Armor Suit Military Shield for your One

1. alsobob
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

alsobob , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Hey all, I know the rage these days is to get a tempered glass SP, but if you can't get a Nilken or Orzly yet, a good option in my humble opinion would be the Armor Suit Military Shield. They have one that is made for The One and I have to say it works pretty great on mine. It's a wet application SP so just be aware but if you are careful you won't damage your phone.

When I first applied it to my One, I was scared about having too much liquid seep through and damage my phone. But result was awful. I had at least 9 air bubbles and it was driving me crazy. So after a day of dealing with it, I took off the SP and reapplied it. (Props to Armor Suit btw for this really useful feature.) This time I was more liberal with the application of the liquid and it worked out great. Now my beautiful and awesome phone has a really fantastic SP on it that keeps the glass safe from scratches and other pocket related damage that can occur. It's thin, pretty durable and doesn't leave fingerprint or smudge marks. Plus, as far as I can tell, there has been no loss of sensitivity on the screen.

So if you're like me and ordered a tempered glass protector and it's still en route from China, this should help tide you over until you get it. Last thing you want to do is wait for an invite and get your phone only to have it get scratched while you wait for your tempered glass SP to come.

You can get this in 2 days from Amazon, cost was I think $9. Not bad at all.

Hope this helps!!

2. randallian
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2014

3. jay ray
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2014

jay ray , Aug 9, 2014 :
    I just had this screen protector and I thought it was good enough for time being. I just recently replaced it with rhino...

4. kp1234
    Community Veteran Aug 9, 2014

kp1234 , Aug 9, 2014 :
    But isn't this a bit more protective?
    [​IMG]

5. jay ray

jay ray , Aug 9, 2014 :
    The armor? I don't think so... And I think its not fair to compare both due to being two different types(correct me if I'm wrong),

kp1234 likes this.
  6. alsobob
    Froyo Aug 9, 2014

alsobob , Aug 9, 2014 :
    What's different? The Rhino and the Armor Suit? The Armor Suit is a plastic screen protector, similar to the Zagg Invisible Shield. From what I understand, the Rhino is a tempered glass protector, and allegedly makes the screen shatterproof.. pretty cool.

7. jay ray

jay ray , Aug 9, 2014 :
    "Shatterproof" is main reason I got it... Pricey but the peace of mine is worth it

8. alsobob
    Froyo Aug 9, 2014

alsobob , Aug 9, 2014 :
    well here's hoping that you never need to see how truthful the shatterproof statement is.

xxxlux likes this.
  9. randallian
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

randallian , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I think the shatterproof protection is only likely to help if a blow comes directly to the screen. If you drop it on your side, I think it is unlikely to make any difference.

If you really want shatterproof, get a Blackberry. I was out with a friend and he purposely dropped his Blackberry on the ground and no damage at all. I did not reciprocate.

10. jay ray
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2014

jay ray , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Is Blackberry still relevant?

11. argos285

argos285 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I have the Armor Suit, I believe is a great product and great all around protection

12. randallian
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

randallian , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Actually I still have one for work. It has great battery life both because it is fairly efficient and I only use it for emails. For anything else I use my OPO.

13. Archander
    Froyo Aug 10, 2014

14. jay ray

15. jay ray

jay ray , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Nice. I only had BB when the first BB bold came out...

16. Archander
    Froyo Aug 10, 2014

Archander , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Rhino isn't glass. Thanks @jay ray for the clarification

17. viny06
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

18. superevangelist
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

19. jay ray

20. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 10, 2014