Bad camera performance on 6T via OnePlus 6T

1. Lalex9
    Froyo Mar 8, 2020

Lalex9 , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 8, 2020 :
    Hi, I have an OP 6t from November 2018 which has been the perfect phone for me ever since. But in the last couple of weeks, the camera performance was from bad to worse. It app launches in a few seconds, the photo is taken 2 seconds after I pressed the shutter button, everything is just bad. The photos look ok if you have the patience to wait for it to be shot, and also the entire phone feels as snappy as day 1. If I clean the cache memory of the app and force stop it, it works ok, but for a bit, the next day for example is the same? Any solution? I don't want to factory reset it because I would probably lose a day with putting it back where it is now and I don't have that time.

PS: The GCam app works perfectly, the problem is only with the stock camera app.

2. Artemus
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 8, 2020

Artemus , Mar 8, 2020 :
    Don't expect any support if you can't supply any evidence to back up your claim.

Caoimhín likes this.
  3. Lalex9
    Froyo Mar 8, 2020

what do you mean by evidence, I don't blame anyone, this is my situation right now and I was just asking for any advice possible

4. Artemus

Artemus , Mar 8, 2020 :
    Evidence being showing us photos of what you're talking about.

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. Lalex9
    Froyo Mar 8, 2020

what? how can I show photos of lagging camera app? what is not clear about what I said?

6. Artemus

Artemus , Mar 8, 2020 :
    You mentioned "the photos look ok if you have the patience". I assume the pictures aren't coming out as nicely as you expect.

Caoimhín likes this.
  7. Lalex9
    Froyo Mar 8, 2020

the photos are ok, but you have to wait for the app to load, for the picture to be taken and then to see it, which takes me about 8 to 10 seconds in total. i am not complaining about the photos, but the app itself

8. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 8, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 8, 2020 :
    Clear the Camera app info cache and app info Storage, see if that helps

Also make sure you have the latest Camera version.

See if it fixes the issues you experience.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl.../oneplus-camera-3-8-109-android-apk-download/

Also Download and install OnePlus Camera Service

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...s-camera-service-2-2-10-android-apk-download/

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj, Artemus and Lalex9 like this.
  9. Lalex9
    Froyo Mar 8, 2020

Thank you very much, it seams to respond better now, I hope it lasts now.

Artemus and Caoimhín like this.
  10. dsharma_1234
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

Anoojprabhu likes this.
  11. dsharma_1234
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

dsharma_1234 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 17, 2021 :
    What we are getting after putting 43k in a device is going worse day by day and No one bother
    Atleast a good Quality pic is what required in this type of phone but no they want to sell there new phone and doesn't bother about old devices
    Atleast what quality used to come while purchase this 6T that quality this camera should produce now

But I think OP days are over

Thoo

12. Artemus
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 18, 2021

Artemus , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Like I said earlier, can't help without some sort of evidence.

Caomhin likes this.