AT&T HD Voice

1. emes921
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2018

emes921 , Feb 5, 2018 :
    Is the OnePlus 5 compatible with AT&T HD Voice? If it is, can anyone let me know how to change the settings to use it? Thank you!

2. Prateek Kejriwal
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2018

3. McRussin
    Froyo Feb 5, 2018

McRussin , Feb 5, 2018 :
    If you're talking VoIP then no. They only support the phones they sell. And if you're talking about voice over lte, same thing but I don't know if the oneplus 5 supports it

4. G_Bryan_Winrow
    Cupcake Feb 6, 2018

G_Bryan_Winrow , Feb 6, 2018 :
    I'm planning on switching to a T-Mobile MNVO for this reason. VoLTE isn't working on AT&T. Currently testing out a GSM Ting sim card and both VoLTE and VoWiFi are working without hassle.

5. EllissDee
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2018

6. Brandon_L_79
    Froyo Jun 12, 2018

Brandon_L_79 , Jun 12, 2018 :
    ATT, will never support OP for two reasons. one is it's an unlocked phone (non branded), two it was never sold by ATT. I like to rub it in there faces, whenever I have to call them. they always ask if I want to upgrade, I laugh and say no thank you. I have a ATT tablet and asked them why is texting and phone calls not working with my number. They tell me it's because my phone isn't a ATT device. SMH lol.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  7. nkd
    Donut Jun 25, 2018

nkd , Jun 25, 2018 :
    LOL thats not entirely correct. There are bunch of other BYOD phones that support HD voice/VoLTE. If one plus says the VoLTE is supported and fails to mentions might not work on AT&T, it ain't AT&T's fault. Lets hold the party that sells the devices accountable for throwing out a blanket statement if they know it doesn't work on AT&T. If they wanted they can get it working like other BYOD phones. Heck even essential phone has VoLTE support on at&t from what I researched. It must not be rocket science, mate 10 pro does as well and so does pixel 2. Don't tell me essential that is killing its phone business has more resources than oneplus.

8. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

rahulmm , Feb 19, 2019 :
    You are not entirely true. As a matter of fact, it is entirely false.

HD voice, is simply the marketing term AT&T uses for the combination of VoLTE and WiFi-Calling capabilities. AT&T ensures that only certified devices are able to access HD Voice. So even a device that's capable may not be able to make use of it, if it isn't certified.

BYOD devices are not typically informed to AT&T. The users simply switch SIM cards and move on. There are a lot of OnePlus buyers who had AT&T HD Voice approved devices before they got their OnePlus. And for a brief period (1 day to 7 days) of time, they were able to access HD Voice features without issue. AT&T eventually knows the information of the device being used. I know this because my device information gets updated on the AT&T account automatically, even though I do not inform them of a phone change. And so, when the device information gets updated to a device that isn't certified, the HD Voice feature stops working. It is AT&T not OnePlus. So **** AT&T for that, and **** OnePlus too, for no reason.

U1620663221804 and dariodoc like this.
  9. dariodoc
    Donut Apr 6, 2020

dariodoc , Apr 6, 2020 :
    I made it work! I have a Oneplus 5, with an AT&T sim card in the USA. What I did is to contact AT&T over the chat, told them I got a new iPhone 8 plus, gave them the IMEI of it (fortunately my sister had an UNLOCKED iPhone 8 plus with another carrier), asked them to update the device info they had on their system on my account, waited for their confirmation and the rebooted my phone. The problem is not OnePlus, the problem is AT&T. They don't support certain phones, specially if you didn't bought'em from them.

10. dariodoc
    Donut Apr 6, 2020

dariodoc , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Of course I'm assuming that on your Oneplus 5 you have activated the volte toggle

11. littlebit
    Cupcake May 14, 2021

littlebit , May 14, 2021 :
    I find this all very interesting because I have the OnePlus 7 Pro, I've been on Cricket for about 3 years now and just got a message this morning that my phone won't be compatible. However, I've done nothing toggle Volte and yet I have it on my phone. So are they going to provision us out?

Attached Files:

12. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow May 14, 2021

Waveform Modifier , May 14, 2021 :
    Wrong forum and this is not support.