[Submitted] auto factory reset

1. DHILLONZ
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2020

DHILLONZ , Sep 6, 2020 :
    i was driving and my phone was in pocket. when I move out phone from pocket phone was auto factory reset without any of my command in locked mode
    . it wiped out all my data. i was not expecting this kind of bug from one plus. such a pathetic service by one plus

jamietknight likes this.
  2. Simran K
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 6, 2020

Simran K , Sep 6, 2020 :
    We have got in touch with you for more details to get this issue resolved. Hope your coordination would be in place to get this resolved at the earliest.

Regards,
    Simran

3. huimi2525
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2020

huimi2525 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 9, 2020 :
    I did experience the same as this user. My OnePlus Nord just reset automatically without unlocking the phone. All my storage in the phone had gone and I am really disappointed with this issue which happened on a new phone that have been used for only 1 month. Please resolve this problem/ issue. With this, I remembered I had updated the system as it shown in my notification.

DHILLONZ likes this.
  4. W1600069053177
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2020

W1600069053177 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 14, 2020 :
    Buongiorno, ho acquistato il OnePlus Nord in data 17/08/2020.. nell'ultima settimana, tirando fuori il telefono dalla tasca, l'ho ritrovato in reset con la pagina di caricamento (i due pallini che girano) finché non ho dovuto forzare io l'arresto del telefono. vorrei capire se è un problema di software o di aggiornamento di sistema.

Attendo una vostra risposta nel più breve tempo possibile, cose da poter rendere il prodotto entro il 17/09/2020.

Federico Nicolas Cesare

5. jasonarima
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2020

jasonarima , Sep 22, 2020 :
    I have seen similar issues before. Some issues would cause the device to run into the recovery mode and it might be miss-trigger the factory reset. Before OnePlus fixes the issue, if you encounter the same scenario, you can try it to prevent lost your data first. Hope this is helpful.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/one-plus-nord-reset-restart.1302494/

If your device enters the recovery mode as a screenshot provided by the above post due to some reason or bugs.If you don't select the "Forgot password" and don't select any wipe data option, I think it won't do the factory reset your data. As I know, you can also press "Power key" and "Volume up key" for around 10 seconds to exit this recovery mode.