pietro Saragosa
    Froyo Sep 17, 2014

Simone Pietro Saragosa , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Got a Nillkin and works great for me...

5. @rno1975
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

@rno1975 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Bring me your phone and I will try with the axe ;)

6. ualman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2014

ualman , Sep 17, 2014 :
    You're too kind @rno1975;)
    Always willing to help somebody out (of a OPO)

7. addam
    KitKat Sep 17, 2014

addam , Sep 17, 2014 :
    My nillkin glass should be here in a couple days. When I put on a screen protector, I always center it up first and scotch tape one side, the same side the tab to pull the backing off the screen protector, then flip up the protector and give my screen a cleaning then i flip it back until I'm ready to start. this will keep the dust from settling in between the short time it takes to actually stick the screen protector. Keep the the screen protector as low to the phone as possible and start pulling off the backing, just start squeegeeing the same direction you are pulling the backing, And boom a perfect screen protector every time.

8. mraspor
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

9. shermanng
    Eclair Sep 17, 2014

shermanng , Sep 17, 2014 :
    i got both the premium tempered glass which cost 15$ and the cheap one that cost 4$. In my opinion, they both look and function the same. On the more expensive model, the surface feels smoother.

10. junny01
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2014

junny01 , Sep 18, 2014 :
    I love the sandstone back and the current thickness of the phone, so I never went in for a case. Just the screen guard :)