OxygenOS

Background apps issue

1. tex87 Lollipop Jan 10, 2019

tex87, Jan 10, 2019 :
    Hi there!
    I've got my new OP6T almost two months ago but I faced the issue almost instantly.
    I waited for some Oxygen OS and apps updates but the situation is the same as two months ago.

I read an article saying that OnePlus is at the second place of the companies with the most background app killer software and it's true (IMHO)!

I experiences this issue with Whatsapp. Pratically after a couple of minutes after I turned off the display (with Whatsapp still running) the phone seems to reduce the responsiveness of the app.
    I see many times a "checking for new messages" notification.
    Even if I connected with Whatsapp web, after a couple of minutes (like 15/20), the browser page tells me to check if the phone is still connected.
    If I reopen Whatsapp everything working normally.

Someone else is facing this issue?

Thank you.

2. The1Lion Lollipop Jan 10, 2019

The1Lion, Jan 10, 2019 :
    Yes for some apps it is a "the cure is worse than the ailment" type of situation. My issue was with text message not appearing at all. I could send but even with messaging open I'd not receive until I restarted the phone. I've had to turn off a lot of the battery saving functions - it's way to aggressive if my communication device isn't communicating!

Actually just now I tested as a friend mentioned a text I have yet to receive and it looks like it's still not working so perhaps my settings are still not working or there's just something wrong with the device itself :confused:

3. jjedlins Cupcake Jan 10, 2019

jjedlins, Jan 10, 2019 :
    Go to the app settings -> Battery -> Battery optimisation -> select "Don't optimise" for the app
    This solved the my problem with a few apps

4. tex87 Lollipop Jan 10, 2019

tex87, Jan 10, 2019 :
    Thanks, but I already have this setting and WhatsApp still do the same :(

5. The1Lion Lollipop Jan 10, 2019

The1Lion, Jan 10, 2019 :
    So I just rechecked my apps and noticed I have two message apps (I used OP Switch to migrate data and apps from my OPO) and that may have been my issue - two message apps conflicting with one another. I have removed one to see if it will go away - so far so good.

It could be a conflict but not as obvious as the one I had. I was starting to wonder also if it had anything to do with SIM placement. For me, I have a single SIM and it is currently in the "SIM2" spot of the tray. I was ready to swap to SIM1 spot in tray to see if it would make any difference but will wait to see if removing the extra message app takes care of the problem.

6. tex87 Lollipop Jan 11, 2019

tex87, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Sorry I don't understanf what do you mean with "two message apps". I have only one Whatsapp installed. Thanks

7. The1Lion Lollipop Jan 11, 2019

The1Lion, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Just meant there is an app available in the Play Store for text messages and there is also the one included as part of Oxygen OS. So having these two apps attempting to pull in the same messages could have caused a conflict to occur. I can't say with any certainty that you're experiencing a similar issue, but the possibility is there that two apps could be conflicting with each other. It seems to be similar as it works occasionally and other times it does not.

So I'd say you have either a conflict or the battery optimization is being too aggressive and blocking the app - although it seems it would not continue blocking the app if you have it opened.

8. tex87 Lollipop Jan 13, 2019