Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera

1. X1539789459311
    Eclair Oct 18, 2018

X1539789459311 , Oct 18, 2018 :
    yaa I tried it & by using finger print to..but while taking photo.. photos don't look good...

2. Chinaroad
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2018

Chinaroad , Oct 18, 2018 :
    Oh god, i never said that the painting effect was the only problem, i said in the picture the guy attatched it was obvious, and i said in other comments what were the other problems and i'm not talking about selfies only, and i even said that other flagships dont have this kind of issues like blurry and noisy pics, and that Gcam fixed many of it, so it's clearly a software issue, so yes that's why we want them to fix it because it is doable, if it was hardware we knew we were screwed but it's only software, we are not hoping for a dslr quality , we are hoping for pictures that match other phones in term of quality because it's doable, again we are not asking for miracles, we are asking for what should have been done since the beginning.

panthimanshu and MetalSir like this.
  3. Artur101
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2018

Artur101 , Oct 18, 2018 :
    There's always room for improvement, I already said that. Just be realistic, and don't expect miracles. And speaking of Gcam, yes, I saw some sample photos and some of them did look somewhat better, but it needs to be well implemented to work in every situation. So far it doesn't seem to be the case, as far as I know. And again, I'm pretty even though the camera performance gets improved there will be always people moaning about silly things. That's just how people are.

4. Fidda
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2018

Fidda , Oct 18, 2018 :
    Probably because the stabilization of the device was bad. When taking a photo try holding the phone in as many points as possible and do your best to keep it steady. The quality of the image is not influenced by the button you use to take the picture (at least not by the software).

5. Artur101
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2018

Let me refresh your memory with your own comment:

"Where does he look like a human, the first pic looks like it was painted with oil painting or even an effect was applied to it with thos app that make it looks like a painting"

If that was not moaning about the oil painting effect then I think my English is not good enough, lol!

I won't be going with this over and over because there's not much point. I already said there's always room for improvement, but people will always complain no matter what.

6. X1539789459311
    Eclair Oct 18, 2018

X1539789459311 , Oct 18, 2018 :
    yaa I don't get stability..if screen touch option was there..&&when im using back camera of my pH for few minutes..the back side of the camera getting heated...what will be the issue... software..or...??

7. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2018

JAGADISH BHATTA , Oct 18, 2018 :
    This is the main reason why we want OP to fix stock one plus camera

8. Chinaroad
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2018

Chinaroad , Oct 18, 2018 :
    Then look at the post #285 and #168
    And this is a Q/A thread, it is supposed to be that way, criticism lead to improve things, did you see anybody complaining about the screen or performance or anything else? no because they are good. if we don't tell them their camera is awful they will never fix it, and as said before, we are asking for it to be as it should be not asking for miracles

panthimanshu, MetalSir and Linxx like this.
  9. Artur101
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2018

I'm pretty sure they're busy working on it :)

JAGADISH BHATTA likes this.
  10. Sreejesh Sreedharan
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

Sreejesh Sreedharan , Oct 18, 2018 :
    Hi Jimmy,

Please consider of adding filters in live camera screen. I think it's better and enhances the beauty of portrait mode rather than adding filters post image capture.

Regards
    Sreejesh

11. Sidharth Shrivastav
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2018

12. Shibasish patel
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

Shibasish patel , Oct 18, 2018 :
    can u add manual adjustment of blur in portrait mode because sometimes the blur provided doesnt look perfect

13. Arun_Kumar_R7
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

Arun_Kumar_R7 , Oct 18, 2018 :
    Given that oneplus 6T is the next focus for OnePlus team, are there any work taken to speed to updates for OnePlus 5 and oneplus 5T? front portrait is still pending for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5t since it was launched.

14. Izhar_Ul_Haq
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

Izhar_Ul_Haq , Oct 18, 2018 :
    I feel that Oneplus 5 portrait mode is better than Oneplus 6 portrait mode cause in Oneplus 5 for second camera telephoto lens is used which is accurate comparing to Oneplus 6 second normal lens which uses software ínstead of hardware for focussing the object.
    Why is this change from Oneplus 5 to Oneplus 6 is made?
    Why not telephoto lens for Oneplus 6?

15. E1531280818225
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

16. Linxx
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2018

Linxx , Oct 18, 2018 :
    What difficulty prevents you/the team from implementing the ability to copy or cut and paste a photo or video from one folder to another or to a new user-created folder from within the gallery app?

When do you estimate that you/the team will overcome this difficulty and add this feature to the gallery app?

17. DB djonsson
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

DB djonsson , Oct 18, 2018 :
    - Low light video camera problem

Hi,

very nice of you to be in such close contact with the community.

Since the Pie update my video camera is incredibly dark in low light. I made a screenshot of both the video recorder and the photo camera display. You can see the difference very much. Third party apps like snapchat display the resolution normally. Definitely a bug.

thanks!
    1539892389312.jpg

1539892389370.jpg

18. Fidda
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2018

Fidda , Oct 18, 2018 :
    @Jimmy Z. I appreciate the answer to my previous question but allow me to ask one more thing.

Could you make the flash light when you focus (if it's enabled), so you have a better preview of the image you are taking?

Edit: When I tried focusing with the flash on earlier it didn't light, now it does. Is it because now it's darker, is it a bug or is it something else done on purpose?

19. Stefpoppe
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2018

Stefpoppe , Oct 18, 2018 :
    Is there a possibility that you guys make an app to browse your mails. An app that is easier to use than the outlook app and the Gmail app. I'm sure you guys can make something better ;)

20. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Oct 18, 2018

Bouncer71 , Oct 18, 2018 :
    Mostly even a camera for the price of your phone won't give you the desired results...
    How about burst shots...?

otto2 likes this.