ArmorSuit Military Shield Screen Protector w/photo

1. Flyer27
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2014

Flyer27 , Nov 13, 2014 :
    When I first got my OPO I slapped an Orzly tempered glass screen protector on, as recommended by many, but for some reason it really hurt my ear when I was using the OPO as an actual phone. I may have misaligned it slightly or something, but I started wondering, if I do anything to my phone where I say "thank God I had a tempered glass screen protector" wouldn't I have most likely damaged some of the internal components also?

Either way, I decided to try my old favorite, the ArmorSuit MiliatryShield wet application screen protector. I know plenty of people get nervous with wet applications on electronics, and I always do, especially when I can't take out the battery, but it always works out.

In the case of the OPO, I found it a little harder than usual to keep the protector lined up correctly, top and bottom, which may have something to do with the size of the phone. Tablets are big and wide while this phone is taller than wider.

I got it lined up and it fits almost perfect, the gap between the edge of the protector and the edge of the glass is maybe the width of a hair so I am happy with that. I let it sit overnight and it was useable but felt a little tacky, then after about 24 hours it feels great and the touchscreen acts perfectly normal.

My one big gripe, which seems to be happening more and more with the ArmorSuit shields is the cutout for the ear speaker and camera. The speaker cut out is far too long while at the same time has to be almost at the very edge to align the camera cutout. Maybe the idea was to keep the light sensor uncovered, I don't know, it was just hard to get the camera cutout lined up without covering part of the ear piece.

I think ArmorSuit is cutting corners somewhat and using the same template for some phones and that is what happened here. Otherwise, the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield is still the best screen protector out there, in my opinion.

I may end up trying a different tempered glass protector at some point, but right now I'm very happy with this.

I'm attaching a photo of the ear piece and camera cutout line up. ArmorSuit.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 13, 2014