[B.I.T.S. Photography pills] Part 3 - Street Photography (1)

1. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Nov 20, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 20, 2019 :
    You know I can be pretty annoying regarding photography... :rolleyes::p

script, YRJ and MosheG1 like this.
  2. script
    Nougat Moderator Nov 20, 2019

script , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I know that feeling.

Thx BITS, again

buntycubal, MosheG1 and B.I.T.S. like this.
  3. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Nov 20, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I'd spend hours just talking about it. Is so incredibly huge...

Thank you Mr. Squirrel Master.

buntycubal, MosheG1 and script like this.
  4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 21, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Hello, @B.I.T.S.

Just had the opportunity to read your new pill and this one could easily be a piece published outside the community, given the amount of research you did. I love information like the exposure times, but this time the star, for me, is Vivian - particularly the "Street 4" series, even if there's one photo on the "Street 5" that grabbed my attention for a long period of time.

I did not know her work and I'm in awe. So thank you also for sharing that link.

About the future of this thread, personally I would love to see you explore photos that changed our perception of the world and not being shots of something happy or organized to a certain degree. Photos as a tool to let us know what is happening and what happened - like photos shot during war, political events, etc. Think photojournalism. :)

The importance of that work as timeless documents, like the works of Eddie Adams, Abbas, and especially Robert Capa. I read an article about his story and the story of his famous photo of the soldier Edward K. Regan and I believe it can be interesting.

For example, during his darkest times on Normandy, Capa repeatedly said a phrase he heard during the Spanish Civil War, "Es una cosa muy seria. Es una cosa muy seria".

Thank you once again, dear Bolita. These threads will always be awesome and a great source of knowledge. These subjects with your passion are a perfect combination. Keep being inspired and inspiring others.

B.I.T.S., buntycubal and MosheG1 like this.
  5. TibiTibi
    Nougat Nov 24, 2019

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  6. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Nov 25, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 25, 2019 :
    The research I had to do was mainly inside my brain... I had to learn all of this and luckily I'm still able to remember! Even tho I'm sure I've missed a lot of things, each single person and information could make one thread on its own :rolleyes::p

Vivan is such an interesting figure... And I just realized I don't own a book with her work!! Damn this must be fixed soon.

Photojournalism is another future thread(s). I love its project format, photos need others to build the discourse. Since you mentioned it... A bit of visual pleasure for you here. (I'm sure you're gonna love both the series and the photographer.)

Not that you mention Capa... Another thing for you. :rolleyes:

Those two articles will be in threads, no worries :p

Thank you for your kind (and cheesy) words as usual. ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

A new one might be around soon! ;)

Cheetosdust likes this.
  7. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Cheetosdust and TibiTibi like this.
  8. TibiTibi
    Nougat Nov 25, 2019

rHITkM, rishi2668 and script like this.
  9. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 30, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 30, 2019 :
    Sorry for the late reply, finally had the chance to give your post a proper read - yay, Saturdays mornings :)

Pretty cool brain you have there ;)

Heh, I love how your own thread is making you spend money. But alas, books will never be "spending" money, more like "investing" it - to make that cool brain even cooler. :)

Can't wait to read it, Bolita. Like I mentioned, it's a topic I love and with your context/explanation, it's going to be pure joy to learn something new.

And thank you for the link. I saw it and some facial expressions are going to stay with me for a long time. I don't mind it, as a matter of fact, I like to have burned images in my memory as they let me know from time to time what humans can do, will do, and have done. I learn like that. Thank you once again.

That first photo there, that's photo I was talking about!

And look that quote I mentioned: "I just stayed behind my tank repeating a little sentence from my Spanish Civil War days, ‘Es una cosa muy seria. Es una cosa muy seria.’ This is a very serious business".

Thank you for the link - some photos there I didn't know. This bit, however: "I reached the boat. The last medics were just getting out. I climbed aboard. As I reached the deck I felt a shock, and suddenly was all covered with feathers. I thought, ‘What is this? Is somebody killing chickens?’" Classic Capra! :p

And I'll be here to read it all! :cool:

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  10. aolirl
    Honeycomb Dec 10, 2019

aolirl , Dec 10, 2019 :
    What is a photography pill?

That is the question which led me into this thread and what a great thread it is. I spent the best part of 20 years taking photographs both as a hobbyist and a freelancer. This ended a number of years ago but I'm slowly getting back into it thanks to 1+ and it's community.

I have read about the photographer's mentioned in @B.I.T.S op but had forgotten about them, so thank you for introducing them again. They can all be classed as pioneers and truly inspirational.

I have a day off work today and it's cold, windy and raining outside, perfect for exploring and rediscovering these forgotten (to me) pioneers.

Thanks again and looking forward to the next pill [e]1f609[/e]

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  11. Feeba Jain
    Donut Dec 10, 2019

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  12. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 10, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 10, 2019 :
    Hey! I just saw your comment, I'm sorry I didn't get a notification.

The concept of photography pill was the idea I had to name these kind of threads I started last month with the aim to share some information to get to know more indeep about photography, beyond a meaningless appealing simple quick shots...

There are another three ones, not sure if you know them. I'll link them here for you: Reflections, Theory and Recommendations

Thank you very much for your comment!!

aolirl likes this.
  13. aolirl
    Honeycomb Dec 10, 2019

aolirl , Dec 10, 2019 :
    Thank you B.I.T.S I didn't get to search for the other pills, I guess I don't have to search now, thank you for the links. I will most definitely be checking them out!

I1569495336566 and rHITkM like this.
  15. Helder_DAlmeida
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2019

16. gogiajay
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019

I1569495336566 likes this.
  17. Fillbill
    Donut Dec 11, 2019

18. mervyn@100597
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019

19. mervyn@100597
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019