[Submitted] Audio Streaming to Hearing Aids (ASHA) and Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor

1. dachs
    Froyo Mar 5, 2020

MadraMor likes this.
  2. Marvido
    Donut Mar 5, 2020

Marvido , Mar 5, 2020 :
    I upvoted, though i dont see it should be neccesary to give this idea. Any manufacturer not doing their best to implement this fast, should be ashamed of themselves for not doing so. And at this particular point, hats off for Apple for having supported this for years now, while it has been neglected from Google´s side.

I have tried to get this issued solved through support in a polite manner, but for some odd reason they seem to have chosen to ignore my ticket after asking them to guarantee that it is supposed to work now. This i asked after they had me do the usual routine of clearing cache etc. etc. I dont expect them to reply with any guarantees at all at this point. I also doubt the upcomming AMA with Pete will answer my question regarding this issue.

To me it seems O+ is more interested in foolish things like snowball wars and Televisions than focus on impaired people, which is why i will end up switching from O+ to a brand that actually care about how important and how much of a help this is for hearing impaired people all over the world.

MadraMor and dachs like this.
  3. dachs
    Froyo Mar 7, 2020

dachs , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Thank for your input. I also think about switching to another manufacturer when my 3T stop working and the feature is not in a new O+ at that time. To be honest I would switch to the newest O+ which supports ASHA immediately.

onecube1 likes this.
  4. G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb
    Eclair Mar 11, 2020

G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb , Mar 11, 2020 :
    I spoke to Google disability support and there seemed to be some confusion, initially, between ASHA and telecoil. Telecoil is not supported by 1+ but that's irrelevant to ASHA. They claimed that the hardware requirements are mostly Bluetooth 5 and BLE and that most modern phones should be compatible but that they also claimed there isn't a lot of information available yet for ASHA as it's too new of a technology.

MadraMor likes this.
  5. G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb
    Eclair Mar 11, 2020

G_Joseph_Tole_HDbb , Mar 11, 2020 :
    I think the 1+ 5 and newer should be hardware capable but I don't know and I am not an authority and I am only sharing my opinion so please don't take it as fact.

6. Marvido
    Donut Mar 23, 2020

Marvido , Mar 23, 2020 :
    Well....2 weeks since i last had any form of reply from support. So dont expect much from them, i highly doubt any of us will see this getting proper implemented (or explained why its not working). I will start look for a new phone with some proper customer support, who dont ignore the hearing impaired community.

I am so dissapointed, and really did expect way more of One+

onecube1 likes this.
  7. onecube1
    Froyo Mar 24, 2020

onecube1 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 24, 2020 :
    that how I feel. starting looking Google pixel.

8. MadraMor
    Froyo Mar 27, 2020

MadraMor , Mar 27, 2020 :
    If you use a Cochlear Nucleus 7, the only phone that will work is iPhone. I tried a new Pixel 4 just two weeks ago. Streaming doesn't work properly. The user experience on iPhone is excellent.

9. MadraMor
    Froyo Mar 27, 2020

MadraMor , Mar 27, 2020 :
    If you use a Cochlear Nucleus 7, the only phone that will work is iPhone. I tried a new Pixel 4 just two weeks ago. Streaming doesn't work properly. The user experience on iPhone is nearl
    Today - March 27th- from Google:

[​IMG]
    Hi,

It's Nathalia. Thank you for waiting for my response.

I just received the Engineering team feedback and they informed that unfortunately, their only suggestion is to wait for any update from the Cochlear team and in case they don't answer you properly maybe try to contact them back again to ensure how important is this app compatibility for you.

Again, I apologize for not being able to go further with this and really hope you can get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

Feel free to always contact Google Disability Support anytime you have questions, suggestions or feedback about Accessibility or assistive technologies within Google products and we'd love to help!

Thanks a lot! Have a great day and an amazing weekend!

Nathalia
    The Google Support Team

10. dachs
    Froyo Apr 3, 2020

dachs , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Maybe now with LineageOS 17.1 it could be possible on OP phones?

