Network/Connectivity AT&T Access Point Network Settings

1. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jun 30, 2016

nyzproof333 , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Agreed, that's how I learned my lesson. I was with them (work) for 15yrs so I still have some buddies over there that filled me in on the whole IMEI thing.

2. lenoelracso
    Honeycomb Jul 1, 2016

lenoelracso , Jul 1, 2016 :

I found this...

3. j.dupuis
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

j.dupuis , Jul 1, 2016 :
    CAUSE: The IMEI for both sim slots are listed to only be set to receive 2G (H), hspa network. So if you contacted your service provider and registered your sim card with either of OP3 IMEI's, then you will not get LTE.

WORKAROUND: Tell your service provider to put your IMEI back to a previous phone that had LTE service.

NOTE: I had the same issue because I had to get a new Sim card because I went from a microsim to a nanosim. You access your phone information, by dialing *#*#4636#*#*. It will show your "Network type" only as hspa instead of LTE. There is no way to force it to LTE on your end, you have to contact your service provider. (Please note that if you have you display settings set to dark mode that you will not see the menu options when accessing the phone information)

meghanalow likes this.
  4. 36dbldz
    Honeycomb Jul 1, 2016

36dbldz , Jul 1, 2016 :
    my nano sim came out of a blackberry priv with LTE on ATT and when I did the *#*# thing i got HSPA on my OP3. Popped it back in my priv...LTE then back to OP3 now its LTE..

2 min later it went to hspa

5. G_Kirsti_McDaniel_thMr
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2016

G_Kirsti_McDaniel_thMr , Nov 6, 2016 :
    I just took the nanosim from my old phone (Samsung galaxy s6 active). Works okay so far. I am in a terrible location for AT&T service, but i have seen the LTE symbol show up on my OP3 a few times over the last couple days. I also did a speedtest and am only getting 1Mbps less than my iphone (got approx. 5.79 while my iphone got 6.71. Upload speeds are about the same on both phones at less than 1Mbps.