Auto Battery Charging Limit

1. David_Bauch
    Donut Jan 5, 2019

David_Bauch , Jan 5, 2019 :
    I want to rally support behind a OxygenOS feature I wish they would add.

Basically, allow the user to set a charging limit to help maintain their phone's battery health.

For example, have it charge to 80% but then by 7:00 am it continues charging...the idea being the battery does not remain at 100%

2. P1546676859760
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

P1546676859760 , Jan 5, 2019 :
    wouldn't you say this it is more of a hardware thing though? I'm not sure if a piece of software could prevent charging due to the phone being physically plugged in

3. David_Bauch
    Donut Jan 5, 2019

rubenayla likes this.
  4. tushar.gaikwad
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019

damnitjoshua likes this.
  5. David_Bauch
    Donut Jan 5, 2019

David_Bauch , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Yes it notifies you, but it does not do anything to help the user force the phone to stop charging when they are unable to do it themselves...such as when they are sleeping

6. tushar.gaikwad
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019

tushar.gaikwad , Jan 5, 2019 :
    Yes, with Accubattery its not automated (no root solution). for full control Root is required.

I use Accubattery and it works for me.

7. LaurParasca
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

LaurParasca , Jan 5, 2019 :
    This would be a great feature to prevent battery degradation. I'm very happy with the battery life on my 6T and it would be great to keep it for as long as possible. My other phone (a Sony) has this feature, called Battery Care. It's a little more complicated, the phone continuously learns the charging and sleeping habits and does statistics on its own, so the user doesn't have to do anything like implementing a schedule or anything else. Then, the phone applies those statistics to optimize the charging process, keeping the battery at 90% overnight and then boosting at 100% in the morning, approximately one hour before unplugging it. After more than two years, the battery performance is still strong. So a similar feature would be more than welcome!

rubenayla likes this.
  8. jagoose
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2019

jagoose , Mar 21, 2019 :
    This is an important feature to extend the lifespan of any OP and save power. Being skeptic, I think it is not implemented because it will make longer time before customers are willing to replace the phone if the lifespan of the phone battery is longer.

9. mladenijs
    Donut Aug 9, 2019

mladenijs , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Please add this feature OnePlus. I would use this to block my phone to charge from a drone controller for example (draining the drone's remote controller battery). I used to root my device (OnePlus 3 and 6) and use the app "battery charge limit" to have this functionality but I don't want to root the current OnePlus due to the loss of the Widevine security level lowering down when rooting...