Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera

1. utsav17 Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

utsav17, Oct 15, 2018 :
    so u r the guy, jimmy , responsible for shittiest gallery app and worst camera optimisation. ill be brutally honest.....u and ur team sucks. you seem unqualified for a job since its been two years and u couldnt fix OnePlus 5 post image processing and now its OnePlus 6 with even WORSE image processing than earlier. i am sure OnePlus 6T will carry the legacy coz of unqualified guys like you.
    hell leave post image processing you couldn't tune in the simplest thing of decreasing saturation....every single reviewer and photographer reviewing camera of OnePlus 6 in initial stages complained about it. time went on and its even worse with additional oil painting effect and increased noisiness.
    talking about gallery : Featureless and way too simple. i reported a bug 6 months ago of pictures being randomly stretched. team reported will be fixed in next update. 6 months and 6 updates have passed and still same useless buggy gallery.
    I don't know what kind of apporach u applied or reservation you had for this job but you suck at your job. Recruitment team is equally stupid i guess

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018

2. utsav17 Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

utsav17, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Tbh 2mp front camera of my old iphone 6 is 1oox better than OnePlus 6's front especially after android Pie

3. leoxn94 Cupcake Oct 15, 2018

leoxn94, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Personal: Are you enjoy taking pictures with your OnePlus devices ?
    Technical: Is there any improvements on OnePlus 6 camera in the future? OP6 can be better XD

01baftb and Jimmy Z. like this.
  4. damnitjoshua Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

damnitjoshua, Oct 15, 2018 :
    There's a significant shutter lag when pressing the shutter button and when it actually takes a pic. I reported this via feedback a few months ago but the issue still persists.

Side note, I've tried the Pixel 3's Camera apk port for OnePlus 6 and it takes significantly better photos than by using stock. Best thing is that is no shutter lag! This can only mean that software on the pixels in terms of image processing is still far more superior than the one found in OxygenOS, obviously. So my question is will we see a shift in focus on image processing in the future? Especially when we're living in a world where a phone with one camera can easily beat any phone with two or more via incredible software.

Thanks to the software team for all the hard work to get Pie running on OnePlus 6. You guys are amazing!

5. Filippo.Monti Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

6. saif92112000 Eclair Oct 15, 2018

saif92112000, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Please Improve low light photography, video stabilization and provide galary lock or folder lock (password/ffingerprint) inside gallery.

7. prasannaraja2 Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

prasannaraja2, Oct 15, 2018 :
    only one question

have one plus never checked google camera mod,it is much better than one plus camera,hdr + is really great,you only have a good pro mode

8. the_o2 Marshmallow Oct 15, 2018

the_o2, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Hi @Jimmy Z.
    1)Why editing of slow motion videos is not possible through gallery app, what changes we except in the future updates of Gallery app.

Personal
    2) Do you have Pixel or iPhone in personal to compare things for mobile photography and which DSLR camera you own if any...

Jimmy Z. and Dresa91 like this.
  9. F_Aditya_Tanwar_CSsn Eclair Oct 15, 2018

10. kedauste Donut Oct 15, 2018

kedauste, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Hi everyone.
    For my part am just wondering why people ask professional abilities to a smartphone ?

Herbert_Lagos likes this.
  11. arnav903 Cupcake Oct 15, 2018

arnav903, Oct 15, 2018 :
    I just have a question that's related to work!
    Is there any way you could try to improve slow motion on 5/5T because 720p @120fps is really not very helpful. The SD835 definitely supports better slow-mo videos so it would be great if you could add upto 240fps. Also are there gonna be any improvements to panorama mode as currently it is nearly of no use?

12. termit7 Froyo Oct 15, 2018

termit7, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Hi!
    1. How you see the development concept of the oneplus camera?
    2. Is it possible to type people enthusiasts for example from the forum oneplus who would share information with you by testing the camera in auto mode vs pro , which settings from about can be transferred to auto mode for the best quality?
    Thanks!

