Ask our Software Team: Part 2 – Bug Hunting

1. keneth kemei Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

keneth kemei, Feb 22, 2019 :
    There is a security glitch with my oneplus 6t it happens when am listening to music using my bullets wireless i can bypass my security pattern by just swipping up please do assist

2. mittalamrita.20 Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

mittalamrita.20, Feb 22, 2019 :
    Having problems with my oneplus 6 after this update, power button not working, battery is 100% from 10hrs, wallpaper is setting to default again and again, don't know what's the issue is

3. K1548834752756 Cupcake Feb 22, 2019

K1548834752756, Feb 22, 2019 :
    why am I not able to put the handset on vibration mode while adjusting the volume? it should be possible by taping the bell icon. I find this a shortcoming.

4. rasheedkottayil Cupcake Feb 23, 2019

5. Hoqmeister Froyo Feb 23, 2019

6. J1548448426294 Cupcake Feb 23, 2019

7. Rao garu Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

Rao garu, Feb 24, 2019 :
    hi bro I have the same problem
    can got solution from OnePlus pls reply

8. L1550720896994 Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

9. K1551041059375 Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

K1551041059375, Feb 24, 2019 :
    I really love my OnePlus phone. I've only had one problem with it so far. the voice to text worked a lot better in my old phone. it makes a lot of mistakes.

I just texted somebody something about a coat hanger and it heard 'cold anger'
    mistakes like that are happening very often. that hardly happened it all before (with my Samsung phone) can I update it or something?

10. Oneforme2 Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

11. esirak Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

esirak, Feb 24, 2019 :
    Hi @shine!

I was wondering if there was a bug with the default messaging app regarding receiving regular text (SMS) messages. I've noticed that when I receive messages, no matter the length of the text, at a certain length it gets cut off and placed into a different text bubble. while this is manageable, I was hoping that it was a bug and could be fixed in some future update?

Thank you!

12. Vedzee Cupcake Feb 25, 2019

Vedzee, Feb 25, 2019 :
    Hey Guys... Um having a unique problem with my OnePlus 6T 8GB/128GB model.... since um using reliance Jio VolTE... every 2-3 days the phone stops receiving incoming calls and all I hear when I call from some other phone is that my phone is switched off but I don't switch off my OnePlus... so I have to put my OnePlus on airplane mode and back to start receiving calls... again it happened after 2 days and again same procedure but the problem persists .. could u please help me?? um having trouble since it's my primary phone...

Thank You

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019

13. X1551203238272 Cupcake Feb 26, 2019

X1551203238272, Feb 26, 2019 :
    hi! ever since the upgrade to Android pie, my apps keep hanging. Messaging and FB messenger keeps stopping.

bdwaiki and esirak like this.
  14. G_Cliff_M_JeTt Eclair Feb 26, 2019

G_Cliff_M_JeTt, Feb 26, 2019 :
    Good day,

Based on what I read and heard, ALL the hardcore FANBOYS/FANGIRLS will NOT be honest & transparent about the problems they have, ever.

Why?
    Because psychologically, they have to put in their mind that their hard money and the choice they made was put in the right spot (even it's not).

We have 2 OnePlus 6T and in the process of being swap/trade-in for S10 & S10 Plus.

Reasons?
    * Camera is BLURRY & WASHED OUT (so we end up installing the Google Pixel 3 XL APK and it's much better, clearer & sharper)
    * Battery life is shorter now (especially after 9.0.3 update for T-Mobile version)
    * The call quality is not as clear & loud, like our NOTE 9 & S7 EDGE
    * SOFTWARE UPDATE for the T-Mobile version is very late, as OnePlus is not giving the software to T-Mobile in a faster fashion (OnePlus people already said that they still not given the new software update to T-Mobile)
    * Bluetooth is constantly dropping since last update
    * Etc........(means many more problems)

For the people who are reading this: "YES, we reported it (sent multiple bug report), then called the customer service/technical support that's in the Philippines for 8 times, then Factory Reset, clear this and that, uninstall this and that, etc.... with the SAME results.

The ONLY REASONS that many people who are using T-Mobile (USA) bought it was (this is based on ALL forums, sales agents in the stores, social network, etc.....:):
    * It's CHEAP
    * Futuristic In Display fingerprint
    * People heard the faster software updates (but we are duped, because it isn't)
    * The $300 trade-in
    * And support the underdog mantra

Those are the FACTS but to OnePlus (they don't care) & to the FANBOYS/FANGIRLS, they will sweep it under the rug & talk about 5G now.

Have a great day to y'all

bdwaiki likes this.
  15. bdwaiki Donut Feb 26, 2019

bdwaiki, Feb 26, 2019 :
    Privacy concerns:

Bug reporting:

I receive bug report notification on my 6T after I take screenshots. My phone wants me to instantly send them off to an unknown location.

I thought my phone had been hacked as the bug reporting feature is not privacy-friendly.

I selected the option to send via email to see what would happen. This is how I learned where the bug report was going (OnePlus) and some of the information being sent.

My personal photos (screenshots) and a zip file were included with the email. The bug reporting feature automatically includes private documents without my authorization or knowledge.

This raises many red flags for me & I have not allowed any of the bugs to be sent as a result.

---
    Face recognition:

I do not use this feature or like it. I do not like the phone's camera being activated at all times.

I receive notifications that my face was not recognized when I thought the feature was disabled.

This raises red flags for me.

16. X1551203238272 Cupcake Feb 27, 2019

X1551203238272, Feb 27, 2019 :
    Hi! I am also a 5T user. My issue is after the upgrade, my Messages and Messenger keep crashing. Do you encounter the same? And photos received are now blurred.

bdwaiki, G_Cliff_M_JeTt and esirak like this.
  17. bdwaiki Donut Feb 27, 2019

bdwaiki, Feb 27, 2019 :
    I have noticed my messenger freeze frequently & sometimes crashes. I am not sure if it was since the last update or not.

18. Kultiv8r Donut Feb 27, 2019

Kultiv8r, Feb 27, 2019 :
    My Bluetooth won't stay on. Everytime I get a call or if I hit the home button it shuts off

G_Cliff_M_JeTt likes this.
  19. Lone_Wolf_23 Cupcake Feb 28, 2019

Lone_Wolf_23, Feb 28, 2019 :
    In my OnePlus 6 I'm facing wifi issue.... it's not working properly ,play store and Google chrome are not working on wifi but YouTube works fine ...I started facing this issue after installing January security patch...plz help me out.

G_Cliff_M_JeTt likes this.
  20. Hoqmeister Froyo Feb 28, 2019

Hoqmeister, Feb 28, 2019 :
    I had this wifi issue too, a router reboot fixed it I hope that works for you as well..

Lone_Wolf_23 likes this.