Bad Data Connection Speeds

1. Aleman569 Cupcake Sep 15, 2018

Aleman569, Sep 15, 2018 :
    Hello everyone! I am having slow connection speeds with my OnePlus 6 using T-Mobile in New York City. Yes. i am using Android P Beta but I do not think that is the problem since i have ran these tests before and the connection speeds are similar on android Oreo. Is there any fix? If there is please tell me.
    Thank You!
    1536971499126.jpg

2. d1xenotime Froyo Sep 15, 2018

d1xenotime, Sep 15, 2018 :
    Hello Aleman~ I suggest you to do the following tests at the same location and perhaps at the same time you did this test (8:24 AM? PM?)
    • Try at a different phone? Borrow from a friend phone which is 4G compatible for 5 minutes?
    • Run this speed test again at the exact same location to see if this is "area affected".
    • Did you try running this test at let say 12 AM at the same location? If this fixes the speed issue, then the problem lies with the T-Mobile coverage network and it is not related to your OnePlus 6.
    Network do saturate and shave speed with multiple users in the vicinity. Base on how dense New York is, I would not be surprised if your speed is cut.

I hope this helps isolate the problem and differentiate between a communication tower problem or hardware.

Aleman569 likes this.