Ask our Software Team: Part 1 – Launcher/Community App

?

How satisfied are you with the OnePlus Community App?

1. Very satisfied.

2. Neutral/No opinion.

3. Not satisfied, needs improvement.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MikeMp Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

MikeMp, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hie.
    1. Why can't you increase the padding on the launcher so that apps, especially the search bar, can stretch full length?
    2. Make it possible to put the search bar either above or below the dock.
    3. Make the launcher compatible with every icon pack.
    I end up using Lawnchair because of the above issues.

natypes likes this.
  2. sblantipodi Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

3. Magnetic Nerd Jelly Bean Sep 27, 2018

Magnetic Nerd, Sep 27, 2018 :
    @Bob C.

1. For the OxygenOS launcher do you have any thought on adding a transparent app drawer?
    2. (I removed this in case it offends but basically if you're from a certain region that is the region you should be sent too on the app...away from us)
    3. The ability to share a threads link in the community app can only be shared with 3 things, why can't we share just the URL to the clipboard?
    4. Under "Your Profile" there's a part listed "Your postings" shouldn't this say "Your posts" ?
    5. There seems to be an issue with the feedback option of the community app giving errors when posting such as server errors. while it still posts the feedback it doesn't appear in that list and as far as I can see in the community app there is no way to access the feedback portion of the site?
    6. When replying to a thread can we please have some sort of rules on that page and a small FAQ? For example a cupcake comes along see's a new update thread and freaks out cause they don't have it yet. so instead of actually reading the post they make a reply instead going "No update in etc etc" in that screen where they type the reply (or inside the box) can we have something like a "Please read the OP" or "if your post is about an update please be aware that these generally rollout and should be with you within a couple of weeks of the original thread" Something along these lines just to stop the god damn spam!

4. termit7 Froyo Sep 27, 2018

termit7, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Fine my questions:
    1. How do you get inspired to create os, or use other manufacturers' products for this as a base for creating something better and more personal?

2.Which is your favorite artist?

Thanks for your work and flexible launcher settings.

5. gamerxsoft Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

gamerxsoft, Sep 27, 2018 :
    I was wondering when we will be getting tag suggestions and smiley support in the community app itself?

Only because of these two things (plus sometimes the search problem) i have to use chrome to login.

6. @adarsh Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018

@adarsh, Sep 27, 2018 :
    thanks ruby, one question...
    can you guys make it possible to change number of rows and columns in app drawer and home screen just like nova launcher?

7. xnutzii Lollipop Sep 27, 2018

xnutzii, Sep 27, 2018 :
    DEFINITELY yay for that darkmode!!!!

8. aldoioel23 Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

aldoioel23, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hello can you help me :)

I found a bug with the launcher: the notification dots doesn't go in the app box.. you open the notifcation on the desktop but still in the app box (this happens for WhatsApp and Messenger)
    Another one: when you change the size of the icons, in the launcher the app box doesn't change until you hide/show the shelf.

Is anyone having these bugs too?

:(

9. TonioLA Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2018

TonioLA, Sep 27, 2018 :
    I think this launcher needs juste a bit more customisation like Google bar place and shape.

10. F_Aditya_Tanwar_CSsn Eclair Sep 27, 2018

F_Aditya_Tanwar_CSsn, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi,
    Why does the Camera app does not allow to click portraits in 18:9.
    I feel 18:9 portraits would look beautiful.
    Device-Oneplus 5t

11. B1537264420962 Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

B1537264420962, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Earlier there was a shortcut button for alarms, in the alert display. Now after the software update, its gone or hidden. If so, where is it know? Or please put it back if its removed

12. bighairydel Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

bighairydel, Sep 27, 2018 :
    can you add a stamina mode like you have on some phones where when your battery is low. you basically turn it into a call and txt phone only and increase the battery significantly?

13. tijmen234 Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

tijmen234, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi Jimmy,

I know a lot of people who own an iPhone because of the superior image quality and user experience on Snapchat.
    Are there any plans to team up with Snapchat and tilt these aspects to a higher level?

Thanks!

Tijmen

14. Kytharsis Marshmallow Sep 27, 2018

Kytharsis, Sep 27, 2018 :
    What I wanna know most is... what is the Community app based on, if not custom-coded for the forum, and why do people keep screwing up on image uploads so often?

15. airiartev Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2018

airiartev, Sep 28, 2018 :
    Needs:

Customisable grid
    Removable margins
    Much more gestures and customisable
    A quickview like Action Launcher with an extra page on the right
    Option to view the widget of an app like in Action Laucher

If you add that, I am in.

16. arun_sesu Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

arun_sesu, Sep 28, 2018 :
    @bob.c is there any possibility of getting notifications number batch instead of dot in the OnePlus launcher

2. most of the users asking for more fonts support instead of 2 for long time or some users atleast support for ifont or any other font app without root like Samsung

3. OnePlus community app. ruffle section alone not working. why is so

17. Hemac Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

Hemac, Sep 28, 2018 :
    Hi,

1. can we have app drawer grid settings and icon sizing (custom sizing) in app drawer? (Needed more customising settings in OP launcher)

2. why we are not allowed to use OnePlus widget on nova launcher? please bring a solution to this.

3. can you provide dark mode in community app?

thank you! :)

the_reckoner likes this.
  18. meatandy Oreo Sep 28, 2018

meatandy, Sep 28, 2018 :
    I tried the app two different times and could not bring myself to like the ease of navigation , it just felt cumbersome .
    Maybe I am just a creature of old habit using a browser to visit the forum.

19. kodomolion Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

kodomolion, Sep 28, 2018 :
    1. screen saver function needs to be useful. at least make it resemble the Ambient Display whereby we can see alert icons for missed calls and alert icons

2. Gallery app needs to allow users to zoom in further on any images. just compare the zoom in limit with google photos and u can see the difference immediately.

20. mehulgupta462 Gingerbread Sep 28, 2018

mehulgupta462, Sep 28, 2018 :
    Pls add features in the launcher like
    payment apps like oneplus pay
    more colour calibration options in display settings
    always on display
    a fitness and music app
    @Bob C.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018