Ask Me Anything: Camera Edition

1. I1563852977075
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

I1563852977075 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    love my One Plus 7 but my wife's I-Phone takes much better pics. How can One Plus mirror that technology? Great device, good camera.

2. nateavi
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

nateavi , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Hey Jim, I get it that you guys have been hard at work tweaking the camera software on the 7 Pro, but how close are we to fix the sharpness?

The oily effect while zooming seems mostly gone, but the sharpness is still a tad dicey. I wouldn't mind a bit of noise, provided the camera takes great details.

Bonus question: Can we get to choose which mode we prefer? Over saturated shots like a certain brand that's infamous for, or purely realistic and natural shots like the Pixels?

The stock app seems to struggle maintaining a fine balance between the two and I hope to see more refinements soon. Keep up the good work!

#sunnyshow, antonyjen and Mbahmu like this.
  3. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 27, 2019

jlasensiofi , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Thanks @Trista W. and @Jimmy Z. for the opportunity.

I am very satisfied with the results of the OnePlus 7 Pro camera, I have photos that are absolutely incredible and in others you say, but what happened here? I must admit that there are still some inconsistencies that I do not understand why they occur. The same scene does not always give the same result, Night Scape mode does not always work well, or at least I don't always like what it does.

But my biggest concern is about the Pro Mode. I understand that the other modes occupy a priority since they are the most used. There is no doubt that, at specific times, the use of automatic mode is convenient and efficient, since we cannot always stop to compose a photo and study the scene well. But in my modest opinion, photography is more than point and shoot.

With Pro Mode you can do wonders, and I say it from my own experience. I think that if its use is improved, very good expectations would be achieved, and you could even have a camera at an exceptional level.

I have repeatedly proposed that Pro Mode incorporate these improvements:

- Possibility of blocking the focus and exposure (Essential).
    - Automatic exposure bracketing.
    - Intervalometer.
    - Focus mode
    - Light measurement mode.

I'm sorry to be heavy and insist on this issue, but for me they are essential. I understand the difficulty of their implementation, but as I said before, I think it would open Pro Mode to a lot of almost professional possibilities.

For all those reasons, my question is ... Is there no option that they be taken into account and implemented?

Thanks in advance.

Never Settle.

4. karanmak1988
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

antonyjen likes this.
  5. Trq_Hsn
    Froyo Jul 27, 2019

6. SweyZ
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

SweyZ , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Let's talk about the 7pro camera n video edt. Two things How do I get a Black background foto on Portrait. If there is any; If there isn't the option. Please add it up in the future. Video rec have no music options but the factory ones or a way to keep listening my music while recording myself. Thanx for letting me share my thoughts. Congrats for I think still One Plus is doing a great job but let's not stop here.

antonyjen and Trq_Hsn like this.
  7. mosyn2k
    Froyo Jul 27, 2019

mosyn2k , Jul 27, 2019 :
    bottom line is the camera just isn't good enough. I had the Huawei mate 20 pro switched to op7 pro the camera is just no comparison. on OnePlus 7 pro photos look very grainy/soft like a painting it always struggles in slightly dark conditions whereas the mate 20 pro was always on point. and it always takes like 2 or 3 tries to get the best shot very unreliable camera. I think once you experience Huawei's newer phones cameras you just can't go back to any other camera. I'm sorry OnePlus but I'm switching back to Huawei.

8. Somil.Patni
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

#sunnyshow and antonyjen like this.
  9. F_ShrEyas_Naduvinmath_EC
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

F_ShrEyas_Naduvinmath_EC , Jul 27, 2019 :
    i am facing scratches issue on my 7 pro mirror grey .. Aluminium sides are easily getting scratches on them .. is it a common issue or my phone is a special edition [e]1f609[/e][e]1f602[/e]

antonyjen likes this.
  10. G_Vedant_Patel_EqRk
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

G_Vedant_Patel_EqRk , Jul 27, 2019 :
    going through different modes in camera is annoying, give a simple slider mode so we can switch easily rather then clicking 1 after another or opening all the modes
    1564194266510.jpg

TibiTibi and antonyjen like this.
  11. TheAyushJain
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2019

TheAyushJain , Jul 27, 2019 :
    One and Only Question : What are the future update plans for 6 and 6t in the camera department (and also the 5 and 5t, if any) ?

antonyjen likes this.
  12. U1563718986689
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

13. Dhr888
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

Dhr888 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    1.improve camera quality both cameras not up to the mark
    2.we want super slow motion
    never settle#

#sunnyshow and antonyjen like this.
  14. JakeStumbaugh
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

JakeStumbaugh , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Just got one 7 pro and camera has wired lines going through it with certain lighting! Anyone else have this issue
    1564199413636.jpg

antonyjen likes this.
  15. Deiiru1990
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

Deiiru1990 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    not happy with the OnePlus 7 pro camera its slow. my OnePlus 6 camera is much better

antonyjen likes this.
  16. G_Akil_Akku_wxCx
    Froyo Jul 27, 2019

antonyjen likes this.
  17. antonyjen
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2019

antonyjen , Jul 27, 2019 :
    WOW! Thanks for using My Photograph for this Thread
    .Thank you Oneplus got the Bullets wireless 2 free as the winner of June Photography contest...

My complaints about camera to be improved.

1.Camera quality should improved

2. when daylight is there camera lighting is awesome if no
    daylight camera lighting is dark while taking pictures

3. 3x zoom Is quality must be improved.

4.Pro mode images should be in best quality.

5.Shutter speed must be faster.

buntycubal likes this.
  18. Deiiru1990
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

Deiiru1990 , Jul 27, 2019 :

antonyjen

WOW! Thanks for using My Photograph for this Thread
    .Thank you Oneplus got the Bullets wireless 2 free as the winner of June Photography contest...

My complaints about camera to be improved.

1.Camera quality should improved

2. when daylight is there camera lighting is awesome if no
    daylight camera lighting is dark while taking pictures

3. 3x zoom Is quality must be improved.

4.Pro mode images should be in best quality.​

they need to Increase the speed of the shutter . its too laggy on the op7 pro

antonyjen likes this.
  19. antonyjen
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2019

antonyjen , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Yes..your are correct.

20. Ashuvaniawala
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

antonyjen likes this.