At this Point in Smartphone Technology, is the OPO Worth it Anymore?

?

WILL THE OPO STAND THE TEST OF TIME?

1. YES

128 vote(s)
    79.0%
  2. NO

34 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. alexmwong
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

alexmwong , Aug 30, 2014 :
    As we are getting into Q4, we are definitely going to see smartphones that will blow the OPO out of the water. The standard of smartphones is getting higher and higher as time goes by.

Apple plans to unveil the iPhone 6 at their event on Sept. 9th - (I know that everyone here hates iPhones, but hey, they sell, so they're doing something right.)

Motorola plans to unveil the "Moto X+1" at their event on Sept. 4th (The preceding Moto X was priced competitively at $350, and with it's rumored specs, I'm dying to see this device in action.)

Samsung plans to unveil the Galaxy Note 4 at their UNPACKED event on Sept. 3rd (Which will be a powerhouse)

I don't want to talk about the Nexus 6 since it is a myth, but if they do make it, I will buy.

At this point in time, is the OPO worth it? Will the specs and price continue to still consider the phone a "flagship killer"?

What are your thoughts?

islandboy345 and oneminus1 like this.
  2. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Aug 30, 2014

Hanson Lee , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Still worth like a diamond, only till October.

Because by the everyone would have this phone.

3. alexmwong
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

Thats if OnePlus decides to mass manufacture the thing, which we really don't know when at this point.

4. arvinmradze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2014

arvinmradze , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Its worth. You gonna buy note 4? How much? 3 months price will be depreciated.. Iphone6? Never mind apple.. Moto and nexus? Maybe..

5. firoz
    KitKat Aug 30, 2014

6. Gutta
    Froyo Aug 30, 2014

7. kanno
    KitKat Aug 30, 2014

kanno , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I think that One plus One will not be able to do that

8. tgalea9
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2014

tgalea9 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    this thread is dumb, you could literally apply your philosophy to any situation eg I'm going to wait for chemo drugs to be more effective before I take them

nikgipe83, aaron7001 and firewire2035 like this.
  9. Deactivated User
    Aug 30, 2014

Sepanda likes this.
  10. Kenz78
    KitKat Aug 30, 2014

Kenz78 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Depends on which angle u are arguing here. OPO is going to be a one year old phone (spec announced November 2013), any phone that come after will be have higher spec. But price over spec, OPO is still killer among the flagship. U can get all the best spec in a phone, but not in that price

nikgipe83 and chongswee like this.
  11. alexmwong
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

Correct, but there seems to be a lot of people who think the OPO is the only company making moves, just trying to enlighten people that there are other phones out there. :)

12. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Aug 30, 2014

TakeMyMoney , Aug 30, 2014 :
    That is indeed a very good question. It's probably best if they don't. If I were them, I would put the brakes on it a bit, iron out the kinks for the phone and non-existing accessories, and take all the lessons learned from the One and start focussing on a proper Two.

I would love to get my hands on a proper One, and if they do start selling it later this year, I will probably try and purchase the One again though.

alexmwong likes this.
  13. alexmwong
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

Companies like Samsung and LG are giants compared to OnePlus, and I don't see them going away in the near future.

OnePlus on the other hand... the hype for the phone was crazy, but can it live up to the hype? That is the question.

14. mylesd12
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2014

mylesd12 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    The OPO will still be worth it because even with all these new smart phones coming out they will be the same spec or slightly higher then the OPO for 2-3 time more expensive, so the OPO is still a good bet.

15. quza
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

16. alexmwong
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

I mean, companies should know that the OPO is out there and will (or at least SHOULD!) price their phones with the market trend. Overpriced phones usually never sell lol.

17. Moe0059
    Donut Aug 30, 2014

Moe0059 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Oneplus will punch above it's weight for another year. Hardware quality and software partnership with CM added to the price will sustain over that period.

zhamilton05 likes this.
  18. DerGatt
    Froyo Aug 30, 2014

DerGatt , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Depends what are you looking for in a phone.
    Samsung with all the bloadware, iphone only usable with an Itunes account.
    The main selling point for me is CM and how easy it is to flash different roms; since I was screwed over with updates with both my prior phones. Motorola Defy and Galaxy Nexus.
    The only phone I would consider is a nexus phone but Google won't release any updates after 2 years any more. So I'm back on CM anyway.
    So I rather buy a devices which comes with CM and support the developers.

jets likes this.
  19. mylesd12
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2014

mylesd12 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I agree, the most desirable part of the OPO for me is the fact that you are getting so much for a reasonable amount of money.

20. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Aug 30, 2014

TakeMyMoney , Aug 30, 2014 :
    It stands to reason that the phone would have been more expensive if it wasn't a pilot phone.

The current price is an investment for OnePlus.