Sound Audio mis-routing and control

1. SpontaneousMixx
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2019

SpontaneousMixx , Nov 24, 2019 :
    I have very frequently been having trouble with audio routing to Bluetooth devices and headsets, wired and wireless. Very frequently if I use an app that plays audio, including YouTube, Instagram, Tidal, Facebook, etc. while a wired headset or wireless Bluetooth device is connected, the audio will not play from the device. I can switch to the phone speaker and hear the audio, but then switching back to the output device results in no sound.

I can usually work around this in cases where
    A.) The output device has a play/pause button, and B.) The audio is streaming from an app supports pause from the headset.

If both those conditions are not met, I either have to disconnect/reconnect multiple times, switch to an app like YouTube that supports pausing and then pause/resume some media, or just simply restart my phone.

I also get some very inconsistent behavior where if I try to adjust volume while media is playing back, the rocker adjusts the ringer volume instead of the playback volume. I either have to adjust the volume from my Bluetooth device, or adjust the volume with the screen off, or manually select the volume I want to adjust. It is very counterintuitive.

2. SpontaneousMixx
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

SpontaneousMixx , Dec 6, 2019 :
    I have noticed that the audio seems to pretty consistently not work correctly after taking a phone call. Can anyone test or verify this? Do you have problems with audio not working on videos after phone calls?