Ask our Software Team: Part 4 - OxygenOS

1. oneplustwoindia Froyo Nov 13, 2018

oneplustwoindia, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Question about Oxygen OS: Don't you think the app lock should have a different password from the main phone lock? If someone gets to know my password or pattern he can easily access those locked applications too.

Personal Question: If you have to choose one phone apart from OnePlus, which one would it be and why? (In terms of software performance and OS)

2. vivektrivedi_07 Froyo Nov 13, 2018

vivektrivedi_07, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Sorry my Question is irrelevant for this thread, but it's an important one for sure. What r OP plan on pricing of future devices? as the OP has swiftly moved from economic and budget flagship mobile to premium range. Supporters defends OP saying that other brand charges lot more then that for same config. But I think majority of us are using OP devices bcoz it's reasonable then other other brands, but now that reason is slowly been taken away from us. I m proud owner of OP 5 and wanted to buy 6t, but now thinking to buy 7t looking at the price graph ( seems difficult to buy that too, looking at price trend of OP). I M A BIG FAN OF ONE PLUS THOUGH.

Maakamakhya likes this.
  3. 3806300 Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

3806300, Nov 13, 2018 :
    it will more comfortable for the users to have on screen volume and brightness controlls while watching YouTube and other videos...example like mx player or km player have on screen controlls....there by decreasing the burden of pressing physical buttons

personal question..when can OP 5T will have pie update tentative dates

Maakamakhya likes this.
  4. console_pc_gamer Gingerbread Nov 13, 2018

console_pc_gamer, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Lately I've seen beta update for op5/5t has no new things to test and the change log defeats the purpose of beta update. Please comment on this.

Why there is delay in pie update for op5/5t? When it comes to oneplus 6 pie update was released in 90 days. Why is this discripency?

paragd14 likes this.
  5. Maakamakhya Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

Maakamakhya, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Plzz add some good fonts and themes so we can change the look of phone. Its a high phone who can handle these type of tweaks

6. itsmerabbi Froyo Nov 13, 2018

itsmerabbi, Nov 13, 2018 :
    PERSONAL:

WHAT IS THE MOTIVATION WORKING IN ONEPLUS LTD, IS THIS YOUR FIRST JOB???HOW MANY COMPANIES YOU SERVED BEFORE.

About OOS:

BY ANY CHANCE, CAN YOU PROVIDE THE SCHEDULE ABOUT FIRMWARE UPDATE ???

(I.E: EVERY 15 DAYS CYCLE, 28 DAYS CYCLE) IT WILL HELP USERS KNOW WHEN THEY GET THE UPDATE OR BUG FIXES. AS FAR I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE AN SCHEDULE FOR EVERY UPDATES.

7. vivektrivedi_07 Froyo Nov 13, 2018

vivektrivedi_07, Nov 13, 2018 :
    1. there's no equaliser for Bluetooth earphones.
    2. themes could be a refreshing option.
    3. Customised colour for default clock

8. S1527409140418 Eclair Nov 13, 2018

9. Brahmam yadav Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

Brahmam yadav, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Hi one plus,
    Here is my question
    why you people can't try that to control our hole device with voice assistance.

10. Yashgupta741 Honeycomb Nov 13, 2018

Yashgupta741, Nov 13, 2018 :
    When are the small little things like the flying airplane in flight mode and other stuff coming to the oneplus 6. Are they coming or not? If yes when? If no. Why?

Brydges81 likes this.
  11. Byterapper Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

Byterapper, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Hello Szymon,, thanks for this opportunity. I hope you're going to answer more than Jimmy in part 3 ;-)

Would a setting be possible to link the media volume to the sound profile? Sound could be reverted to its previous volume when setting back to "loud".
    There are apps that do this, but it would make sense natively.

Personal question: I assume you moved to India for your job. How did you get offered the job and what was the part of the offer that got you you convinced to accept?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

console_pc_gamer likes this.
  12. pranjal18 Froyo Nov 13, 2018

pranjal18, Nov 13, 2018 :
    OP6T
    1. Why does the screen brighten up when unlocking via single tap to show ambient display and it doesn't brighten up when unlocking apps through app unlock screen.
    This brightening hits the eyes in dark lighting (may trigger migraine)

2. Audio tuner is not available on Bluetooth devices. Can it be enabled?

3. Can tha call speaker be tweaked to be used as a secondary speaker?

4. Are you hiring? If yes, I would love to know the working culture at your end.

13. abpanchali Gingerbread Nov 13, 2018

abpanchali, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Firstly, the OnePlus launcher is absolutely amazing. Though, the addition of a few extra features(in my opinion) would make it even better and make me stop using third party launchers.

Feature request:-
    1) arranging apps into tabs and folders within the app drawer(like nova launcher).
    2) give an option to select between google now and the shelf to the left side like on the 6T T-Mobile variant.

Marwadi_Rahul and Byterapper like this.
  14. G_Alexandre_Baia_Palas_N Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

G_Alexandre_Baia_Palas_N, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Hi !

Software question :
    Will always on display come soon ? since there is no notification led anymore, I find ambient display not as good since I have to touch the screen to know if there something on my phone.

Personal question :
    How is it to work at OnePlus ? do you feel proud ?

[e]1f609[/e]

15. jaimeenpatel Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

jaimeenpatel, Nov 13, 2018 :
    I have two questions
    1. When is Digital Wellbeing coming to OnePlus 6T ? There are other Manufacturer (Nokia 7 Plus) already providing that feature to end consumers. So when can we expect it or more over... is OnePlus even planning to provide that feature?
    2. When is Android Pie coming to OnePlus 5 ?

console_pc_gamer likes this.
  16. G_Prakash_Diwakar_Yovv Honeycomb Nov 13, 2018

G_Prakash_Diwakar_Yovv, Nov 13, 2018 :
    need efficient always od display as a substitute of notification lights. May be some pixels of screen can be used as a notifications lights. Please add this, since without notification its really looks very sad while charging or getting any new notifications.

17. Hemant rikhari Donut Nov 13, 2018

NightSoul_Sergiu likes this.
  18. _Ramji_ Donut Nov 13, 2018

_Ramji_, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Hey,

Glad you opened up this thread.

Question: There are a huge part of people who have recently owned the OP6 facing camera issues. Front camera fails when under direct sunlight. This is very visible with pixels and bluish tint coming all over the light affecting parts. Autofocus with Portrait is not upto your standard.

Above issues happen with new OP6 owners (mine is 25 days old mobile). Older users who bought mobile at time of release have no issues. Even though it's running on same version. I use 9.0.2.

Hope this is noted.

the_reckoner likes this.
  19. trupax Eclair Nov 13, 2018

trupax, Nov 13, 2018 :
    Why is double tap disabled when i activate the one tap feature? Cannot both be activated? Whats the reason why?

HeavyPete likes this.
  20. X1542120919414 Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

X1549568739885 likes this.