Ask our Software Team: Part 1 – Launcher/Community App

?

How satisfied are you with the OnePlus Community App?

1. Very satisfied.

2. Neutral/No opinion.

3. Not satisfied, needs improvement.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. iOStoAndroid Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

iOStoAndroid, Sep 27, 2018 :
    WHEN WILL YOU MAKE CAMERA QUALITY BETTER? Blurriness and oil painting effect is still top concern with Pie...
    And please fix RAM managment (aggressive background app clearing). System keeps force closing app to make 1.5gb free. That is too much! Maybe 500mb free to quicker opening of new app is more adequate.. But 1.5gb free RAM is too much wasted RAM...

Sanpat1 likes this.
  2. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2018

the_reckoner, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Not sure if its a myth or not but I came across something that Apple had copyrighted swipe right to answer

3. bojler Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

bojler, Sep 27, 2018 :
    OnePlus Launcher.
    Will you consider adding row number customization just like you have column number customization?

I'm asking this because now it's impossile to resize some widgets to make them smaller vertically.

Maria Pap likes this.
  4. FaleshC KitKat Sep 27, 2018

FaleshC, Sep 27, 2018 :
    actually i read it too somewhere but not sure if its swipe to unlock or swipe to answer. Since now apple has touch to answer, i dont think it would matter but then again they are best at suing others.

GambitM and LegolasX like this.
  5. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Sep 27, 2018

keithnyc, Sep 27, 2018 :
    I know I'm old-fashioned (or just old...), but I personally still prefer swipe right to answer, swipe left to ignore

B_Wrath and Dresa91 like this.
  6. B_Wrath Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

B_Wrath, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Great opportunity @Ruby G.

Hi there @Bob C. First things first... Great great job you have been doing with the launcher! The shelf is a boon!!

Launcher:
    1. Can we have more desktop grid options in the launcher???
    2. Option to remove the labels in shelf would be a great addition. Any plans on doing this?
    3. Can we have the frequently used back in the shelf instead of the recent?

Community app:
    1. Guess many have asked... Any idea of dark mode??
    2. Ability for text formatting.
    3. MOST IMPORTANT: The title suggesting option whole creating a new thread available in browser, can it be implemented in the app??? That would help in reducing the spam in the forum...

Hoping for some positive comments from this...
    Wish you good luck with your life, both personal and professional!

7. B_Wrath Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

B_Wrath, Sep 27, 2018 :
    @Ruby G.
    I just got one request for you with respect to this thread..
    Can you or any of the mods clean up the thread and remove all the unrelated questions and whiny posts?? Is better to have this thread clean to discuss exactly what it is created for...

Bob C., Dresa91 and Bouncer71 like this.
  8. Russell_Durose Donut Sep 27, 2018

9. riteshetty Eclair Sep 27, 2018

riteshetty, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi @Bob C. ,
    Enabling Hide Notch on OP6 makes the top edges to feel more square as compared to the bottom edge, making it look asymmetrical.
    Can this be fixed so that the screen looks symmetrical even with the notch hidden ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

10. rodrigo9411 Eclair Sep 27, 2018

rodrigo9411, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi @Bob C. ! Here are my questions:

• What's the best thing of being an app developer in your opinion?
    • I'm sure it will be asked a lot but, have you considered/plan to add the google feed to the launcher?

Bouncer71 likes this.
  11. Denys Gryshukov Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

Denys Gryshukov, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi. Good idea, thanks for opportunity! I'd like to know, is it possible to do the fullscreen photo during incoming call?

12. Deactivated User Sep 27, 2018

13. Deactivated User Sep 27, 2018

14. Jack00X5 Froyo Sep 27, 2018

Jack00X5, Sep 27, 2018 :
    -Can you please combine the app drawer and the recents panel and make them accessible from anywhere, like the pixel devices have? It's much more convenient to swipe up twice to open another app than to go home and then go to app drawer. The process isn't that seamless like on pixel devices. -Also why can't we copy text from one app while in recents panel? A lot of Android Pie features are missing...

PS: Sorry if my English isn't too notch!

15. Bouncer71 Lollipop Sep 27, 2018

Bouncer71, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi @Bob C.

Do you personally use the Community App..?

Would it be possible to redesign the picture upload picker so it doesn't clone the whole DCIM folder to OnePlus/imageCache...?

Besides that you guys are doing a great job. My OP3 and the OnePlus Apps run clean and smooth...! 8D

Thanks in advance...

@Ruby G.
    Thanks for picking up @cdnfarmer 's Idea...! ;D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018

Dresa91 and B_Wrath like this.
  16. adukale Froyo Sep 27, 2018

adukale, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi @Bob C.

This question is regarding to Oneplus launcher on Android Pie.
    Many users like me have encountered this issue.
    If we disable oneplus launcher on android pie then the recents app UI gets reverted to android oreo style. Is there any specific reason behind this? Recents UI is integrated into os but disabling the oneplus launcher on Android Pie, recents UI gets reverted to oreo like.
    Which is kind of strange.

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work.

the_reckoner likes this.
  17. ASCHENTE_V Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2018

ASCHENTE_V, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi @Bob C., I have got 2 qustions:
    1. When will you finally forbid the cupcakes to create new threads, until they are Gingerbread or sth like that?
    2. When will you implement that into community app? This is just must have feature for that messy forum.
    Pls clarify it for the forum users.

B_Wrath likes this.
  18. Ankit7879006006 Donut Sep 27, 2018

19. L1538062672245 Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

L1538062672245, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi,
    I've got a OnePlus 6 phone, after updating android 9.0 version I am facing an issue : I get a screen with ads & icons on it which says slide to unlock, only after sliding it I get my lock screen. This is annoying. please help. below is the screenshot of both the screen.
    View attachment 875633
    screen (1) with ads

View attachment 875635
    screen (2) after sliding

I want to remove screen (1).

kindly help.

20. monjur_miah Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

monjur_miah, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Please add more accent colours, also please allow the shelf to have a dark mode so the notes that apear in the shelf match the theme of the phone. Thanks, And looking forward the OP6T.

the_reckoner likes this.