Auto call recorder is not available via OnePlus 8T

1. Mathur vivek
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

Mathur vivek , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Auto call recorder is not available, have to tap manually to record during call and also background voice is coming during call that call is recorded.

RogerBej, devchheda_ and NehaalA. like this.
  2. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Nov 9, 2020

David Y. , Nov 9, 2020 :
    thanks for the feedback, we did look into this feedback seriously, some facts to share:
    1. India is probably the only country that has such strong feedback, there must be reasons pushing people to do so, the local business environment could be one of them.
    2. local laws in India do not clearly require the consent of the other party when recording calls (at the moment).
    3. we respect social differences, we are exploring feasible solutions within the scope permitted by local laws. hope I can share some good news soon.
    [Edited on 11/19]
    please contact customer support for a temporary auto-call-recording solution for OnePlus 8T.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020

3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 7, 2020

Tokolozi , Nov 7, 2020 :
    This is normal and per google regulations.
    Respect people's privacy and use search.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  4. Mathur vivek
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 7, 2020

dsmonteiro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Hi Mathur,

As Tokolozi mentioned, that's how the dialer app is designed to work.

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Previous OnePlus devices have a different dialer app.

Tokolozi likes this.
  7. Mathur vivek
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

8. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Nov 7, 2020 :
    It won't be included. Since google regulations state it must be like this when using their dialer.

It's a privacy issue otherwise.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  9. dsmonteiro

Tokolozi likes this.
  10. StefanStark
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2020

StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 7, 2020 :
    It's so smart to just spam the forum sub categories with the same thread instead of just using search or scroll and read and get all your questions answered by doing so...

Tokolozi likes this.
  11. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2020

HarshKK14 , Nov 7, 2020 :
    I know this is becoming a big issue. I don't know whether you believe my words or not, many a times it is very necessary to record calls without the notice of the other person. I value privacy a lot but that isn't the case everytime. I understand OnePlus is trying to comply with legal requirements and value privacy policy, but I feel you should listen to users as well.

My father is about to get a new phone within a month or so. He will surely ask me which phone to get, and I am 100% sure I can't suggest him OnePlus or pixel phones just because of Google dailer. He sometimes have to record calls of those unfaithful businessmen. I love OnePlus phones for their smoothness and overall functions. I don't like a feature rich phone, it just needs to be clean, minimalistic and smooth that can satisfy daily needs; which OnePlus is. That's why OnePlus could stand against the competition. But now the phone dialer has become an issue.

OnePlus dialer is much better in all terms: looks, usefulness and features. I just love it. I have used Google dialer on my mother's OnePlus Nord. After using that dialer, I just can't recommend any future OnePlus phone to anyone. Why don't you all give us the freedom of choice. This way you serve both purposes. Those respecting privacy will keep using Google dailer and those who wish to use OnePlus dialer is happy too.

Recording call has many use cases. I did fill that survey for recording calls. I don't know what feedback you received from innumerable users, but I can surely say, Indian OnePlus users won't be happy with this move. They might forget this because of the awesome software, but this will surely pinch them some day.

@dsmonteiro @Gary C. @David Y. @Abdul B. @Manu J. @Joel Jacob

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020

12. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Tl;Dr

13. AyushP27
    Froyo Nov 7, 2020

14. NehaalA.
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2020

15. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2020

HarshKK14 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Thanks buddy. This is the first time I heard a positive feedback from OnePlus's end regarding OnePlus dialer on Nord and 8 series. By the way, if you are bringing back Dialer, then why not messages app too🤪. OnePlus's messages app is the world's best messaging app according to my experience.

X1597839607928, Mannath and Pinky02 like this.
  16. Pinky02
    Eclair Nov 9, 2020

Pinky02 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Big relief for me. Hope to listen to that good news very very soon. Trying getting back both OnePlus dialer and OnePlus messages app

X1597839607928, HarshKK14 and Mannath like this.
  17. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2020

HarshKK14 , Nov 12, 2020 :
    I have texted you privately. Please reply 🙏🏻

18. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Nov 12, 2020

David Y. , Nov 12, 2020 :
    Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 3.59.46 PM.png

it's a real challenge to catch up with growing pms (now the number is 949), almost impossible for me to do so, my recommended solution is to ask your question publicly and tag me.

back to the auto-call-recording topic, we have a temporary solution for 8t, please contact customer support for more info.

19. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2020

HarshKK14 , Nov 12, 2020 :
    I have questions for you which I feel you won't feel comfortable to talk about in public. You can reply to this privately. I promise not to share any info to anyone. Let's see if you can answer some of them @David Y.

1)There must be many who tags you in messages every day, every hour. Do you reply to all of them? Or do you select some of them randomly and answer them?

2) Whenever we are asked for logs, are they really looked at? There must be thousands of logs coming. Are they serious being looked at?? Personally speaking I don't believe this. Many keep facing issues for very long time even though they submit the logs.

3) Why haven't OnePlus applied for India's PLI scheme for smartphone manufacturing. Why no Chinese company applied for it? Chinese Government orders??

4) One feature I beg you for. I have already given suggestions, had submitted it in IDEAS 1.0 & 2.0 but was never looked at: Enabling lock system for apps or hidden space even if we do not keep a device lock. Why is it necessary to always lock the phone to add an app locker? I don't have much to hide from my family, hence no password. But at the same time, I want to keep password on a few apps. I don't want anyone to see that.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020

Pinky02 likes this.
  20. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Nov 12, 2020

David Y. , Nov 12, 2020 :
    1) I will check tags, but will only answer those worthy to answer.
    2) yes. logs are the key to issues.
    3) a high-level question for @Pete . personally I don't believe in conspiracy.
    4) in this case, you can enable password on the hidden space page.