Bacon vs. F1

1. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Sep 27, 2020

TibiTibi , Sep 27, 2020 :
    2020-09-27-22-54-35.jpg

Story of a Bacon

Where to begin?

Ahh, it all started with a bacon. And it was something new. The way it was presented was like... wow.
    I have read a story about a phone that could be in par with flagships. In some parameters it will beat them. That sounded really catchy. Will it come true?

It was 2014. The invite system came alive but the phone was not available for my country. In 2015 this situation changed by open sales Tuesdays. It was that opportunity what made this happen. I ordered my one and only Oneplus phone - the One.
    Waiting..., the days were so long. And then a phone call from DHL made my day.

Unpacking...
    Uhm that box 😍​
    Unboxing...
    OnePlus_One.png
    The touch response of sandstone back was amazing😍.
    The battery life was cool.
    The red flat charging cable was innovative.

PSX_20201010_015815_001.jpg
    The One replaced my former music player. It was my emergency and backup camera. It started to be my browser and window to the Oneplus Community.

Years passed and an accident happend. On a trip to USA my Canon camera was damaged by famous US cola drink.
    Since this moment the Oneplus One became my primary / only camera. And it served exceptionally.
    Take a look on Travel Blog "Shotononeplus" USA 2017 - my travel photos made by the Bacon.

I think it captured a lot of nice memories.
    The camera has also some weaknesses I just ignored it because i know the capabilities.

Years passed, the battery degraded and I've replaced my One with Pocophone F1.
    Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-3.png
    It started to be my daily driver but not my photo gear - here the former could still capture better photos. The Poco could mostly beat it only in the night.

I have made a blind video comparison. It is a mix of photos made this year with both phones. Take a look:

You are a judge now. Tell me a verdict.
    Do you have a photo you like in the video?
    Make a screenshot and comment below.

Looking forward.

Tibi

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020

2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 27, 2020

pablofg1978 , Sep 27, 2020 :
    I still have my one fully working, it is right next to me as a secondary device. More than 6 years working, amazing device

3. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Sep 27, 2020

TibiTibi , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Thank you for the response.
    I mainly use it as camera, sometimes for browsing.
    It is charged and ready for action 📷

buntycubal and script like this.
  4. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 28, 2020

yashwant24 , Sep 28, 2020 :
    I would say that man behind the camera understood the camera sooo well. [e]1f44c[/e][e]1f44c[/e][e]1f44c[/e]

5. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Sep 28, 2020

cdnfarmer , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Do I really have to pick one? Think most are awe-struck pictures. Wonderful. Awesome Tibi. Love the golden fields and mountain backdrops.

Tokolozi, buntycubal, script and 2 others like this.
  6. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Sep 28, 2020

TibiTibi , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Thank you 🙏 for your words and tip.

Tokolozi, buntycubal, script and 2 others like this.
  7. script
    Nougat Moderator Sep 30, 2020

Tokolozi, buntycubal and TibiTibi like this.
  8. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 11, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 11, 2020 :
    Great thread Tibi, as many say. The best camera is the one with you. The shooter makes the difference in most cases!

buntycubal, script and TibiTibi like this.
  9. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Oct 12, 2020

10. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Oct 12, 2020