ASHA hearing aid support on one plus 6/6T via OnePlus 6T

1. man_s44
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2020

man_s44 , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Looks there is a beta version launched for one plus 7/7T which is having this support. When the support will be launched for one plus 6t

brtbrggrf likes this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 22, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 22, 2020 :
    If and when it is ready.
    There is no ETA.

buntycubal and Artemus. like this.
  3. Franco Spaghettio
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2020

Franco Spaghettio , Sep 21, 2020 :
    The ASHA (hearing aid) standard seems to be implemented without much strategy. Google and some of the other majors have been incorporating and promoting it in their phones (even Pixel 3, 4). I can't find information any where on OnePlus for 6 or 7. I have a 6T running the necessary Android 10 but even though Hearing Aid is turned on in Accessibility setting there is no way to 'connect' the aids to listen to music. The hearing aids work with the bluetooth because they use an app and connect to it via bluetooth. But any other apps are not included in any functionality. A phone with the tech specs like 6T should have this functionality. Does anyone know if there is an official position by OnePlus anywhere? I couldn't even find one on their website. That's disappointing.

SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS and Nave67 like this.
  4. Nave67
    Donut Sep 22, 2020

Nave67 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    thanks for your post . Despite earlier announcement of a release of the software for Oneplus7 and 7t , the connection can be established however sound and phone call are not transferred. That is really bad as previously the iPhone I was using had this facility. Hope that OnePlus IT support is reading these posts to update rapidly the package for 6 and 7 .

SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS likes this.
  5. MadraMor
    Froyo Sep 30, 2020

MadraMor , Sep 30, 2020 :
    The 7T and 7 Pro have ASHA. These are the only models I'm aware of for now.
    See my posts and those of other members about ASHA and Cochlear.

OP needs way better communication about what's happening with ASHA and other accessibility features.
    There are hardware and software requirements for ASHA.

SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS likes this.