Auto Factory Reset via OnePlus 6T

1. Ashutosh Sardessai
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2021

Ashutosh Sardessai , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Today I was answering an online exam which started at 10am, I was using my OnePlus 6t phone for some FAQs and answers. At around 12 noon, the phone which was in my hands got auto reset somehow 😶and I lost my Heavy Data worth above 200 GB which was not able to get successfully restored.
    I felt very depressed 😣 to answer the exam and still now too as I'll always regret for not being cautious about this bug of OnePlus which led to my loss of memory of about 2 years.😢
    I thought OnePlus saved our beautiful memories in the form of Photos, Videos,etc 😞 but instead my all data just vanished in seconds infront of me doing nothing.😤😠
    If there is anyway I can restore my data rather than any previous backup ideas or stored data which I didn't do since I was knowing about this bug, please let me know😢😫
    1611739866482.jpg

1611739866507.jpg

2. Master_TC
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2021

Master_TC , Jan 27, 2021 :
    If you haven't used Google Photo app or made backups on external storage, then your images are lost for ever, sorry...
    As far as i know gallery doesn't save photos in the cloud.

The same with other data. No external backup -> all lost.

drl431 and Tokolozi like this.
  3. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 27, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Phones don't usually get factory reset itself, but phones can be stolen or damaged easily.
    You always have to do a backup.

rhyd1am, drl431 and Tokolozi like this.
  4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jan 27, 2021

Tokolozi , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Exactly, IMHO if you don't back-up your important data, it's like asking for it to get lost!

rhyd1am, drl431 and McJader like this.
  5. rhyd1am
    KitKat Jan 27, 2021

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 27, 2021 :
    You can't go blaming OnePlus for you not doing your own housekeeping! Everyone should be backing up their devices as part of their routine.

While it may well not be through any fault of your own that the reset has occurred, it is most certainly down to yourself, that you have lost your data. If you make sure that you keep regular backups of your data (honestly not hard or even time consuming these days), then in future your data will always be safe.

You wouldn't type out a 10,000 word essay, without saving a few times to keep your work safe!....... This equates to the same thing 🤷‍♂️

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. Raza_Dawar
    Froyo Jan 27, 2021