Ask our Software Team: Part 2 – Bug Hunting

1. Sunnyharsha Eclair Oct 8, 2018

2. Rahul Amate Cupcake Oct 8, 2018

Rahul Amate, Oct 8, 2018 :
    When I Taking Potrait photos it's Showing depth effect and Camera focus not taken so fix this problem

E1519275791966 likes this.
  3. Shrish.vvy Gingerbread Oct 8, 2018

Shrish.vvy, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Hi Shine, I have following questions:-

1. We all know that Project treble allows OEM's to deliver faster updates but how the inclusion of project treble going to benefit development team in their work?

2. How do you capture user's requirement I mean which software process model do you guys used?

3. When OnePlus 5/5T will receive stable Android Pie builds(approximate timeline)?

4. Will OnePlus 3/3T receiving Project treble support?

5. Which is the most difficult software bug you guys managed to fix?

4. Srv.oneplus Eclair Oct 8, 2018

Srv.oneplus, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Q. 1... can we get gray notification with white text inside on notification panel... instead of white notification with balck text inside? it would be great for black theme.

Q. 2...can we expect digital wellbeing And app slice in future on OOS?

5. xezres_Ashish Froyo Oct 8, 2018

xezres_Ashish, Oct 8, 2018 :
    After updating pie on OnePlus 6 .
    1.Brigtness problem- Not bright as Before.
    2. Performance-While playing some games (like PUBG,San Andreas) optimisation is worst .Choppy and framedrops seen during playing.Before the update performance was excellent.
    3.call drop.
    4.wifi range.
    5.NFC problem.
    Please fix it with ota update.

6. MANYA_1999 Honeycomb Oct 8, 2018

MANYA_1999, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Well I know this is an AMA,not bug report,but I still want to know whether that camera2api on OP5/5T is fixable or not?There are 4 major bugs in there.
    I just want to know if oneplus is even aware of this issue.Many users have already reported these bugs,and half of the bugs are solved by XDA devs(without source code),and these developers won't even mind if you copy their work:p.

I can understand how challenging the work of bug hunting can be.What was the toughest bug to solve you even encountered ever in Oneplus phones?

7. Q1519283898458 Cupcake Oct 8, 2018

8. oneplus23456 Eclair Oct 8, 2018

oneplus23456, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Hi OnePlus Team,
    I am a big fan of OnePlus and I am owning OnePlus 3 since June,2016. I must say that you have actually taken extra miles when it comes to delivering value for money products.

But one issue which keeps haunting many OnePlus devices is the call echo. Whenever you call a person,he hears the echo of his own voice.
    I experienced it very badly and tried almost all possible workarounds including approaching service centers and getting the motherboard,back cover replaced while the device was in warranty. But nothing helped and I still get the echo issue.
    I found that this issue is very much frequent among other OnePlus users and everyone who faces it is just helpless like me.
    I could also see that there is an app called Defluence which can fix this problem if the device is rooted (which means its very much a software issue)
    But the sad part is despite many people have complained about the same ,OnePlus never took it to their notice and never cared to fix the software bug.
    This makes me as a customer disappointed that you are one hand showcase yourselves as an open to feedback community but on the other side turn a deaf ear to these serious issues which impacts the basic functionality of a mobile handset.
    I really hope my effort of writing this big note is not wasted and someone from OnePlus actually reads it.
    I hope OnePlus fixes this software glitch in the next update.

Regards,
    Gaurav

9. GeNiUs5 Gingerbread Oct 8, 2018

GeNiUs5, Oct 8, 2018 :
    I am happy with this opportunity!
    1. Are you male or female? And from which country are you?
    2. Do you work from home only? Or do you have a time in an office or similar?

Thank you really!

Bouncer71 likes this.
  10. buruaden786 Gingerbread Oct 8, 2018

buruaden786, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Ok so I got one question.
    Why cant we download large aaps from google play store via wifi?
    Its been since 5T launch and no solution for this.

11. avinashvajralaa Cupcake Oct 8, 2018

avinashvajralaa, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Hi.
    The new OS release PIE has issues with contact number display when we use shortcut dialpad. the number displays twice for few contacts. Reason is format of saved number. Ex: +91 9949 911 221 +919949911221. spaces between numbers is creating duplicate.

12. SJBoss Lollipop Oct 8, 2018

SJBoss, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Hello Shine!
    nice to meet you too.

Question 1. what do you think is the most underrated feature of Oxygen OS?
    Question 2. what makes you not nuke people who post all that "bug" threads without even basic info?

have a nice day/week/year/life! (in case you don't login back here :p)

Bouncer71, Ash645 and MANYA_1999 like this.
  13. Deep_Shende_ Cupcake Oct 8, 2018

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018

14. shadab147 Froyo Oct 8, 2018

15. SJBoss Lollipop Oct 8, 2018

SJBoss, Oct 8, 2018 :
    When it's Ready, No ETAs
    Never.
    amount of stupid people is...
    [​IMG]
    too damn high.

Ash645 likes this.
  16. srinivasb2597B Cupcake Oct 8, 2018

srinivasb2597B, Oct 8, 2018 :
    why don't we get the stock pixel settings page look in colourful mode ,and why don't the quick settings pane won't turn true dark in dark mode,and I'm not getting enough battery to complete my day as I was getting it from oxygen os 5.1.8 though it has an brightness issue,and I would even think why aren't true rounded icons as the one of pixel and a recent apps page with no app suggestions!!!!!!!!!why??????? OnePlus

17. G_Mitchou_Ptchou_SjmZ Froyo Oct 8, 2018

G_Mitchou_Ptchou_SjmZ, Oct 8, 2018 :
    Hi,
    How do you feel that moment when you don't read people's comments because OP has to convince people that you hear them even if you won't be reading their questions at all?

Fun factor:
    Make people think they have any power or opinion even they don't have any.

Cheers have a good day.

18. mervyn@100597 Eclair Oct 8, 2018

19. jdyadav93 Cupcake Oct 8, 2018

20. TINDER TECHNICAL YOUTUBER Eclair Oct 8, 2018

TINDER TECHNICAL YOUTUBER, Oct 8, 2018 :
    lots of problem in android pie gesture legging, wifi crash blutooth crash playstore not works boot time to high.also installing twrp recovery is major issue..fix these...as soon as possible