11. Marvido
    Donut Apr 4, 2020

Marvido , Apr 4, 2020 :
    Dont expect anything, they are more interested in AOD than supporting impaired people.

onecube1 likes this.
  12. MadraMor
    Froyo May 5, 2020

MadraMor , May 5, 2020 :
    Alexa Ritter 05/05/2020 11:00 PM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support.

I greatly appreciate your time and effort in reaching out to us. Your concern is of utmost importance and I will be assisting you with your query.

I understand your concern on audio streaming for hearing aids. I certainly understand the importance of answering this query. I would like to inform you that OnePlus 8 is compatable to ASHA(audio streaming for hearing aids) and you can use the below steps to enable ASHA.

For enabling ASHA(audio streaming for hearing aids) Go to settings>> accessibility>> hearing aids>>enable

Please let me know if you need any assistance regarding this. I would be happy to assist you further.

Regards,
    Alexa Ritter
    OnePlus Customer Support.

13. MadraMor
    Froyo May 5, 2020

MadraMor , May 5, 2020 :
    Alexa Ritter 05/05/2020 11:00 PM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support.

I greatly appreciate your time and effort in reaching out to us. Your concern is of utmost importance and I will be assisting you with your query.

I understand your concern on audio streaming for hearing aids. I certainly understand the importance of answering this query. I would like to inform you that OnePlus 8 is compatable to ASHA(audio streaming for hearing aids) and you can use the below steps to enable ASHA.

For enabling ASHA(audio streaming for hearing aids) Go to settings>> accessibility>> hearing aids>>enable

Please let me know if you need any assistance regarding this. I would be happy to assist you further.

Regards,
    Alexa Ritter
    OnePlus Customer Support.

14. MadraMor
    Froyo May 5, 2020

MadraMor , May 5, 2020 :
    UPDATE - As of 05/05/2020 - I purchased Pixel 3a and 4 and 4XL. None works properly with the Cochlear Nucleus 7. I returned all of them.

Still using iPhone. I'll buy the OnePlus 8 when it's available again and try it.

15. bryankek
    Donut May 6, 2020

bryankek , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    I'm using the resound linx quattro and I've enabled the hearing aid compatibility in accessibility on the OnePlus 8 pro. Under the playback option, the hearing aid shows up and can be selected. However, sound is still played through phone speaker. Sad to say, ASHA is still not supported on OP8

MadraMor likes this.
  16. MadraMor
    Froyo May 9, 2020

MadraMor , May 9, 2020 :
    That's sad.
    The issue with the Pixels is an unstable Bluetooth connection. If I put my phone in my pocket, the audio stream breaks up. This doesn't happen with iPhone.

17. Marvido
    Donut May 13, 2020

Marvido , May 13, 2020 :
    Thats the same setting you can set up in the 7 and select them, but doesnt work. My ticket were never resolved, and they never responded back to my last emails neither, so apparently they know about this but just dont care at all. Which also shows in the upcomming new stuff like aod etc.....Zero interest in implementing ASHA and i am looking towards other brands, as I am very dissapointed in both the lacking interest and the support from One+

Try and check out Samsung S10 line as they are mentioned on Beltone support site to work with their Beltone Amaze, my guess is that if it works, then the new S20 will as well ?

Beside One+ is no longer affiliated imo with what they used to stand for, now they are just another expensive blown up flagship wanna be with little interest in their consumers other than taking their money.

MadraMor likes this.
  18. onecube1
    Froyo May 18, 2020

onecube1 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 18, 2020 :
    1- oneplus have interested at all.
    2- android not ready for that.
    3- oneplus is officially dead to me, tomorrow switch to iPhone 11.

oneplus never settle with deaf or hard of hearing needed.

see you oneplus in 5 years if they are ready??

MadraMor likes this.
  19. Marvido
    Donut Jun 11, 2020

Marvido , Jun 11, 2020 :
    Yep i preordered Xperia mark ii im done with this ignorant behaviour from O+ who only caters fanboys. If i am lucky my new phone can stream to my hearing aids, if not they probably will way before O+

20. steve9271
    Donut Jun 12, 2020

MadraMor likes this.