AT&T LTE....If you are passing on buying you need to read this!

1. deejay01
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

deejay01 , Jun 27, 2014 :
    I hated the playa too - right around when the HP TouchPad frenzy happened, and I couldn't get one unless I paid $500 (coincidentally what you SHOULD have been paying). I was like - you know what? They saw the opportunity and took it. Frustrating, but smart too for them. I can ***** and moan, but it is what it is. How many of them, if they stumbled across a few TouchPads, would avoid being hypocritical and leave hundreds of dollars on the table.

This whole invite system, and new members winning contests - talk about frustrating as hell! I just want the freakin phone. I am never lucky when it comes to contests. I think I won a t shirt once when I was a kid. And I refuse to pay your dirty scalping prices. ;) Just gotta have patience - something that a lot of these fools don't have.

Don't hate the playa - hate the game.

Patrick Hill likes this.
  2. Patrick Hill
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

Patrick Hill , Jun 27, 2014 :
    I can relate.. I have never won anything. At XDA Dev con last year they called my name to win a phone (A HTC One Or Sony Z) and my *** was had ran up to my hotel room like 5 minutes before they called me. When I got down and everyone told me I won but since I wasn't there they gave it to the next person I wanted to kick myself. I lost literally by FIVE minutes.

And I don't blame you.. I wouldn't pay that much for this phone..I would just wait until it was available but some people just don't want to wait and would rather pay double. I wish I had the money to throw away for something just to say "I got it first" but not when you can just wait a month or so and get it at half the price (and the real retail price) If anyone should be pissed at anyone it should be at OnePlus. I have also seen more of them popping up on Swappa now that more people are getting them. Hell, they aren't even keeping one.. They are selling the only one they have. I at least have one that I'm not going to get rid of(until the next best phone hehe)

3. deejay01
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

Man, that sucks. Free phone missed by minutes. Hard to enjoy yourself the rest of that night.

Nexus 5 works fine for me for now. But I have gotten sucked into the OPO obsession, and gotta have it. Well done OPO. And that whole "invite system to avoid scalpers" backfired when they opened up contests to anybody and their mother, instead of giving invites to early active forum members that would appreciate it, and not make a quick buck (not saying I am a true early member at around 38k). So it goes. I know they are just a startup too, and the price is as low as it is relying on free marketing. The contests get the word out.

4. Mike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2014

Mike , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Guys, we want to try and solve this. Could somebody with this problem work with me on the troubleshooting?

5. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

MrIanB , Jun 27, 2014 :
    I am here in Austin using Note3 on Straight Talk. I get 4G LTE symbol on my Note, hope to check the OPO when I get my invite and check it.

Ian B

6. shiehman
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

shiehman , Jun 27, 2014 :
    I think that the guy who created the thread said that he was just standing in a poor location while testing speeds and ended up getting decent LTE speeds.

but uh @scruff72 you may want to edit your original post letting others know that you're problem is solved. I was freaking out for a bit when I first saw this thread :p

7. deejay01
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

Welcome staff member cami. @Patrick Hill is your man. But wasn't it already solved? Dude was in a non LTE area, and made this thread freaking out about no LTE.

8. Mark1986
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2014

Mark1986 , Jun 27, 2014 :
    I would be extremely disappointed if that's the case. For the price, it might still buy worth buying the OPO, but it's no longer the superb deal it appeared to be.

Edit- OK I just read the other posts and feel very relieved.

9. iphoneuser019
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2014

deejay01 likes this.
  10. pcgooroo
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

pcgooroo , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Weird. I got an unlocked international z ultra and it is fast as f*ck on AT&T network. That sucks if OPO doesn't have the band for Houston area since I live in Houston med center area

11. neighborhoodkid
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

neighborhoodkid , Jun 27, 2014 :
    The problem is solved, I just wonder why this thread is still alive.
    Thanks for trying to help.

Thank you speed test picture.

12. deejay01
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

I concur. Unlimited = awesomeness.

iphoneuser019 likes this.
  13. deejay01
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

I am a lingerer. I'm working on that.

14. neighborhoodkid
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

neighborhoodkid , Jun 27, 2014 :
    It's fine. It can just confuse people though for these types of threads.
    It might give people chills, thinking oh no this is not good. (even though its basically solved)
    I just don't want to see this type of confusion happen.
    Maybe, perhaps the power to update the title, or the original poster should have changed the post to "Solved - it was a bad connection" or just close the thread because the issue was resolved.

Edit:
    The forums are still young and I guess as more people are getting these devices there may be more problems like these, I think it would be best in possibly in the new future there should a help & troubleshooting section at the forums.

I know there is filling a support ticket from the main page, but I guess there just people need to post on the forums just to fix the problem faster, instead of waiting.

Its just an idea, but its something to keep in mind.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014

15. Jerry
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2014

Jerry , Jun 27, 2014 :
    scruff72, we are resolving the issue with AT&T.

16. networkdood
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

networkdood , Jun 27, 2014 :
    Wow, it should not matter, but at least you got the correct info from the tech. AT&T encourages customers to come to their network with their own phones and then screws them over - yup, sounds like one of the reasons why I stopped working for them...I felt dirty working for them and selling their products - I got tired of being told to lie, when it was against my very nature...my advice is to escalate the issue - eventually you will get to the Office of the President....or even call the Better Business Bureau...that worked great for my customers in the past....
    FINAL SOLUTION - go to T MOBILE

neighborhoodkid likes this.
  17. networkdood
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

neighborhoodkid likes this.
  18. networkdood
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

networkdood , Jun 27, 2014 :
    For once, I can say that this has nothing to do with your company....good luck...

CoachEgghead and neighborhoodkid like this.
  19. networkdood
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014

CoachEgghead and neighborhoodkid like this.
  20. networkdood
    KitKat Jun 27, 2014