auto rotate disabling

1. GranolaBoy
    Donut Mar 13, 2019

GranolaBoy , Mar 13, 2019 :
    Auto rotate keeps disabling on its own on my TMobile OnePlus 6T. I've tried restarting and going on the options to see if there's something to counter this. I even took it out of my quick settings to see if I was disabling it on my own but no. this is really annoying. anyone know how to fix it?

U1627063981658, hedave and knicefire like this.
  2. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Mar 13, 2019

3. knicefire
    Donut Mar 14, 2019

knicefire , Mar 14, 2019 :
    I'm experiencing the same problem.

I never ever toggled the autorotations off, but from time to time I found my phone not reacting on orientation change and then when I look at notification shade I see that it's off.

My guess is some system state may trigger it to switch off.
    Like when watching YouTube horizontally a call comes in..

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue yet so the exact cause is unclear but I can confirm that I'm having that problem as well.

U1627063981658 and GranolaBoy like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Mar 14, 2019

YRJ , Mar 14, 2019 :
    Auto rotate is automatically locked as soon as you turn on battery saver.
    You can unlock it again but every time you activate battery saver or unplug your phone from charging it will lock rotation.

GranolaBoy and knicefire like this.
  5. erreib
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2020

erreib , Jun 27, 2020 :
    What is the impetus behind disabling auto rotate with power save mode? To save energy by disabling the rotation sensor? Doesn't make any sense to me and I've always found this to be incredibly annoying. Please give users the option to disable that part of power save mode. Really I don't see why the whole power save mode settings screen doesn't let you choose what the mode actually effects. Maybe the OnePlus team will use the excuse that they are using advanced methods to detect what to spend less CPU on, and that customizing it would mess that up. Ok... we could get a full auto mode for that and still give users the option to switch over to manually choose which apps/functions get reduced.

In any case I don't see the disabling of auto rotate with power save to be anything other then a nuisance.

U1627063981658 likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 27, 2020 :
    Give it as Feedback directly to OnePlus Developers.

Feedback tool

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

U1627063981658 and erreib like this.
  7. U1627063981658
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2021

U1627063981658 , Jul 23, 2021 :
    So this has been going on since at least 2019 and they haven't fixed it yet? Ugh!

It's happening on my OnePlus Nord N10 5G also. It's locking my screen rotation multiple times a day without my consent. I discovered an app running on my phone that I hadn't installed called "Rotation Locker Lite." I don't know if it had anything to do with this problem or not, but I have disabled it. I'll try to come back and update this if it fixes the issue for more than a day.

I agree that if this is connected to battery saver mode, it's a really user unfriendly "feature" and should be done away with immediately.

I also find that when it does this, it resets my screen timeout to 30 seconds, which I loathe with my entire being as someone who enjoys viewing content without tapping my screen every few seconds. I set it to timeout after 10 minutes, but it rejects my own preferences within hours.

It makes me want to return the phone. I have submitted a "suggestion" to the official suggestion area asking them to stop being a nanny phone provider. Sigh.