13. adi66950 Donut Oct 15, 2018

14. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 15, 2018

AnonymousWP, Oct 15, 2018 :
    That has nothing to do with the made picture. WhatsApp compresses it..

Herbert_Lagos and otto2 like this.
  15. chriskoups Froyo Oct 15, 2018

chriskoups, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Personal:
    How OnePlus treats you?? :D

Work:
    Can you give us the opportunity to control the secondary camera manual?
    i think is quite unfair having hardware that we cannot control! I have the OP5, OP5T and i will buy the OP6T in 2 weeks ([e]1f60d[/e]) but what disturbs me is that, in manual mode i cannot choose the camera that it may perform better!
    Example: I like taking picture of nature (usually just before sunset) and a low light sensor will be much better because i can decrease the shutter speed or the ISO...... Also, with the OP5, i would like to have some "macro" but i cannot control the secondary camera..

It is like buying a car and having an electric throttle! Yes i know it can have work arounds through rooting but why not having that opportunity natively? OnePlus is not the cheap company anymore and software features usually do not cost too much!

hennes and otto2 like this.
  16. otto2 Lollipop Oct 15, 2018

otto2, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Hello @Jimmy Z. :

Question One.

How did you feel at hamburg camera event, when we confrontated you with all the critics and issues and our different view regarding "Beauty mode" and image processing? Since @Dunnow and i went directly at the point without diplomatic phrases.

Question two:

At Hamburg camera event we asked about a lot of changes / feautures. Some of them are implemented right now,which is really great, some others not. Some of the not implemented features have been asked in this thread before,i hope they ll get answered. At all we always asked ( and will ask) about more control to achieve better image quality. Are there any plans for a better interaction with interested Users, for example a kind of open / closed beta group which is aimed to get a better camera experience?

Right now we can only send some feedback here in the community, but there s no dedicated place to discuss (and TEST !!! ) new functions regarding camera optimisation. Here you ll find a lot of interested and talented / skilled photographers who surely will inspire your team ,since we all want to get the way best possible pictures out of the Camera s hardware.
    Using this resources would help a lot in my opinion.

17. Venky61 Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2018

Venky61, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Personal Q
    What is your favorite Image Editing App?

Work
    Why can't the default image be 16:9 instead of it being a cropped in image as available right now?

woSch and Dresa91 like this.
  18. woSch Lollipop Oct 15, 2018

woSch, Oct 15, 2018 :
    Hallo @Jimmy Z.,

thank you for your Part in 'Ask our Software Team' Round!

- First Pics I'm taking with new Smartphones always are like this
    IMG_20180612_063427-01.jpeg
    to get a feeling for the shortest focus distance cause i like 'macro'....but I've recognized that when I use ProMode with preselectet macro-focus in shortest distance and use the phone-screen moving the Phone forward and back for getting the right focus there is a dismatch between 'screen-sharp' and 'picture-sharp' (Auto-Mode is no Option cause there are only a few mm for the 'right' focus) ... I'm puzzled. o_O
    IMG_20180625_165236-01_001.jpg
    Is this a solveble issue? That would be great!

IMG_20180807_200853-01.jpeg
    this i an egg of Chrysoperla carnea

IMG_20180807_200351-01.jpeg
    OP5T stock cam & Snapseed

Edit: unfortunately I couldn't attend Open Ears Forum in HH ... but a 'handfull forum buddies and photo enthusiasts' are in close contact here in the forum and some also private, so I support @otto2 suggestions and of course the UI Interpretation of @hennes :)

Edit: see also
    @otto2: Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera
    @hennes: Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera
    @ty27tp: Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera regarding the same issue

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

19. G_Pranathi_Gandrakota_JK Donut Oct 15, 2018

satz1705 and gaurav27jul like this.
  20. ankitthakur9 Cupcake Oct 15, 2018

ankitthakur9, Oct 15, 2018 :
    same issue I am facing on my OnePlus 6 device

mehulgupta462 likes this.