Network/Connectivity Audio over USB not working

1. Harp3rBoy
    Froyo Jan 15, 2019

2. felipemendes
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2019

felipemendes , Jan 15, 2019 :
    I can't confirm or deny. I always have used an adapter like that, as my car's usb does not control the phone, and BT is for phone only. So I basically bought the adapter because of the car, not the phone.

3. Harp3rBoy
    Froyo Jan 15, 2019

Harp3rBoy , Jan 15, 2019 :
    that's fair enough and if when I get a new car it doesn't work then I may also have to buy one but I know this is possible through the phone and so it is a bug

felipemendes likes this.
  4. arinaldi94
    Donut Jan 16, 2019

arinaldi94 , Jan 16, 2019 :
    In the volume slider doen't appear nothing.

my head unit is compatible with android and IOS. i can chose if play music stored on the phone (MTP) or stram the music trough USB (android Wired).
    it is a bug because with my OP3 works perfectly (pioneer mvh-190ubg), when i connect USB it plays automatically the music on the car. (the audio output of the phone is redirect at the head unit).

it worked also with OP5T with android 8. is stopped to work 2 week ago with android 9 (oxygen 9) on OP5T.
    don't work also with OP6T.

i remember some time ago (last year) an update fixed it on OP5T (when i bought OP5T don't work USB audio)

dankoadamczyk and Harp3rBoy like this.
  5. arinaldi94
    Donut Jan 24, 2019

6. dankoadamczyk
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2019

dankoadamczyk , Jan 30, 2019 :
    I am having the exact same issue. Just came from iPhone7 to OnePlus 6t (I wished I make that choice sooner ;-).

The iPhone could simply connect over USB to my car radio (Pioneer MVH-X580DAB) and stream music through Spotify. It integrates seamlessly with my radio. For instance, the volume of TomTom can be at 10% while Spotify is blasting at 100% and I can easily thumb-up and down songs from my car radio. Features which are not available through Bluetooth.

My car radio does connect to my Phone as I can control the car radio's setting through the Pioneer ARC app on my phone. The radio also displays "Android" as an input device. The music from Spotify is not streamed over USB to my car radio but plays directly on my phone.

I have tried different USB configuration like describes in previous posts but it immediately goes back to "no data transfer". I can try later today to switch the default USB configuration to "File transfer" through the developer settings.

I have no experience with previous OnePlus or Android phones but it seems to me clearly that this is a bug.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019

7. arinaldi94
    Donut Jan 31, 2019

arinaldi94 , Jan 31, 2019 :
    hi, as i posted before is an android 9 "bug".
    AOAv2 is deprecated since android 8 and it seems that AOAv2 is dismissed in android 9. so no USB audio straming....

dankoadamczyk likes this.
  8. X1565923092402
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2019