Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera

1. Logancd1 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2018

Logancd1, Oct 17, 2018 :
    I mean I did just suggest that you use a real camera to take these photos rather than a smartphone camera, but sure, put words in my mouth. Or put them on my keyboard...? I don't know what the terminology is here.

Didn't say that's how it worked, and that's not what I said. Again, I appreciate you putting words in my mouth. Or on my keyboard or whatever.

None of this belongs in this thread. I won't be continuing to post here regarding this issue.

2. Miratek Honeycomb Oct 17, 2018

Miratek, Oct 17, 2018 :
    I'm laughing about forum members who claim something but can't really explain what they mean. And as I can see you have no answer for the issue (but lost a lot of words about it) I still thank you for your answers - even if I have no solution yet.

That's why my question should be answered by someone who really knows about the OnePlus 6 camera - The OnePlus Software Team.

ty27tp likes this.
  3. Kytharsis Lollipop Oct 17, 2018

Kytharsis, Oct 17, 2018 :
    Two words: digital zoom. There's no telephoto lens so it's cropping the image and stretching the pixels.

MikeG247 and otto2 like this.
  4. G_R.s._Balaji_xsJj Donut Oct 18, 2018

G_R.s._Balaji_xsJj, Oct 18, 2018 :
    one plus 6 slow motion video is very worst.there some kind of flickering in screen and it gets very dark .in normal video mode it works absokutetly fine.what the solution for this?

5. youngkosmos Eclair Oct 18, 2018

6. youngkosmos Eclair Oct 18, 2018

youngkosmos, Oct 18, 2018 :
    slo-mo requires very high shutter speed. So, high shutter speed causes less light to enter the camera sensor. Hence, it gets darker. The higher the frame per second of a video, the higher the shutter speed.

otto2 and G_R.s._Balaji_xsJj like this.
  7. G_beeki_damodaram_SmLX Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

G_beeki_damodaram_SmLX, Oct 18, 2018 :
    LOCK ISSUE : Hi Team in one plus 6 i am facing lock issue. immediately after locking the phone if we try to open it is not asking for any pattern or pin and phone is opened. There is no security because of this bug. Please advice

8. I1539827353641 Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

9. czarshaikh Donut Oct 18, 2018

czarshaikh, Oct 18, 2018 :
    please give us an update for the front camera and stop this skin smothering! :(
    #nofilteronepluss

JAGADISH BHATTA likes this.
  10. Hasmukh313 Gingerbread Oct 18, 2018

Hasmukh313, Oct 18, 2018 :
    Hi Jimmy,
    Only one question!

Gallery app UI is worst I've ever seen, we can't even move photo from one album to other album xD

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018

11. Sriharsha Koduru Gingerbread Oct 18, 2018

Sriharsha Koduru, Oct 18, 2018 :
    personal question: Which is your favourite OnePlus 6 feature?

The other question: Will OnePlus 6 get a dedicated low light mode in future updates ?

12. G_R.s._Balaji_xsJj Donut Oct 18, 2018

G_R.s._Balaji_xsJj, Oct 18, 2018 :
    mine is calculator [e]1f602[/e]
    when u type 1+ = it shows never settle

13. Jimmy Z. OxygenOS PM Staff Member Oct 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Oct 18, 2018 :
    We have subjective and objective testing. For objective testing we will measure some data like texture, noise, color, dynamic range, artifacts, and autoexposure in our image lab. We will give them each a score, and then we’ll calculate a final score to see if it’s good enough.

For subjective testing, we will take several photos with different flagship devices in the same scenario. We will compare the photos side by side to see which one is the best. If ours is not the best, we will tune to make it close to the best one. Sometimes we also do some blind tests to find the best one, as some community users have seen before.

14. Jimmy Z. OxygenOS PM Staff Member Oct 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Oct 18, 2018 :
    It’s possible as the technology is developing all the time.

15. Jimmy Z. OxygenOS PM Staff Member Oct 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Oct 18, 2018 :
    We always think about offering simple experiences. For our camera, manual video options is too complicated for most of our users so this kind of professional features are lower in priority for us.

16. Jimmy Z. OxygenOS PM Staff Member Oct 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Oct 18, 2018 :
    We don’t think it’s very necessary because too much blurriness makes the photo look unnatural. We always make the suitable amount of depth of field in our portrait mode.

HarshKK14, Xtermy, Devghost and 28 others like this.
  17. Mahadev Venkatesh Eclair Oct 18, 2018

Mahadev Venkatesh, Oct 18, 2018 :
    hey could you improve the low levels that photography in the next update the pic in low light photography show alot of graining
    1539833965906.jpg

18. Jimmy Z. OxygenOS PM Staff Member Oct 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Oct 18, 2018 :
    We are preparing a BIG improvement for OnePlus 6 users. We will release it in a very near future.

19. Mahadev Venkatesh Eclair Oct 18, 2018

Mahadev Venkatesh, Oct 18, 2018 :
    thanks alot for the information and reply

otto2, Bouncer71 and Jimmy Z. like this.
  20. Jimmy Z. OxygenOS PM Staff Member Oct 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Oct 18, 2018 :
    We have Pixel, iPhone, Samsung and so many other mobile phones in our company as comparison devices. I don’t need to own any of them personally. I have a Sony A7II and I really love it.

PandaOsten, Adiker, Xtermy and 29 others like this.