Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera

1. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2018

AcmE85 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Why did you chose such a poor lens on the OP6? Didn't anybody test this before production?
    Sharpness is unbalanced and reduced to the corners of an image.
    I see this on almost all of my shots, but is especially easy to notice this when snapping a paper with text for example.

2. Manuthakur900
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

Manuthakur900 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    camera issues...there is camera lag and blurry image in the dark and can't even captrue picture with little movement ...sample shot attached..please fix this
    1539682647447.jpg

1539682647633.jpg

1539682647758.jpg

3. Ankitsaini7742
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

4. Shivar911
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

Shivar911 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    would it be possible to use the secondary camera as part of an hdr function, also to take shots with multiple focus points that are adjustable after taking the picture

5. vijaykirann
    Froyo Oct 16, 2018

6. ukegs
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

ukegs , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Hello. There is my comparsion of alternative camera aps...
    imx519 module is capable to shot much better pics, look especialy at far distances

gcam 5.1
    [​IMG]

stock
    [​IMG]
    gcam 5.3
    [​IMG]

joshdigit likes this.
  7. smitbhagat
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2018

smitbhagat , Oct 16, 2018 :
    1539686711542.jpg
    Hi @Jimmy Z.
    I own an Oneplus 5 .The following image,when i took it,was of 6mb in size from the stock camera app.
    But when i zoom into the image,all the details are lost. May be your team need to cut down on post processing a little bit. A little noise in the pictures is acceptable,compared to increase in the details. The photos taken from the 16mp front camera are not good either.
    Thanks to you and your team in advance.

8. Chinaroad
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2018

Chinaroad , Oct 16, 2018 :
    I will just say like all the others and like in this thread :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-6-camera-takes-blurry-and-noisy-pictures.864226/page-50
    The camera app really is bad, look how the Gcam is far better (details, not burnt colors, not over saturation, not over sharpness...)and it's ported by people who tries to improve it each time without even asking for payment, like really why are you screwing it up each time. i know it's easy for us to critisize, but come on , we all know that it's not a hardware issue, and we are all here because we know it can be so much better, we are not asking for the impossible, we are just asking for things to be as good as they should be, and we hope you listen to us.

9. papia
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

papia , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Hi Jimmy, my device is OP3T. As you probably know, even reading on the forum, I was one of those who was forced to assist because they have replaced the room module. Now after a month I find myself in the same situation .... Night photos full of noise, auto focus impractical during the day, which changes depending on the inclination of the phone.
    Now I ask you (even if they already asked you)
    Is it a software or hardware problem?
    If it were a hardware problem because it showed up again a month after the camera module was replaced?
    Why then some have solved with the installation of the GCAM? So is it a Software problem?
    I think it is necessary to clarify this thing.
    It's the third time that I send the phone to assistance ...

Thank you,

10. papia
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

papia , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Hi Jimmy, my device is OP3T.
    I have folders with photos of my daughter ranging from, for example, XXXX_01 to XXXX_2000

In the collections of the stock gallery, they are placed in order XXXX_01 then arrives at XXXX_199 and instead of continuing with XXXX_200 continues with XXXX_1000. I obviously had to install an alternative gallery.
    Why do you make such trivial mistakes? It's a simple list by name ….
    Thanx

11. Z1536020925363
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

12. POLU786
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

POLU786 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    can you please optimize camera app of oneplus 6 just like pixel 3 and add all feature of pixel 3 camera because pixel 3 camera app is best

13. amirul_lisan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2018

amirul_lisan , Oct 16, 2018 :
    I own an OnePlus 5T since last December. Compared to the Stock Camera, Google Camera port on OnePlus 5T produces significantly better images even in low light.

My question is, if independent developers over at XDA can port Google Camera on OnePlus devices which REALLY improves overall Image Quality (starting from Software Blurs in Portrait Modes to Colors, Sharpness, Details, Dynamic Range and all) in all OnePlus Devices then why OnePlus Camera Team doesn't do the same, tweak and optimize the app for our devices for producing Superior Image Quality? What are the blockers?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018

otto2 and syamkg12345 like this.
  14. syamkg12345
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2018

syamkg12345 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Good question!!! The same has been bugging my mind too. Now a days, Google camera port require root access too. I don't like to root the device & was hoping one plus to do something about the stock app.

amirul_lisan likes this.
  15. sskanth999
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

sskanth999 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    1) Need to improve portrait photo image processing. Some times look unrealistic like pasting people's face on some blurred image instead of realistic.
    2) With android pie super slow motion had got issues like video stops a second before going to next frame. Can you please resolve that issue.

16. amolrane6290
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

amolrane6290 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    First of all Thank you for opening this forum.
    and apologies for more than 1 work related questions.

Work -
    Q#1: Does Oneplus has any plan to update Gallery Application to enable focus editing after taking portrait photos? Not sure if it will require update to camera app as well. (Just like we can edit slow-mo video from gallery)

Q#2: Some time my camera application crashed while switching from Auto to Portrait mode. Screen went black and then I had to kill the application and restart. I am running OP 6 on latest available update.

Q#3: This repeated, and thus Important. Please improve Portrait mode edge detection, Background Blur. Even in bright light images are as nearly same as auto mode.

Q#4: Again repeated but Important, Please add OnePlus's AI features. Putting Google Lense inside camera option wont help.

Personal -
    Do you like adjustment made available by OnePlus in ISO in Manual mode?

17. Mainaks0290
    Donut Oct 16, 2018

Mainaks0290 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    oh you are lucky then

18. gopalbb
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

gopalbb , Oct 16, 2018 :
    why there is no colour pop up in OnePlus 6, most of the mid range phones is having this feature now

19. avi_sek
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

avi_sek , Oct 16, 2018 :
    camera is slow and it flashlight mode it becomes very slow improve camera aspect as much possible pls

20. G_Тима_Амелин_
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

syberman54 likes this.