Autoplay videos from Gallery

1. Z1611574023288
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2021

Z1611574023288 , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Hi,

I've just received my 8T today and I'm very pleased with it so far. I've just been transferring all of my data from my Samsung A8 phone and realized there's a minor feature that is missing from the Gallery application.

While browsing my Gallery selection on my Samsung, if I click on a video/gif, it automatically plays the video and loops it indefinitely until navigated off. You have to option to open it in a separate video player if desired, but it's not mandatory like it is on the 8T. It's just a slight annoyance to be browsing the gallery, and see a still image of a video, then having to open it in a video player to view the whole thing. Especially with Gifs.

Now I get that some people may not want this, but it would be a nice addition to the Gallery configuration. Name it something like 'AutoPlay videos' and have it be a simple checkbox.

It's not an absolute deal breaker, and I'm sure there's applications on the store that can do this, but it's just a nice small feature to have.

Let me know if anyone else has noticed this (couldn't see any other posts on this issue), or if I'm just being pedantic.

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jan 27, 2021

Tokolozi , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Hey, feedback like this can always be shared, however to reach the developers it's best to do it here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

J4t1np4r3kh likes this.
  3. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 27, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    I moved your thread to a more appropiate section. Introduce yourself is not meant for this type of discussion

4. ShreyasPatil_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 28, 2021

ShreyasPatil_ , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Submit feedback through community app. Also for timebeing you can use some other gallery app which supports autoplay.

If it helps do mark it best answer.