bad customer service

1. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 19, 2017

SoniaB , Dec 19, 2017 :
    Well like I said, I think that CS is within its rights to refuse sending you another protector. From their POV, the order was fulfilled on their end. The fact that it was missed by you is really an error on your part.

Like I said though, PM me your ticket number and I will escalate this to admins and see if we can get this resolved.

youbi likes this.
  2. Sistecchie
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2017

Sistecchie , Dec 19, 2017 :
    A screen protector is NOT avoiding resposibility for handling with care. Even with this protector NO single phone vendor would repair this "for nothing". Drop damages, cracked screens are always excluded from warranty because they are caused by accidents - that means far beyond so called "normal technical use". Physical damage by impact and gravity...out of warranty. No hardcase, no shell, no protectors will change this, except you have a special warranty extension for "accidental damage" for example. If offered by vendor.

Dont use OP no more after this? Ok, try Dell Venue (worked for them) - you will have to pay. Same with Samsung. Even at Apple (worked also for this company) with a dedicated
    insurance for this YOU will have to pay a specified part of repair.

Sorry, but no chance to get around costs in case like this. And this is NOT a OnePlus thing.
    If you smash your bike, car, whatever against a lantern or a more solid object, Chrysler, Mercedes, Bentley, whichever will not fix it, because you bought it once from them.

Best regards.

rarog and youbi like this.
  3. BTStravel
    Eclair Dec 19, 2017

Sistecchie likes this.
  4. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2017

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Dec 19, 2017 :
    umm didn't you say your screen was already cracked?

Something tells me your whole story was an embellishment.

The more than logical thing would be you took the phone out of the box and didn't notice the protector before you put it in the garbage.

Rule #1 of ordering anything or receiving anything. Check the contents of the box against what was ordered.

The reply they gave you was no where near what you stated, then you said your phone was dropped and cracked. Then your buying a new screen protector for a cracked screen?

something not adding up here

5. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 19, 2017

youbi , Dec 19, 2017 :
    You are mixing stories, it's another user that said that had broken his phone with a screen protector and that since it broke he won't be buying another oneplus device again. :confused:

I do wonder what phone will he get now, I can only remember one of the old Nokia 3310, that phone eats bricks for breakfast and spits on tempered glass protectors, that's for baby phones and not for real phones. :D:p

G_Nick_T_FTnG likes this.
  6. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2017

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Dec 19, 2017 :
    oh I guess you're right I did. my mistake.

youbi likes this.
  7. BTStravel
    Eclair Dec 20, 2017

BTStravel , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Your mixing up two different people/stories!!

8. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2017

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Umm... read the post above the one you just wrote.

9. BTStravel
    Eclair Dec 20, 2017

10. F_Remco_Stadhouders_qpWt
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

11. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 21, 2017

SoniaB , Dec 21, 2017 :
    This was escalated to CS the by me.
    They have confirmed that you will be contacted shortly and a refund for the screen protector will be initiated.

12. BTStravel
    Eclair Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    BTStravel , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Dear all,

Today I can announce that Customer Services have found a solution to resolve this problem.
    We'll done. Thanks!

13. BTStravel
    Eclair Dec 21, 2017

Hi there. Yes, just updated this thread. Thanks.

SoniaB likes this.
  14. Burtjr
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

Burtjr , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Sounds to me like the company is holding the customer to the agreement. You may not like the outcome, but I see nothing wrong here. The only way to get them to change their policy is to impact the bottom line by not buying their products.

15. BTStravel
    Eclair Dec 21, 2017

You probably didn't read my last post. Problem solved by Customer Service.

16. max_uprising
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018

max_uprising , Nov 20, 2018 :
    I purchased a OnePlus 5 last Summer and have been very pleased with the phone. Would have definitely considered upgrading to a newer OnePlus when the time was right but my experience has forced me to reconsider this.

The phones GPS stopped working this summer and at the request of the service department, was sent from my home of Vancouver, BC all the way to Toronto, ON for repair. It was shipped back after a week or so, and the problem was temporarily fixed. There was no loaner provided, and no local repair options were made available, so I was without my $700 premium smartphone for a week. Obviously the GPS is a key feature of the handset that I rely on heavily and could not simply do without.

In September, the same issue popped up again, and I contacted the service department again. I was extremely unhappy about the prospect of losing my phone for another period of time. After a lengthy exchange of emails, I was referred on to various employees and eventually to a supervisor who tactlessly assured me that there was no other option available but to send the phone away again for repairs. I was, again, very unimpressed but it seemed reasonable to let them have one more attempt at fixing my expensive phone.

I explained to the gentleman I was dealing with at this point that due to my working away from home, I would have to time the sending of the phone carefully to avoid losing my phone for a month. He asked me contact him for a shipping label when it worked best for me. I did so a few weeks ago, at the start of my 2 weeks off from work. I was very clear that he would need to send the label quickly. 10 days later, yesterday, I received a reply asking if it was too late to send the label. I sent another lengthy email informing him that my patience was at an end, I would not have time to send the phone until the new year due to my business and personal travels, and that he would need to now work out another solution for me.

The next day he replied with a 2 sentence response, informing me to contact him when I was ready to ship the phone. I was astonished. I will definitely reconsider buying another Oneplus after this.

17. I1542379617274
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

I1542379617274 , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Opened an RMA on Jan 1st. Called 4 times.

No answers, No replies, No e-mails.

4 Days without a phone and now I have to send it someplace in Texas just to find out when it'll be back. . . EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE FROM THIS COMPANY....

18. SouravAcharya
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019

19. borft
    Jelly Bean Jan 5, 2019

borft , Jan 5, 2019 :
    and so is your English

20. SouravAcharya
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019